Official "Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

This September "The Ultimate Fighter" returns for it's historic 10th season called "Heavyweights." The new season will begin September 16 and the Finale will take place on December 5 LIVE on SpikeTV. Red hot rivals Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and "Sugar" Rashad Evans are the two coaches this season.

[YT]Idkn1Pn_ezQ[/YT]

UFC.com has announced the official cast. (I know we already know the cast, the list was released a couple weeks back, but this has some fun facts.)

THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: HEAVYWEIGHTS†CAST IS ANNOUNCED FEATURING NOTABLE FIGHTERS

KIMBO SLICE, FORMER IFL CHAMPION ROY NELSON, FORMER UFC CONTENDER WES SIMS AND FOUR FORMER NFL PLAYERS

Rampage Jackson And Rashad Evans To Coach The 16 Heavyweights Vying For A Six-Figure Contract With The UFC

Premieres Wednesday, September 16 at 10pm ET/PT on Spike TV

New York, NY, July 10, 2009 – In what will literally be the biggest season ever of “The Ultimate Fighter†on Spike TV, the 10th season of the groundbreaking series, premiering Wednesday, September 16 at 10:00pm, will showcase 16 of the best unsigned heavyweight mixed martial arts fighters in the world. Featuring former UFC light heavyweight champions “Suga†Rashad Evans and Quinton “Rampage†Jackson as coaches, season 10 marks the only installment to include only the heavyweight weight class (206+ lbs).

“The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights†includes a list of notable athletes with impressive and diverse pedigrees including four former NFL players, UFC veterans, a former IFL heavyweight champ, and a highly-publicized former EliteXC fighter who gained prominence through his non-sanctioned bouts on YouTube.

The cast includes:

Zak Jensen – standout wrestler at Augsburg College
Marcus Jones – former 1st round NFL draft pick who had a six-year career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Scott Junk – Division II All-American football player at Southwest Oklahoma State and fought in UFC 76.
James McSweeney – former international kickboxing and Muay Thai champion
John Madsen – defeated Brock Lesnar in a high school wrestling match
Matt Mitrione - played for New York Giants and Minnesota Vikings
Roy Nelson – former IFL Heavyweight Champion
Demico Rogers – high school football and wrestling star
Brendan Schaub – played for Buffalo Bills and Arena Football’s Utah Blaze
Darrill Schoonover – decorated Army veteran
Wes Shivers – former member of the Tennessee Titans and Atlanta Falcons
Wes Sims - fought two heated battles with former UFC champ Frank Mir at UFC 43 and UFC 46
Kimbo Slice – former EliteXC heavyweight contender and YouTube sensation
Abe Wagner – played linebacker at Michigan Tech and has a degree in mechanical engineering
Mike Wessel – UFC veteran and former strength and conditioning coach at University of Arkansas
Justin Wren – All-American high school wrestler

During the six-week taping of “The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights,†these 16 men endured a grueling regimen of jiu-jitsu, judo, Muay Thai, karate, boxing and wrestling. The intense competition among the fighters continues after they leave the gym – at the Ultimate Fighter House. These warriors must live together, knowing that any day they might be forced to fight each other in the famed UFC Octagon™.

The two finalists will square off in a live finale Saturday, December 5 on Spike TV, when the winner will be declared “The Ultimate Fighter†and net the six-figure contract and a cash prize. UFC President Dana White will once again serve as host of the series.

After each show, Spike.com users will get exclusive extended footage from each episode and an exclusive video leak of the upcoming episode.

In addition to Kimbo, the two guys that I bolded and underlined are going to be two guys to watch as well.

A high school win over Lesnar isn't much, I know, but it's interesting lol.

PeepShow

:lmao I remember Marcus Jones.

Should be really fun to watch how this unfolds. Can't believe there's already been 10 seasons. Shit.

Wrestling Station

So Kimbo causes an mma company to collapse and shutdown then goes to UFC's TUF? lol...

Just I cant stand Kimbo, after seeing that promo with him bouncing boobs in slow-mo! damn :smh

Anyway, Its good to see HWs in the TUF again. I missed that division in the TUF. So good stuff!

xtremebadass

TUF House this season must have one GIGANTIC fridge because these are all big ass dudes

Switchy

Reaction score
Now this is where it gets interesting. Imagine the concept of having to fight... for food. I kid, I kid but still it could be a pretty good idea if it was legal.

