overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Orton in the ring: Amazing, and you can't fight that argument.

I really can't stand Randy Orton in the ring, I think he's boring. He's so boring in the ring, and his 1,000 chin locks is pretty annoying, he could at least toss it up with his rest holds. All of his good matches he had with good opponents. HHH, Jericho, and HBK are great, and those are the only matches I actually liked with Orton.

CenaMark54

I just feel to say this:

Orton in the mic: barely passable. Too scripted

Orton in the ring: Amazing, and you can't fight that argument.

I would say Orton is above average on the mic. It really don't think it sounds scripted at all. His biggest problem is consistency and I think thats due to the fact that he hasn't really found himself on the mic yet. Orton has had some really great promo's. Bad Blood 2004 comes to mind and the three way interview with Mysterio and Angle before WM 22 was also great IMO.

One negative is that he comes off either as an introvert or a guy who doesn't have confidence in his abilities. If you pair him off with Cena the difference really shows. Public speaking comes naturally to Cena and its obvious. He has something that can not be taught. He speaks like he is in a normal everyday conversation and has the ability to display emotions like few in the industry can. Orton on the other hand is the type of person who has to think about what he is saying before he says it and it shows.

I agree with your assessment of Orton in the ring. He is amazing. He is the best seller in the WWE and he has the ability to make faces look like gods.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Wow this thread is hoppin which is good some things I agree with Cenamark Kennedy in the ring is pretty good not great he had been in matches were he has hurt wrestlers such as Lashley and Cena. As far as the underrated overrated list yeah the overrated list buddy is hard to follow. You take Jericho who is great on the mic heel/face/tweener and follows up with great matches even against jbl which our hard to watch even for me since i'm such a big fan. Then you have Rey Rey and this guy on the mic is okay not bad but in ring wise omg come on this guy is fun to watch. Benjamin i think is underrated for the simple fact his in ring performance is excellant matches with HBK and Triple H great tag matches with Haas. Now for my final thought and I know there are so many of them just like you are to Cena is the one and only HBK. A man is about to turn 43 and can still have a better match then anyone on the roster. A man who has added moves to his game ever since he has come back from injury last October. SUbmission and what not he is one of the best on the mic and with out a doubt a gimmick that gets over with the fans even at 43. Yeah he is balding but never the less a talent that is in a class of his own. My opinion only but thats what I think. Oh and Khali come on release him already the man is BORING. "You can't wrestle"

The Rated R CMStar

I think I should have went a little more in depth in my statements.

Orton on the mic is way too inconsistent. He can pull off amazing promos, like the ones he was doing with Triple H bulding up Judgment Day and One Night Stand, highliting the JD promo and the face off before ONS.

However, take for example his feud with Y2J, his promos were way off, and too scripted. Or for example at the Anniversary of Raw, he killed any excitement about the announcement of Rated RKO reuniting for the match.

He can make big hits as his "Eddie is not in heaven, he's down there...in HELL!", to "Chris Jericho is a virus Todd. Chris, since you like codes so much, I'll give you one, RKO 18".

And HFH, I would have agreed with you on the chinlock statement half year ago, but he has practically erased them from his matches, and while you still see one or two in his matches, it's not like in the past in which you could count easily 7 or 8 rest holds. Besides, he has amazing in ring psicology, knows how to sell, and makes every finisher look like gold. That SCM from HBK looked deadly every time Orton took it.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I never liked Mr. Kennedy. People think he's great on the mic, and to me its just annoying. Just because he can say his name don't compare him to The Rock or even John Cena for that matter.

He also has yet to have a real good match. I have yet to see a real good and entertaining match from him.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
And Mr. Kennedy isn't overrated. If he would have continued doing what he did on SD on 2006, then his mic skills would be considered the best in the biz, because they are, and he showed that by carryign practically by his promos all his feuds on SD in that year.

That's the problem, he's still doing the same shit since 2006, and its getting old very quickly.

Blast325

Reaction score
I think Shawn Michaels is overrated. Especially after he got attacked by Chris Jericho at Night of Champions.

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I think Shawn Michaels is overrated. Especially after he got attacked by Chris Jericho at Night of Champions.

He wasn't 'attacked' by Jericho at Night Of Champions, he was the one who came out in the Jericho match and distracted him enough for Kofi to get the win, he then sold his eye injury to give further progression to the story, the fact you seem to think Jericho really did attack him proves to me that Michaels is doing a good job on the selling so how can that be overrated?

I doubt you actually got the question anyway

kingovkings

Reaction score
Underrated
HHH = coz he is married to steph. Nuff said.
HBK = doesnt get the recognition he deserves for his years in the wwe or what he does to get up and coming stars over.
TISTA = good entertainer and bashed to easily
Cena (at times) He is probs the hardest working star in the wwe and he gets nailed rightly or wrongly for the way he is booked. Cena is a big hit with kids and to be fair they buy the merchandise. He would have more of a following if he was booked to the older spectrum but this is business and it ain't gonna happen. A lot of Cena's heat off fans comes down to booking and making money for the company not necessarily Cena himself.

Axis

Jeff Hardy is easily the most overrated.
Care to expand? I would argue that Jeff Hardy does above and beyond what his job is to do, which is to entertain the most amount of fans and draw them into his matches.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
The problem with Hardy is that he's so bad with a mic in his hands, it's hard to give him a world title IMO, well for a short period it could work..
HBK is a legend, he's not really underrated, but to compare with HHH : HBK 4 time world champion, HHH : 12time...Is really HHH 3 times better than HBK, I don't think so to say the least.

eggthief

Reaction score
Yes HBK didnt got enough in the past, but its to late to give him a title run now since well he will retire soon, best to let him get other wrestlers over which he is very good at imo.

DanDaMan

Reaction score
Well in HBK title number would be way up if he would have never gotten hurt IMO. If HBK was around as a wrestler and not Comish or special ref I could see him as HBK and Austin in epic battles and The Rock HBK and like we have seen with HBK and Triple H in the 2000's. I would say HBK would have held the belt twice as what he has now. Also look at his title reigns the first went from march to november 96 then he won it at the Rumble gets hurt a month later or three weeks later. the the crazy Survivor series to Wrestle Mania and his laast run was just to make it offical that the HBK was back. Triple H has had a lot of short title reigns in his 12 times. Which is fine but it's not like he held the belt for 6 to 8 months everytime.

Southtown Original

Reaction score
I don't think Kennedy is overrated, first how can you say he is overrated he has only won 1 major title? And who ever said that Cena and Khali were underrated fell on there heads way to many times, and how can anyone say HBK is underrated? If it wasnt for this man WWE proabley would not even exist now, remember when WCW was killing WWF in TV Ratings? HBK held that company in tact during them times.