Opinions on Wrestling Shoots.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Did you just compare the Spice Girls to Greg The Hammer Valentine? Wow I see we clearly debating with someone who is delusional.

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
I tend to like shoots. Even now, the backstage stuff can be pretty secret. It's pretty cool getting to hear about backstage attitudes and actions. It's interesting to see how guys really are. Just gotta take a look at the whole context before choosing whether to believe some guys or not. Gotta take attitudes into mind. Same goes for when wrestlers write books. Like Bret Hart's book. I believe a good amount of his stuff. But, he was still pissed at Vince and Shawn and Hunter at the time, so I'm not so sure when it comes to his stuff about them. Or in Shawn's book, it's under the WWE name. I'm sure a lot of stuff is omitted to make the WWE look better. Just gotta think of all that stuff.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Did you just compare the Spice Girls to Greg The Hammer Valentine? Wow I see we clearly debating with someone who is delusional.

Yes, it was totally a DIRECT comparison too, as in the Spice Girls and Greg are basically the same people. Idiot.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Come on guys, can't we have a normal debate without resorting to insults?

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yes, it was totally a DIRECT comparison too, as in the Spice Girls and Greg are basically the same people. Idiot.

already resorting to name calling? damn

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Do you write with such little conviction and thought that you have forgotten you called me a name first? Shock.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sooooo anyways, on to wrestling shoots, since that's the topic after all. I've recently gotten into the Timeline series, where a wrestler goes over an entire years worth of booking and incidents from WWF. So far I've seen the George Steele one and the Brutus Beefcake one as well. While I enjoyed Steele's a lot, I really didn't like Beefcake's and felt he was spending so much time trying to put himself over that he lost sight of why he was doing the shoot in the first place. He also got a lot of his facts wrong (unless multiple other sources are lying and he's the only honest guy in wrestling, doubtful) and just generally came across as an arrogant douche.

Reaction score
He also got a lot of his facts wrong (unless multiple other sources are lying and he's the only honest guy in wrestling, doubtful) and just generally came across as an arrogant douche.

The most memorable one was his wacky story on how he was scheduled to win the IC Title from Warrior on a house show before he was pulled out of the match. In reality, the original match was Rick Rude vs Brutus Beefcake, Warrior was Beefcake's sub.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The most memorable one was his wacky story on how he was scheduled to win the IC Title from Warrior on a house show before he was pulled out of the match. In reality, the original match was Rick Rude vs Brutus Beefcake, Warrior was Beefcake's sub.
I liked the one where he said Butch from the Bushwhackers had his feet removed and reattached. :lol:

Reaction score
Ah, that was BS too? The fact that I haven't heard any news about Butch since 1996 made it seem plausible. Luke at least had worked a little ROH a few years back.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ah, that was BS too? The fact that I haven't heard any news about Butch since 1996 made it seem plausible. Luke at least had worked a little ROH a few years back.
I've checked around and can't find anything else about it anywhere on the internet, save for a few quotes from the Beefcake Timeline video. It just seemed so unlikely that it took me by surprise and I couldn't help but think it was total bullshit.

Didn't Beefcake also say something about how the Barber character almost ruined him even though in reality it was what got him to his most over period in the WWF?

Jake Awesome

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Do you write with such little conviction and thought that you have forgotten you called me a name first? Shock.

Not really but believe what u want and enjoy your time at WP.

And what a shock that Beefcake a good friend of Hogans comes off as arrogant and delusional.

Reaction score
Didn't Beefcake also say something about how the Barber character almost ruined him even though in reality it was what got him to his most over period in the WWF?

I believe he said he thought it was going to kill his career. I can't say that's too off the wall of a thought though. What did surprise me was how often Brutus threw Pat Patterson under the bus. I've never seen a shoot where someone said so many bad things about Patterson.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I believe he said he thought it was going to kill his career. I can't say that's too off the wall of a thought though. What did surprise me was how often Brutus threw Pat Patterson under the bus. I've never seen a shoot where someone said so many bad things about Patterson.
Yep, maybe Beefcake's got a little of the Jay Briscoe gene in him? He also made a veiled reference to Steve Lombardi being gay and something about Danny Davis getting pushed that I thought meant he was gay and was a lover of Patterson's or something like that.