Optical Illusions and the human brain.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

Again C4 not quite working, should test teh things before straight away posting. By the way Edit - Thanks Mikey and Juarrasic Peep for repping me, I repped too many people in the last 24 hours to rep again but I will return the rep soon enough.

Oh and he does look a bit like Kaedon :rofl:

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, that one that NinjaStar was talking about has a red x on my screen too. And that one with the McGurk effect said embeding was disabled by host. But I clicked on another video. Eyes closed sounds like "ba ba" but eyes open to me sounds like "Ah Ah Ah"

C4

Edited that post and typed the paragraph myself.

Moving Circles?
Focus on the middlle and you shall see the circles start to move.

illusion-45.jpg

Moving Eggs
It would appear the eggs are moving but they are really not!

illusion-39.jpg

Black and White
Christopher Walken is flying through space and blinking black and white.
illusion-43.gif

Perfect Square

The square in the middle appears to be curved but its perfectly straight.
illusion-40.jpg

Anything moving?
Warning, Your eyes may bug out of your head while you look at this one.

illusion-37.gif

Evil Austin

^ The top two I have seen and are stupid imo/ but the Christopher Walkin one, the illusion part is meant to make it seem that he is coming closer to you but it isn't. Whenever it goes from White to Black, the brain has to accompidate and look at a totally new image which laid quickly one on top of the other looks like he is moving closer to you.

C4

This one didn't work for me but anyways,

DON'T scroll down too fast, do it slowly and follow the instructions below exactly, do the math in your head as fast as you can. It may help to say the answers aloud quietly.

FOLLOW these instructions one at a time and as QUICKLY as you can!

What is:

* 2+2?

* 4+4?

* 8+8?

* 16+16?

Quick! Pick a number between 12 and 5.

Got it?

The number you picked was 7.

Ready for another?
Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Don't advance until you've done each of them. Now, ARROW down, but not too fast, you might miss something.........

What is:

* 1+5

* 2+4

* 3+3

* 4+2

* 5+1

Now repeat saying the number 6 to yourself as fast as you can for 10 seconds. Then scroll down.

QUICK!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE! Then arrow down.

You're thinking of a carrot.

If not....
you're among the 2% of the population whose minds are warped enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer 'carrot' when given this exercise.

Enough for today, I'm off to sleep :p

Hope to see something interesting tomorrow.

Evil Austin

^ Holly shit, my vegetable was carrot and it got it. :crazy:

shit...Im scared. But yeh I would rep you for a good illusion find but too much rep spread for one day.

Vandy316

Reaction score
wow the Jesus one is messed up. and i said 7 and carrot, that is messed up.

Eddie#1

Reaction score
not many of you would probably care but with the first optical illusion with the lady spinning, to each of us it is spinning one direction, the direction it appears to spin depends on which side of your brain you think on. The right side says she spins one direction and the left side says she spins the other direction. It is all in a matter of how you think, I cannot remember though which side says she spins which direction.

seX-Power

I said 8 and then tomato for the second one. I failed, I said a fruit. :(

C4

Stare into the pattern below and repeat a positive suggestion to yourself. Let your mind drift into the pattern as you repeat your self-affirmation. The result will be a post-hypnotic suggestion to your subconscious brain.

http://mindbluff.com/hypnotic.htm

Follow the directions below to experience a striking "phantom limb" (or, perhaps we should say, phantom pencil) illusion.

lip1.gif
lip2.gif

lip3.gif
lip4.gif

Evil Austin

I tried that C4, it didn't work for me I don't get it? I put a pencil (the rubber side) in my mouth adn with my two fingers moved it from side to side? no phantom stuff?