Official "UFC 97: Redemption" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

[YT]7v03QI37Dr4[/YT]

FIGHT CARD:

MAIN EVENT
UFC World Middleweight Championship

Anderson Silva (23-4-0) defends against Thales Leites (14-1-0)

Co-MAIN EVENT
Chuck Liddell (21-5-0) Vs. Mauricio Rua (17-3-0)

Krzysztof Soszynski (17-9-1) Vs. Brian Stann (6-1-0)

Cheick Kongo (23-4-1) Vs. Antoni Hardonk (8-4-0)

Steve Cantwell (7-1-0) Vs. Luiz Cane (10-1-1)

Denis Kang (31-11-1) Vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokam (0-0-0)

Jason MacDonald (22-11-0) Vs. Nate Quarry (16-3-0)

David Loiseau (15-5-0) Vs. Ed Herman (16-6-0)

Mark Bocek (6-2-0) Vs. David Bielkheden (13-6-0)

Ryo Chonan (15-9-0) Vs. TJ Grant (0-0-0)

Sam Stout (14-5-1) Vs. Matt Wiman (10-4-0)

xtremebadass

Yea dude Rua is going to plow through Liddell. I am also impressed with this card, look at the big names...Houston, Congo, Quarry, MacDonald, and they even wormed Krzysztof from TUF in there too. Good to see him in the Octogon.

MTG

Reaction score
Man crazy event in my hometown, couldn't get tickets unfortunately.
But honestly i see Liddell winning if shogun shows up how he did to his fight against coleman. A few awesome fights on the card pretty excited for Cantwell vs Cane and Hardonk vs Kongo.
Everyone look out for David L'oiseau, check out his elbows and flying kicks and shit, he's the man.

xtremebadass

Even with Shogun's last fight behind him, I still think he can take Chuck. Chuck just doesn't have what it takes in the octogon anymore, it's like a downward spiral with this guy. However, all he needs is one stiff shot and he could pull the upset and knock Shogun out. That would be a career turnaround for Liddell to say the least.

Reaction score
Chuck is the most OVERRATED MMA fighter ever... Seriously...

And this card is stacked as can be... Im hyped for this... Hope it delivers as good as Rampage/Jardine card...

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
It's gonna be a nice event.. Liddell, Herman & Kang are back! I hope this time it's for good. The main event is very clear.. Anderson will deffend easily, his skills are on another level and Leites isn't the fighter who is gonna do the imposible.. Marquardt, Bisping & Maia are with the real chances at this point. Cheik Kongo vs Hardonk is another interesting match that will affect the standings in the Heavyweight division.. i think Kongo will win via TKO. The Polish Experiment is in the MAIN card.. damn.. after his TUF season i hope he does well in the UFC. UFC 98 will blow this away with Rashad vs machida as the main event.. but there sure are a lot of good matches here.

Wrestling Station

im actually shocked that Anderson Silva had more fights (+1) in his career than Liddel? :shocking: (younger with more fights in his hands) interesting.

RAMPAGE

Reaction score
^ There are a lot of young guys that have big amount of matches.. for example look at Nate "The Great" Marquardt. He is 29.. younger than Anderson & Liddell and his record is 28-8-2.... 38 pro fights damn! Silva is 33 and Liddell is 39 ;) Miguel Torres is 28 years old.. and his record is 35-1 :) 36 professional fights..

xtremebadass

Heath Herring is another guy his record is 28-14-0. He is only 31 and that's a hell of alot of fights for his age.

Wordlife

^yeah.. I see Rua murdering Liddell... I hate Liddell so much... and Silvia will win too

xtremebadass

If Liddell loses this match I give him one more match tops before either he retires himself, which I don't see happening, or Dana axes him. Man that would be a bitch move.

MTG

Reaction score
MTG's predictions for UFC 97

Anderson Silva vs. Thales Leites:

Although I'm taking silva to win I'm not doubting leites as much as most people are. In my opinion, this will be one of Silva's toughest tests to date. Thales has won 5 in a row since his first loss ever. Leites does have the advantage on the ground though and he has amazing BJJ. The only problem is i doubt he'll be able to take silva down.
Anderson Silva TKO 2nd round

Chuck Liddell vs Shogun Rua:
This is one of the toughest fights to predict. Both are coming off bad performances. Liddell got KO'ed by Rashad back in September and Shogun looked awful in his fight against Coleman. Honestly this fight depends on shoguns gas tank. If he shows up like his old self expect him to easily dispose of Liddell. I'm taking Liddell to win though because I'm almost sure Shogun will gas out. Look for him to try to take Liddell to the ground throughout the fight. Liddell has amazing take down defense which will tire Shogun out.
Chuck Liddell TKO 3rd round

Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Brian Stann:
Haven't really seen much of Brian Stann but he was a former WEC LHW champion so he must be pretty good. His only loss comes to Steve Cantwell. Look for Krzystof to take this to the ground and use his superior GNP on Stann.
Krzysztof Soszynski Submission(Kimura) 2nd round

Cheick Kongo vs. Antoni Hardonk:
This should be a good HW match and should be really enjoyable if you like to see people stand and exchange blows. Hardonk has very good Kickboxing and Kongo has pretty good Muay Thai.
Cheick Kongo KO 1st round

Steve Cantwell vs. Luiz Cane:
Both these guys are great fighters both coming off winning streaks. Cantwells debut was at UFN fight for the troops where he broke Razak Al-Hassans arm. Cane has won 2 in a row his latest sent Soukoujou packing. Both of these guys are looking to prove that they're for real. I think this one's going to a decision. But Cane will take it just cause he has the size advantage.
Luiz Cane Unanimous Decision

xtremebadass

I see Chuck falling in the first, if not then early second. I don't think he'll be able to go toe to toe with Shogun.

J

I been a little behind on UFC cuase a few reason but just read the card and relized one of my favorite fighters is in it. THE CROW! Fuck yes I been waitin to see David Loiseau fight. I'm just hoping the first few fights are quick Ko's so they show his fight.