Olympic Athlete turns away from flag during anthem

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

People have the freedom to be embarrassing if they want, but, what I don't get here is, if you aren't proud of your country, why the fuck are you representing it?

She placed third, that's included on the the podium during the anthem, what in the sweaty tit did she think happens when you place top 3? It's standard procedure, not sure how she thinks this was some kind of set up.

This heaux is reaching with some of this.

Put this here as olympics are obviously part of sports, but, if it better suits another category, feel free to move.

• Love
Reactions: Doom

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6

People have the freedom to be embarrassing if they want, but, what I don't get here is, if you aren't proud of your country, why the fuck are you representing it?

She placed third, that's included on the the podium during the anthem, what in the sweaty tit did she think happens when you place top 3? It's standard procedure, not sure how she thinks this was some kind of set up.

This heaux is reaching with some of this.

Put this here as olympics are obviously part of sports, but, if it better suits another category, feel free to move.
She should be proud to represent her country and having the privilege to compete for the Olympics. I sort of wished politics is left in all sports, but unfortunately, the Olympics is perfect for Berry to speak her mind for what's going on in this country. :(

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
She should be proud to represent her country and having the privilege to compete for the Olympics. I sort of wished politics is left in all sports, but unfortunately, the Olympics is perfect for Berry to speak her mind for what's going on in this country. :(

Politics and sports should never mix, I watch sports to get away from the real world for a few hours and enjoy watching my teams play. I don't give a dick if someone wants to spit on their country, they are free to hate it, but, fuck, so tired of these things being presented on every platform, even in video games. I get it, they want to get the messages out, they want society to be aware, and , one of the best stages to do it on is one where a lot of people watch it, but, that doesn't mean they absolutely need to do it during that time frame. They have many social media platforms to do it on, like twitter, but, a large majority of people are sports fans, I am not going to stop watching sports just because people want to bring their shit to that environment, and, I am sure most sports fans feel the same way. So sick of this woke fucking shit. If you hate your country, cool, whatever, but, then don't go to the olympics representing the very place you hate. A disgrace, that one is.

Reactions: Doom

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

Just throwing this here.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I have no issue with it, and I'm glad I live in a country where you can do something like that if you feel like it.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Olympians don't represent their country....their representing themselves to show the rest of the world that they are the best in their chosen field......This ain't the military.

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

Here's an article on it.

Thanks buddy, it was a sad read.

I honestly don’t have an issue with people standing up for their rights, for what they believe in, I just feel like, these days, we can’t really use what was once escapes from the real world to just enjoy ourselves because politics needs to insert itself all over.

she is free to do what she did, absolutely, that’s what vets fought for, but, she IS representing her country, a medal for her is a medal for her country, too. If she feels so strongly about America, just not sure why she would want to represent. Then to turn the tables like it was a set up…now that’s reaching lol.

I’m not one of those people who gets upset if someone doesn’t want to stand with a hand over their heart, that would be hypocritical, just as it is with 99% of people who get mad, we all know the majority who watch at home are sitting during the anthem…just trying to grasp this story so it makes sense in my mind instead of looking like it’s just another attention whore who wanted to get famous by making a claim she was set up and wanting to compete representing the country she has a problem with.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I have no issue with it, and I'm glad I live in a country where you can do something like that if you feel like it.

Pretty much feel the same way. I see it as the ultimate form of patriotism to enact your freedom of speech in protest of a systemic issue within the government and society at large. To protest your country's actions is not to hate your country. It is to love it so much that you want to see it become a better place for all lives.

Reactions: Chris and Doom

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Thanks buddy, it was a sad read.

I honestly don’t have an issue with people standing up for their rights, for what they believe in, I just feel like, these days, we can’t really use what was once escapes from the real world to just enjoy ourselves because politics needs to insert itself all over.

she is free to do what she did, absolutely, that’s what vets fought for, but, she IS representing her country, a medal for her is a medal for her country, too. If she feels so strongly about America, just not sure why she would want to represent. Then to turn the tables like it was a set up…now that’s reaching lol.

I’m not one of those people who gets upset if someone doesn’t want to stand with a hand over their heart, that would be hypocritical, just as it is with 99% of people who get mad, we all know the majority who watch at home are sitting during the anthem…just trying to grasp this story so it makes sense in my mind instead of looking like it’s just another attention whore who wanted to get famous by making a claim she was set up and wanting to compete representing the country she has a problem with.
Well it's kind of simple if you don't look it at as her competing to represent the country, and consider that she is using what she is talented at to gain a platform to address what she perceives as issues facing society. Her qualifying for the Olympics gives her a much larger stage to express her beliefs than if she was just to go to a town hall meeting or some shit.

I do disagree with her whole "I was set up" angle though, but :shrug: Honestly, I don't give a fuck about this sport and would have been totally oblivious to who she was if not for the headlines blowing up, so it isn't worth any time or energy on my part to nitpick the situation.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Well it's kind of simple if you don't look it at as her competing to represent the country, and consider that she is using what she is talented at to gain a platform to address what she perceives as issues facing society. Her qualifying for the Olympics gives her a much larger stage to express her beliefs than if she was just to go to a town hall meeting or some shit.

I do disagree with her whole "I was set up" angle though, but :shrug: Honestly, I don't give a fuck about this sport and would have been totally oblivious to who she was if not for the headlines blowing up, so it isn't worth any time or energy on my part to nitpick the situation.

Nice answer, I like it.
She looks like Sonny Kiss (on a side note lol)

just wanted to get different views on it, always like to read how people perceive it. Not losing sleep over it, that’s for sure lol, just came across the article and wanted to see what kind of discussion can get going here.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't think this is anything new at all though tbh. You had the pic Grim posted before, also Ali was a draft dodger when he was arguably the most popular athlete in America.

It got curbed some later on in the 90s I guess but there were athletes speaking on Rodney King's beating, was around the time of MJ's "Republicans buy shoes too" line too which was politically neutral but he wouldn't have been asked the question in the first place if other athletes were taking stances.

Hell, I was watching some early 90s WCW PPV the other day and Jesse Ventura wouldn't stop talking shit about democrats the whole show :heston

Necro

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
I don't think this is anything new at all though tbh. You had the pic Grim posted before, also Ali was a draft dodger when he was arguably the most popular athlete in America.

It got curbed some later on in the 90s I guess but there were athletes speaking on Rodney King's beating, was around the time of MJ's "Republicans buy shoes too" line too which was politically neutral but he wouldn't have been asked the question in the first place if other athletes were taking stances.

Hell, I was watching some early 90s WCW PPV the other day and Jesse Ventura wouldn't stop talking shit about democrats the whole show :heston
Jesse did wear a Malcolm X hat on Starrcade 92

Reactions: Chris