Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wordlife

^great post, gotta wait almost 3-4 more months for it, but I'm lookng forward to seeing it now on e-paper... you know what im sayin. It looks like a great game, they should have a create an arena, thatd be kinda cool to go along with a create a ppv

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I for one can't wait to get this game...Its gonna be amazing and my Finisher is gonna be super sick...I am gonna crush people and become the greatest superstar ever...

even better then John Cena....wait this is not the kayfabe section lol..

anyway yeah...can't wait...

eggthief

Reaction score
im glad they stopped with the Blue "lets release a svr game every year" policy, which gave gave u 2 new features every year.

Travis40

Not trying to bash SVR, I personally love the series, but last year I heard almost EVERYONE say "I'm never buying SVR again", yet I come in this thread and everyone says "I can't wait for it to come out". Not saying that you guys said that last year, just pointing that out.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
lol I'm not one of the ones who said it...but I seen that alot to...

oh btw j/w ...don't this belong in the smackdown vs raw 2009 thread..

chessarmy

This could be the year where a Smackdown! vs RAW game isn't a disappointment. I'm looking forward to this, and I'm definitely getting this for my new Playstation 3 (fuck 360)

Nation

I just hope they fixed the controls and some of the gameplay. 2007 got it right.

This Guy

why is this not in the official Smackdown vs. Raw 09 thread in the tech zone?

xtremebadass

I'm glad John Morrison is in the game this year. Not Johnny Nitro with the Morrison name. His slow motion entrance is going to be boss.

If that stupid calender comes up in season, I am going to be pissed. Like I want to go to a damn photoshoot everyday or have a movie premier every week. Realistic my ass.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Here's some new details we've learned on WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW 2009...

*The Create a Superstar mode is much more advanced in this game as moves from outside of WWE that have never been in a wrestling game before are available such as Kevin Steen's Package piledriver, Nigel McGuinness' Tower of London and Bryan Danielson's Cattle Mutilation.

*The new Create a Finisher mode allows players to string together 10 different moves to make up their own unique fnisher. The move will still do as much damage as a regular finisher does, just look cooler.

*The WWE Superstars will now be able to use the steel stairs when making their entrance into the ring, which is a first in this 10 year series. For example, Mr. Kennedy will do his signature slapping of the stairs as he enters the ring.

*The now-vacated WWE Cruiserweight Championship will indeed be included in the game.

*The revamped tag team mode that the developers are pushing hard is said to be a huge improvement with heat meters for hot tags between partners, better double team moves and a more realistic break up of a pin attempt by partners.

*The updated confirmed roster as of this past week now includes Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, The Miz, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Kennedy, Randy Orton and The Undertaker. The game will feature over 60 WWE Superstars when everything is done.

*THQ has promised downloadable content will be available for players but no idea what exactly will be put out there. Some of the possibilities that have been discussed include storyline expansions and roster expansions, among others.

---------
Sounds pretty good, and it looks like it will be a good game. Definately buying it.Create a finisher should be good and Im glad they are adding new moves.

deff already posted all this news and more

[YT]URUkoiwep-c[/YT]

[YT]LXc-VJw8V64[/YT]

[YT]0_vxEZ7QWLg[/YT]

Kassidy

Reaction score
scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

chessarmy

^ thanks for that. This could be one of the best Smackdown! vs RAW games to date, and I think the pressure from the TNA iMPACT! game set to come out later this year finally put the Smackdown! creators to work, and it looks like they might give us a great game this year. I know I'm going to buy both Smackdown! and TNA iMPACT! so I'm happy lol

xtremebadass

For the record, the biggest reason I am getting this game is for Chris Jericho. I am sick and tired of creating him on the old versions.