But I don't know any of these guys except Kimbo, which is weird because in the last series I knew quite a lot of the UK guys from going to MMA shows over here for like a fiver. I'm not sure if it's gonna be a bunch of overweight guys who just rely on their stand up all the time or some guys who are talented and can work on the ground as well as on their feet.

Gotta say I'm gutted James Thompson (he trains at my gym sometimes, he's the guy who got his cauliflower ear busted by Kimbo lol) didn't get in but at least one UK guy managed to get in. BTW I don't mean to sound all patriotic like I usually do for once, it's just UFC needs some talented UK guys after Michael Bisping showed us up at UFC 100.

xtremebadass

if you ask me Seth Petruzelli should have made it onto TUF, he did beat Kimbo afterall :shifty:

Switchy

Reaction score
Imagine Kimbo Vs Seth II at the finale, that would be epic.

Boy would I love to see Seth KO Kimbo again, I guess I'll just have to put up with McSweeney KO'ing him instead :p

xtremebadass

Here is Kimbo talking about his upcoming appearance on TUF:Heavyweights.

Souce: MMAScoops.com

The buzz surrounding the upcoming tenth season of the Ultimate Fighter is all about Kevin Ferguson, better known as Kimbo Slice. The 35-year-old Slice became known to the masses as a Miami street fighter whose fights were viewed by millions on the Internet. He eventually transitioned to a professional mixed martial arts career with the now defunct EliteXC fighting organization. Slice won his first three fights against suspect competition and was infamously stopped by unheralded TUF veteran Seth Petruzelli in his fourth and final fight with the promotion. After the loss, Slice eventually decided to accept the challenge of UFC President Dana White and appear on the Ultimate Fighter reality television show that helped launch the careers of Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian and a host of other top fighters.

In an interview at the Spike TV booth (posted on MMAWeekly.com) at the UFC Fan Expo this past weekend, Slice discussed his Ultimate Fighter reality television experience. When asked if the public would be surprised with Slice on the show, he answered with an emphatic “No.†Slice continued “They know what they get from me. They know how I am. They know who I am. That's why they can relate to me.†He later explained, “They know when push comes to shove or I get my back up against the wall, they know what's up with your boy. And that's why they can relate to me.â€

Slice's brawling style and notoriety figures to make this season of TUF a highly anticipated one. When asked about whether he was concerned about his image and his portrayal on the show, Slice responded saying “I can't be phony. It's who I am. You know what I'm saying? I ain't got no image. I'm me. This is what you get. With these cameras here, without the cameras here, I'm me. So I don't try to be something I'm not.â€

One of the biggest criticisms of Kimbo Slice has been with his lack of experience in all the facets of mixed martial arts. Slice acknowledged, “I need a lot of things. Know what I'm saying? So I'm still trying to get it. I'm still after it. I still got that hunger.†He later went on to describe the process of learning the arts, saying “I love it! I love picking up and learning the other parts of mixed martial arts. It's part of the territory. It's what to be expectedâ€

While UFC fans will have to wait until the September 16th season premiere to see the newest cast of the Ultimate Fighter in action, the addition of Kimbo Slice to the show is sure to bring a new level of interest and sensationalism to the already provocative show.

xtremebadass

Well it was an impressive statistic towards MMA unlike most football players on this show lol

Klide

Man im so pumped for this season. 2 of my favs LHW are coaching and KIMBO! Cant wait till Sept. but i would have to go back to school :(

xtremebadass

It's only a little more than a month away, I am sooo psyched! LOL and yea, TUF is going to be pulling me through this semester for sure

Wrestling Station

Rashad Evans was saying that Kimbo is doing great in the TUF. (During an interview during the UFC 100 event). [Just before Evans and Rampage fought each other when they were seated in the arena] lol.

xtremebadass

I wonder if Kimbo is on Rashad's team then...

btw I got TUF10 vbookie's up, go bet on them! also UFC 101 vbookie's! go now! spend your money!

J

Dude if I was the dude with a win over Lesnar in High School I'd be using that to the max haha.