Out of all the WWE wrestlers, who do you think would have been great real life fighters?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Swagger and ziggler have the ground game on lock. Both highly regarded as being skilled and could control the mat. Swagger especially is a physical specimen.Those are the only two that i know of in the "e" who have success in a real combative environment. Del Rio actual was in MMA. Steve Blackman and Angle from the past. Maybe more but those are the only ones I can think logically would stand a chance

Last edited:

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
From a 12 Yr/o perspective I would say Brock Lesnar as he has just joined WWE and is a big bad man. (They don't have a f'ckin clue)

From my perspective I would say RVD, he would have/be interesting to see in a MMA Fight.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source of RVD being a legit martial artist? I think he is about as much a martial artist as Wade Barrett was a bare knuckle boxer.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source of RVD being a legit martial artist? I think he is about as much a martial artist as Wade Barrett was a bare knuckle boxer.
There were plenty of RVD biographies(outside of wikipedia) stating that he's trained in two dojos back in his hometown Battle Creek, MI somewhere around in the mid to late 1980s. He's trained(maybe not necessarily a black belt in all or any) in Kickboxing, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido and Kendo according to some of the biographies outside of the wikipedia.

Here's one source I found. Idk if it's the most reliable source but it's a link to one of RVD's brief biographies. http://www.angelfire.com/in2/Blazer3112rob/

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
There were plenty of RVD biographies(outside of wikipedia) stating that he's trained in two dojos back in his hometown Battle Creek, MI somewhere around in the mid to late 1980s. He's trained(maybe not necessarily a black belt in all or any) in Kickboxing, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Aikido and Kendo according to some of the biographies outside of the wikipedia.

Here's one source I found. Idk if it's the most reliable source but it's a link to one of RVD's brief biographies. http://www.angelfire.com/in2/Blazer3112rob/
Just his word is the only person you can find talking about his martial arts. No video or any instructor or events or ranks.

I think his "martial arts" background is about as legit as CM Punks

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Isn't Slater a two time golden glove boxer or something? I know that he's a one time GG but I am unsure on the two time thing.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Pretty sure people often confuse Rob Van Dam with Jean-Claude Van Damme. lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Isn't that what his wrestling gimmick basically is(being based off of him)? lol
Pretty sure. That's what makes me believe his martial arts background is a farce. Seems more to me like some promoter early on was like Hey you look like JCVD, can you do any martial arts looking shit?

I mean, can anyone find him using good techniques for his kicks or anything? Everything I can remember and can find to support my memories shows he has really sloppy kicks and I doubt he has actually trained much in kickboxing

shit is just sloppy looking

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds like we all forgot to mention Steve Blackman in the badass thread if he really is leg sweeping Big Show from his back lmao. Goddamn

Apparently he is an MMA trainer. Much more legit than RVD

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Sounds like we all forgot to mention Steve Blackman in the badass thread if he really is leg sweeping Big Show from his back lmao. Goddamn

Apparently he is an MMA trainer. Much more legit than RVD
Ah yes, Blackman.

The man who casually rounhoused JBL in the face in an airport. He's a bonafide tough guy. He survived being put in a long coma as well if I am not mistaken

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler