Opinion: Gunther's opponent is not a SummerSlam worthy world title match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BillyBob42

Reaction score
They're both heels and there is hardly any story outside of The Judgement Day stuff, but that has nothing to do with Gunther. This is more like a match that would be on a B PPV, I predicted Rollins would win at MITB just because him vs Gunther would at least make some sense.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Please change the title of this post

We have a strict 24 hour no spoiler rule

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Fixed it.

Reactions: Bad News Booty

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Seriously? How do y'all ever talk about PPVs??
There’s a handy pay-per-view discussion thread, and Chat.

If you wanna make a specific thread, you can do so, like you just did just make sure that the word spoiler is in the title and nothing spoiler is revealed in said title.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Now, for the topic, if this is suggesting that the SummerSlam main event is going to be priest, I assume defending against Gunther? Well, then they’re not both strictly heels. Priest has been slowly transitioning into a baby face.

I honestly enjoy priest quite a bit, so I like his reign continuing and we’ll probably see the full turn completed at summerslam when Gunther beats him either because there was some kind of Judgment Day storyline involved in the finish or post SummerSlam.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Yeah if anything, Priest is a Tweener leaning face. Also Priest's entire story is the Judgement Day. It's the crux of his story arc right now. The Judgement Day continually getting in on Priest's business despite his many objections. Gunther is just the next challenge for him, and is likely the culmination of his title reign. He has continually gotten help or been the advantageous purveyor of circumstance around him (read: Drew/Seth keep getting fucked over because Punk or Judgement Day). What likely happens is Finn Balor, JD McDonagh, and Dom accidentally fuck over Priest at SummerSlam and Priest quits the Judgement Day.

Gunther also already inserted himself into the storyline multiple times, by taunting and goading Seth and Priest. He's the wild card that nobody knows what how he'll proceed. That's the story in of itself. Give it time and we'll see how this plays out. Heck, we might even get Imperium vs. The Judgement Day.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
Now, for the topic, if this is suggesting that the SummerSlam main event is going to be priest, I assume defending against Gunther? Well, then they’re not both strictly heels. Priest has been slowly transitioning into a baby face.

I honestly enjoy priest quite a bit, so I like his reign continuing and we’ll probably see the full turn completed at summerslam when Gunther beats him either because there was some kind of Judgment Day storyline involved in the finish or post SummerSlam.
Priest is still technically a heel hanging out with other heels who have no problem cheating to win, I think the crowd will probably be more into Gunther winning.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
Yeah if anything, Priest is a Tweener leaning face. Also Priest's entire story is the Judgement Day. It's the crux of his story arc right now. The Judgement Day continually getting in on Priest's business despite his many objections. Gunther is just the next challenge for him, and is likely the culmination of his title reign. He has continually gotten help or been the advantageous purveyor of circumstance around him (read: Drew/Seth keep getting fucked over because Punk or Judgement Day). What likely happens is Finn Balor, JD McDonagh, and Dom accidentally fuck over Priest at SummerSlam and Priest quits the Judgement Day.

Gunther also already inserted himself into the storyline multiple times, by taunting and goading Seth and Priest. He's the wild card that nobody knows what how he'll proceed. That's the story in of itself. Give it time and we'll see how this plays out. Heck, we might even get Imperium vs. The Judgement Day.
Not my ideal world title SummerSlam match, would rather have Drew vs Punk with the title.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Priest is still technically a heel hanging out with other heels who have no problem cheating to win, I think the crowd will probably be more into Gunther winning.
Of course the crowd would be more into Gunther winning, because pretty much everyone knows he's a big deal and people has seen outstanding stuff from him already, while Priest is, at most, a transitional Champion.

...also consider that alignments aren't what they were used to be until the 2010s (and that is a good thing) ;) ... Peeps who are still discarding any non-strict Face/Heel matches, stories and feuds within a blink of an eye are missing the bus, that drives forwards in an always evolving business.

Also Drew v Punk doesn't need the title. It's not about the title at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I responded in the same manner I was responded to

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
That being said no harm no foul play on

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
On paper it’s not the strongest WHC title match but there’s an overarching story with Priest and Balor that’s going to be told soon and that doesn’t need the belt.

JD getting in Priest’s way despite his objections will eventually cause him to lose the title and then they’re off to the races while Gunther reigns supreme