Out of all the WWE wrestlers, who do you think would have been great real life fighters?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Real Life fighters as in an MMA fighter, boxer, etc.?

Aside from Brock Lesnar and Ken Shamrock(who both competed as MMA fighters already in real life in the UFC), I think Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam and The Undertaker would have been pretty good fighters in real life. We all should know why Kurt Angle would be a good fighter and both RVD and Taker have martial arts backgrounds(especially RVD).
I'm sorry but the undertaker??? No way. He has done some basic shit but to say he would've done well in UFC is absurd. Cm punk technically has a "background," too. But anyone with half a brain knows odds are he's going to get his ass beat. Just because taker is a fan, doesn't mean he just be in the ufc and do well.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Knew it was something. Shame one man's reputation went down the shitter because of something like that.

I agree. But WWF handled it poorly.

I have to rephrase what I said though. I didn't stop being a fan of him due to this. I actually still think he would have been perfect for MMA back in the 90s, he was one tough guy. And it sucks that possibly the worst idea at the time, Brawl for All, was what ruined it. It was probably even a worse idea than the XFL.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the undertaker??? No way. He has done some basic shit but to say he would've done well in UFC is absurd. Cm punk technically has a "background," too. But anyone with half a brain knows odds are he's going to get his ass beat. Just because taker is a fan, doesn't mean he just be in the ufc and do well.
True

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Countless wrestlers from the 80's and 90's always talk about how Haku/Meng was the baddest motherfucker that you could ever cross. In a pure, knock-down drag-out street fight, he's the last guy you want standing across from you in opposition. Here's a website detailing many of his horror stories:

http://www.mandatory.com/2014/02/19/meng-stories-of-the-scariest-man-in-the-history-of-wrestling/
I will say that as much as I love this post, and this guy is tough for sure, he most likely wouldn't fair well with rules. Sure, he's tough and with no rules he could probably beat the shit out of some of the best ufc fighters. But, he can't go into a ring and simply knock someone's eye out socket intentionally and use weapons.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I will say that as much as I love this post, and this guy is tough for sure, he most likely wouldn't fair well with rules. Sure, he's tough and with no rules he could probably beat the shit out of some of the best ufc fighters. But, he can't go into a ring and simply knock someone's eye out socket intentionally and use weapons.

True. But that's why I specifically stated in a "pure, knock-down drag-out, street fight." :)

I do think Haku would still fare very well in the Octagon. I refuse to believe someone that tough wouldn't still be a force to be reckoned with in an environment where only the toughest of the tough are welcomed, even with a short list of rules that he had to abide by.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say Shelton Benjamin, mostly out of intuition.
He roomed with Brock Lesnar at the University of Minnesota. WWE was encouraged to sign Benjamin in a package deal with Lesnar..
Benjamin was introduced to the WWE Universe (along with Charlie Haas) by Kurt Angle in "The World's Greatest Tag Team".
Benjamin coached wrestling at the University of Minnesota and was supposedly a world class sprinter as well.
On top of that, he's done well in Japan and was one of the first young guys HHH jobbed to during his reign of terror from 2003-2005.

Daniel Bryan and Tyson Kidd, possibly, but Benjamin strikes me as a guy who had the tools to do well.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
True. But that's why I specifically stated in a "pure, knock-down drag-out, street fight." :)

I do think Haku would still fare very well in the Octagon. I refuse to believe someone that tough wouldn't still be a force to be reckoned with in an environment where only the toughest of the tough are welcomed, even with a short list of rules that he had to abide by.
Missed that part. My bad.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Are we talking about MMA or like straight street fights?

I'd take Batista who trained in BJJ with the Gracies and also has Muay Thai training.

Jimmy Wang Yang is trained ain Judo and BJJ so definitely him in his prime.

Shelton Benjamin trained with Brock Lesnar in mainly wrestling but I'd still take him.

Taker is a big boxing and MMA mark and is friends with boxers and UFC fighters. That's about as far as his experience goes.
He's a legitimate tough guy, but he's not a trained fighter.
Where'd you hear that he's not a trained fighter? He's got a black belt in BJJ under the Prodigy aka Steven Williams and used to train in kickboxing.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Where'd you hear that he's not a trained fighter? He's got a black belt in BJJ under the Prodigy aka Steven Williams and used to train in kickboxing.

Because I cannot find any sources on that to confirm it. But his wikipedia notes him as being a big fan of boxing and MMA, but not as having any training.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Because I cannot find any sources on that to confirm it. But his wikipedia notes him as being a big fan of boxing and MMA, but not as having any training.

Granted he may not have deserved it that early but Rolles Gracie was the one who awarded it to him after like a year and a half of training, you don't remember that whole controversy in 2011 about this?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Granted he may not have deserved it that early but Rolles Gracie was the one who awarded it to him after like a year and a half of training, you don't remember that whole controversy in 2011 about this?
Nope. And I am pretty sure if it was legit it would be stated on an encyclopedia page dedicated to him.
Taker's MMA skills is about as legit as CM Punk's supposed mui thai background.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nope. And I am pretty sure if it was legit it would be stated on an encyclopedia page dedicated to him.
Taker's MMA skills is about as legit as CM Punk's supposed mui thai background.

It may not be on his Wiki page but it's on the page for notable brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners from when I just looked to see if I was thinking of someone else.. but yeah I definitely remember in 2011 Rolles awarding him a "no gi blackbelt" that caused an uproar through the scene.

CM Punk trained in BJJ too, white belt for life.

Stopspot

Reaction score
It may not be on his Wiki page but it's on the page for notable brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioners from when I just looked to see if I was thinking of someone else.. but yeah I definitely remember in 2011 Rolles awarding him a "no gi blackbelt" that caused an uproar through the scene.

CM Punk trained in BJJ too, white belt for life.
If that is true that Gracie needs to lose his own black belt. You don't gain a black belt after a year and a half.
I did judo for 4 years (the martial art that BJJ is derived from) and you just don't gain a black belt in a year and a half. I'd be impressed if he got one in five.

His "black belt" is like the ones you get in one of those mall dojos. Worth about as much as the child labour that made it.

Same goes for Punk. Until he saddled up for the UFC he wasn't a "trained BJJ grappler" either. He was a mark who did BJJ on the side when he had time.

Reactions: Red Rain

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If that is true that Gracie needs to lose his own black belt. You don't gain a black belt after a year and a half.
I did judo for 4 years (the martial art that BJJ is derived from) and you just don't gain a black belt in a year and a half. I'd be impressed if he got one in five.

His "black belt" is like the ones you get in one of those mall dojos. Worth about as much as the child labour that made it.

Same goes for Punk. Until he saddled up for the UFC he wasn't a "trained BJJ grappler" either. He was a mark who did BJJ on the side when he had time.
100% agree. Taker isn't a real fighter. Just as punk isn't. Yes, he's done some "grappling." And hell, he might even be pretty good at it. But can he walk into the ufc and do well, even in his prime? Fuck no. Same for punk.

That's like saying... Well I got really good at throwing a football... Maybe I can step in for tom Brady a couple games and do well?!??

Odds are really stacked against you.