Official "UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008" Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

3 super cards for this one.
As we already know that there are 3 big bouts for this PPV.
Jackson vs Silva
Mir vs Nog
Griffin vs Evans

But im actually surprised that they made the two captains of the TUF Season8 (Mir and Noguiera) are not main eventing the upcoming PPV.

Griffin/ Evans are maineventing just because there is a title on the line. But imo, Jackson/Silva and Mir/Nog are bigger names than Griffin/Evans, so any match would have been the mainevent rather than Griffin/Evans' match but they were lucky they had a title match for this to headline the PPV instead.

Dont you guys see it kinda frustrating that the TUF captains are not maineventing the PPV? I find it kinda odd, and they could have saved that huge match for another PPV instead. I find that they already wasted 3 huge matches (Mainevent caliber) in one PPV.

Thoughts?

Beer

Going to love Jackson vs. Silva. New to MMA, and I have been watching them participate in other bouts, it is going to be greatness.

MTG

Reaction score
Mir/Nog is for the interim title WS.

And I'm happy that rashad/forest is ME'ing. It makes sense they have two young stars competing for the title in the UFCs most talented division.

xtremebadass

This sure is going to be one hell of a show. Usually UFC has one huge main event that headlines and a co main event that is somewhat interesting, but this PPV will have 3 matches that can headline PPV on their own. These three fights are going to be amazing.

Rashad vs. Forrest -
1) It's a title match
2) Forrest's first defense
3) Rashad hot off his victory over Iceman
4) This match has the Ultimate Fighter written all over it

Rampage vs. Wanderlei Silva
1) Do your research of PRIDE
2) Rampage's first match since getting defeated by Forrest
3) Rare opportunity to see Wanderlei fight again

Mir vs. Noguiera
1) Well, most importantly, winner fights Brock Lesnar, what more is there to say?

Wordlife

hopefully Noguiera wins so he can fight lesnar and LOSE!

Plus Rampage is coming back which is kick ass

xtremebadass

Here is the trailer for UFC 92.

[yt]ss6fHjZn8w0[/yt]

Pretty damn awesome.

Wordlife

yeah mike that shit is gonna be good, maybe not as good as 91, but still good

Wrestling Station

Mir/Nog is for the interim title WS.

And I'm happy that rashad/forest is ME'ing. It makes sense they have two young stars competing for the title in the UFCs most talented division.
ooops yes I just forgot for an instant while typing that post.

But still its just strange to see the TUF captains not MEing the upcoming PPV. Correct me if im wrong, but it never happend before to my knowledge.

xtremebadass

If Nog wins, Lesnar loses

That might be the case. I think Nog would fare better than Couture against Lesnar just for the size difference. Although if Couture would have fought Nog, I think Couture still would have won. I hope Mir wins because I love rematches...especially when Brock is involved.

xtremebadass

tbh, Gonzaga could probably destroy Mir. Mir only got this shot because he beat Brock basically. I actually want to see Lesnar/Tim Sylvia, that would be pretty nuts, but I am not a fan of Sylvia though

Wrestling Station

tbh, Gonzaga could probably destroy Mir. Mir only got this shot because he beat Brock basically. I actually want to see Lesnar/Tim Sylvia, that would be pretty nuts, but I am not a fan of Sylvia though
Sylvia is a no match to Lesnar.
He is just a tall dude with no talent whatsoever.

Gonzaga is a bigger threat to Lesnar than Mir or even Nog.

Also, when was MS into MMA? :play_ball:

xtremebadass

I don't know dude, but I'll take it, we need more MMA fans here

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Sylvia is a no match to Lesnar.
He is just a tall dude with no talent whatsoever.

Gonzaga is a bigger threat to Lesnar than Mir or even Nog.

Also, when was MS into MMA? :play_ball:

Pretty much jumped on the Brock bandwagon and got into it a bit.