Old guys to keep wrestling? Yay or Nay?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
PCO and Jericho are both better performers than Undertaker at this stage. PCO is a lunatic for taking the bumps he does but he still gets up and gets around just fine. I wouldn't mind if he stopped because I don't want him to die in the ring (or on the floor more likely) but you can't even really say he's washed like Taker.

Also very disappointed at the notion no one cares about PCO or the companies he works for. Most people who are actually fans of the sport beyond WWE are familiar with what he's been doing these last couple years.

I was mostly just joking about it bc Deezy asked why no one was talking about PCO as opposed to Undertaker, bc the simple answer is WWE is way more popular of a stage so of course Taker's going to be talked about more. And I wanted to use the Orton gif

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I was mostly just joking about it bc Deezy asked why no one was talking about PCO as opposed to Undertaker, bc the simple answer is WWE is way more popular of a stage so of course Taker's going to be talked about more. And I wanted to use the Orton gif

I feel that. I mean relative to WWE, I'd agree, no one cares. But I think you get what I'm saying.

Reactions: Chris

Sabretooth

Reaction score
PCO and Jericho are both better performers than Undertaker at this stage. PCO is a lunatic for taking the bumps he does but he still gets up and gets around just fine. I wouldn't mind if he stopped because I don't want him to die in the ring (or on the floor more likely) but you can't even really say he's washed like Taker.

Also very disappointed at the notion no one cares about PCO or the companies he works for. Most people who are actually fans of the sport beyond WWE are familiar with what he's been doing these last couple years.
Undertaker is really fine if you put him with younger guys. All his matches over the last few years were good except for the last few where he worked with older guys.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Undertaker is really fine if you put him with younger guys. All his matches over the last few years were good except for the last few where he worked with older guys.

Last matches I really loved from him were the Brock ones in 2015, Roman was solid too, but all of last year were bad. Granted to your point he was against older guys, and the Cena match was super short which was hilarious. The fuckin' Rusev match was probably his best one and that's bc it was just a showcase for Taker :lmao

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Man, I just don't see it. His last great match was either against Punk at Mania 29 or one of the matches in the series against Lesnar. He's been mediocre at best since then and downright bad in the last three international shows. It would have been cool for him to retire after losing to Reigns or after beating Cena. At this point it's just kinda hard to watch him try to go when he's clearly languishing after about five minutes. But that's just my perception. Taker can and will decide for himself when to hang it up but I'm personally past the point of wanting to watch him.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I'm a fan of the sport beyond WWE, but honestly I don't have the time to keep up with everything anymore.

WWE itself puts out like 30 hours of weekly content. I wasn't even aware PCO was still wrestling. :pull

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm a fan of the sport beyond WWE, but honestly I don't have the time to keep up with everything anymore.

WWE itself puts out like 30 hours of weekly content. I wasn't even aware PCO was still wrestling. :pull

That's pretty much my reasons too, like I know there's other good shit out there. But I'm a completionist and if I'm watching WWE I gotta watch all the programming even if it's irrelevant so with their current schedule I ain't got much time to watch anything else lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like I'm gonna devote time to AEW. All their weeklies and PPV/specials. After that I don't know.

Impact I keep trying to stay with it, but it's so hard. I never hear that many fans talk up ROH anymore.

New Japan I might do, but man they put their main shows on at 2 in the morning.

Who's gonna do a live discussion with me before the sun even comes up? :side:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like I'm gonna devote time to AEW. All their weeklies and PPV/specials. After that I don't know.

Impact I keep trying to stay with it, but it's so hard. I never hear that many fans talk up ROH anymore.

You just gonna have to get with EC and Jimmy and plan a time for all three of y'all to watch it after it airs and do a discussion then tbh

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That could maybe work.

Like I try to do Impact, but half the time no one is here for the discussion so I watch something else instead. I'm bad.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

I can't even watch all of WWE's weekly stuff. I have no desire. I watch Raw, SD and NXT each week. 205 Live and NXT UK is a case by case or highlights type deal.

I watch most of NJPW's big shows and skim through stuff I wanna see on the smaller events. You could definitely get in the mix with me and Jimmy and Chris. They have a lot of fun stuff going on.

ROH is pretty stagnant now. Unless they are having a joint show with NJPW I don't really pay attention. Impact same deal. I just can't get back into it.

AEW of course will be essential viewing once they get rolling.

I feel like I don't spend too much time each week watching wrestling either honestly. I know a lot of people who consume way more than me. In a case like PCO's, if a match gets enough hype I'll check it out. And after seeing a lot of talk about him last year I dug into his work and damn... he's a legit madman. He can go pretty damn well at his age. At the ROH/New Japan G1 Supercard at MSG he took a fucking powerbomb out of the ring to the floor and kept trucking. Dude's nuts.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
If a wrestler can still pull off a great match, I don’t care if he is 70 and his scrotum is dragging on the ground. If he can’t even keep up in a match and is botchville, time to hang them up.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I've honestly seen worse from women's matches and Shane matches that had more botches than that Taker/Goldberg match.....so what if they blew two spots......y'all have the luxury to criticize that match because they've shown you nothing but quality over their lengthy careers......Taker, not so Goldberg lol

Reactions: Swamps

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I love PCO the guy reinvented himself the guy is awesome.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
If a wrestler can still pull off a great match, I don’t care if he is 70 and his scrotum is dragging on the ground. If he can’t even keep up in a match and is botchville, time to hang them up.

Goldberg vs. Undertaker :O