• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official WWE '13 Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Thats perty lame, but I gots to have my DDP.

I think it's stupid that you have to buy the Fan Axxess for him.

All it's looking like now for me is that I'll have a few extra CAWs to download. I really don't see a reason to spend $20 extra dollars on a game whenever the only DLC that you can't download off of someone are the moves.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Part;y the main reason I'll have to get Axxes I guess. I'll be using the shit out of the diamond cutter for sure. RKO isn't the same.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah THQ usually makes shitty ones that don't show what the mode can really do.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I have to agree. every year I look for CAWs cause they always have good ones out there. I always get a Benoit CAW and he is always spot on. I got an AJ Styles one and mannn spot on. Jericho, Goldberg, I just rack up the CAWs. Yeah some of them do look bad. Like I got a Flair one and he just looks meh. But the CAWs are normally really really good.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I downloaded caws on WWE 12 and just didn't like them that much. Prefer the real thing. And meh I got money so I'll buy em like I did last year.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I mean if I had a choice between gettin the real one and a CAW... I'd get the real thing but the thing is... not all CAWs are awful.

Reaction score
Yeah I had a GREAT Scott Hall last year. I made a really good Misawa with 4 costumes including Tiger Mask 2. That was a fluke, I am rarely great at making real wrestlers. I stick to stories and making original created wrestlers.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I always make my own Misawa. I find a template and adjust it to what I think he should be.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I do the same with Misawa, I'll download one that's editable and fix it to my liking.

Reaction score
Here's a list from THQ's website of what we can expect in WWE Universe, released today.

Create a Show
Players now have the freedom to create their own shows while scheduling which day they appear on, from Monday through Saturday. In their show creation process, players will be able to choose the presentation graphics, the arena, which rosters appear on the show, and assign up to four Championships to be contested over.

Create a Pay-Per-View
In addition to custom shows, players can also create a Pay-Per-View that can be held on any Sunday. Along with choosing the presentation graphics and arena, players can choose which shows participate in the Pay-Per-View, as well as the match-type theme.

Statistics
Players can now view various championship and show statistics within their WWE Universe. Containing both historical statistics and statistics that update as your WWE Universe progresses, players can try to further one Superstar’s championship reign or try to beat it.

Storylines
Superstars will enter into feuds against each other as part of a rivalry, while competing for #1 contender rights for a championship title, and more. Take part in 200 new storyline feuds and choose which Superstars stand out in your Universe.

More Content, More Freedom
Many improvements and other additions have been made to Universe, such as more matches per show and the freedom to edit whole match cards, customizable championship rankings, and the ability to restart your Universe from the beginning.

and here's a list I put together from a 30-minute Q&A video with Cory. It was easier for me just to make a list because most people don't have time to sit and watch a 30-minute video:

How many 'Spectacular Moments' can you do per match?
Ring Collapsing, Announcer Table, Baracade are the only ones with limited use in matches.

Can you reverse Mid Air Finishers?
No because those Mid-Air Finishers are reversals.

Are Mid-Air Finishers limited to certain Superstars?
Code Breaker, RKO, Attitude Adjustment, Go-To-Sleep, Worlds Strongest Slam, Chokeslam, Tombstone and the Superkick are the only moves that can be Mid-Air Finishers.

What goes into adding a new wrestler?
100 days to create a model from scratch
- Photo Reference (going to Events to get up-close views of wrestlers)
- Style Guide
- Shaping Models
- Review Process through Yukes, WWE etc.
- Motion Capture (Entrances, Winning Scene etc.)

There is a cutoff period from when they are allowed to edit and add superstars which you can tell by attires.

Are the servers going to be improved for WWE 13?
They are still working for the WWE 12 Servers to make sure those same issue don't carry over, which they said the primary issue was the amount of people getting online at once and all the content being loaded. They do plan on removing content that isn't downloaded which should help with that.

Are Special Guest Referee matches only 1-on-1 or can you do Fatal Four Ways?
You can use a Special Referee for tag-team matches, Fatal Four Way, Hell in a Cell, Extreme Rules etc. There are 16 different match types you can use Special Referees for.

Will there be Referee Shirts in Special Guest Referee matches?
No. They didn't have the time to add one for every superstar because they wanted to dedicate that time to the player models.

Control Changes?
None.

Any changes to Comeback Moments?
They are all the same, added Sheamus, Big Show and CM Punks Comeback Moments.

Kinect Support?
No Kinect Support.

How many hours will it take to complete Attitude Era Mode?
10-14 hours for an expierenced user.

What Chants will be in WWE 13?
Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks!, Yes! Yes! Yes! and Boots to Asses are some that have been added.

Can you use multiple versions of Superstars in the same match?
We already knew this was possible because of the Achievements that were released, but yes, it's possible.