Official "UFC 97: Redemption" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Trust me, Chuck will get KO'd and Leites won't last long either. D-Lo will get on there for sure.

MTG

Reaction score
So far my all time predictions are 7-3 UFC 95 and UFC 97 (just going by win loss) I'm gonna start making predictions on the main card every event.

Did anyone happen to catch the event?

Nation

No I never watched it but I just read that Liddell is retiring and apparently Silva had a really shitty fight.

MTG

Reaction score
Basically everyone is blaming Silva but it wasn't really his fault. Leites wouldn't exchange with Silva and wouldn't attempt take downs either. Basically Silva would throw a strike and leites would drop to the ground. The crowd was chanting GSP the whole time throughout the fight.

I didn't catch the Kongo fight but I heard he was fucking impressive as well as Luiz Cane.

xtremebadass

I couldn't catch the event sorry guys, I had a very hectic day yesterday and hit the sack. From your opinions, apparently it wasn't a highlight reel fight with Silva. It went all 5 rounds? First time for Silva. He must not have been happy with that performance. Chuck Liddell announced retirement?

MTG

Reaction score
Not really announced but implied. After the fight Rogan was thanking Chuck for all he has done and there's some videos on UFC.com showing chuck and he seems really emotional. I think its safe to assume he's done.

J

I couldn't catch the event sorry guys, I had a very hectic day yesterday and hit the sack. From your opinions, apparently it wasn't a highlight reel fight with Silva. It went all 5 rounds? First time for Silva. He must not have been happy with that performance. Chuck Liddell announced retirement?

God that fight pissed me off soooo much. Wasen't really Silvan's fault he wanted the fight to be standing up so ever time he as much as bumped Leites, Leites would fall to the ground into a defensive pisition so the ref would stand him back up. He did it a good 5-6 times a round. It got sooo ridiculious.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
yea but i blame silva to because hes was to chicken to go on the ground..i think this guy is over rated, really just cares about hes reputation..he didnt fight like a true champ! also shocked and sad that lidell lost..i think hes done..i definitly see why dana white should be mad with the whole ppv