Opinion: Gunther's opponent is not a SummerSlam worthy world title match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BillyBob42

Reaction score
Im not saying you have to think it’s okay. Clearly you’re just gonna hate on this match and nothing is gonna change your mind and that’s ok. I just think you’re making a very weak argument.
I don't think I am, but whatever...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can't believe it's been around for, like, 20 years and they still havn't gone down the route of 'overtly paranoid and picky MITB holder waiting for the perfect time to cash in, except the champion is a monster hoss and he's going to get absolutely murdered if he even so much as makes eye contact with him, so he's getting more and more desperate to cash in as the MITB case gets closer to it's expiry date but there's never the perfect scenario until whoops it's the last day, now or never my guy'. Like they always say 'it's good for a year' but never really put forth any story that takes into the account of 'yeah no it's good for A YEAR tops, expiry date is a thing.' Or a 'tag team guy wins it and cashes in on the tag titles with his partner, because FRIENDSHIP.' Just... More stories than the usual can absolutely exist and some variation would go a long way to making the concept feel fresher.
They kinda did a bit of this with Theory and him realising he was never going to be able to cash in on Roman because of The Bloodline being present so he did the US Title thing and got absolutely shit on for it. Yeah I know there's other circumstances involved for that scenario but I honestly think people would meme and completely shit on anyone who wins the briefcase and doesn't use it for the world title.