Official TWC Avatar Contribution Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Undertaker vs Batista could go 25-30 minutes but it depends if Batista could go that long

Ashley vs Melina 3 mins
Beniot vs MVP 12 mins
kHALI VS kane 8 mins
New Breed vs ECW 10 mins
Lashley Umaga 14 mins
MITB 30 mins
Taker Batista 18 mins
HBK Cena 35 mins

that is like 3 hours and 49 minutes so that could work.

Darlo007

Reaction score
As long as they fill it up with some really good wrestling im happy!!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
In an article on Si.com, Dave Batista claims that he and the Undertaker will be stealing the show like Ricky Steamboat and Randy Savage did back in 1987. "We're going to give them a match they're going to remember. I guarantee it. We're going to tear the house down." Batista and Undertaker were mad they weren't in the main event (John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels will be the main event).

Darlo007

Reaction score
I wudve rathered Taker n Batista be in the main event!
Thats a bit anoying!
Oh well!

Mel

Finished watching WM23

Well, WM23 is over. I would say that it was ok. It could have been a lot better. The attendance was huge! It was the 2nd most in history at over 80,000 people. They set a Ford Field record. Record breaking crowd but not "record breaking performance". What shocked me was when Cena made Michaels tap out. HBK carried Cena the whole match. I think the Hair vs Hair match was exciting - how shane got involved and Stone Cold gave Umaga and even Donald Trump the stunner.

I think MVP stepped his game up at WM23. On the biggest stage of all -he pulled out some technical moves and counters against Benoit - but Benoit still won of coarse.

The ECW match was a pure disapponitment. This was the first time ECW appeared at a WM and they blew it. This should have been UNDER EXTREME RULES!!!! C'mon - this is ECW! This was the time for Sabu, Sandman, and others to shine! No tables, no ladders, no chairs, no sticks, no bobwire, no nothing! I don't know what Vince was thinking.

Women's Championship and Kane/Khali match was a waste of time.

The Batista/Undertaker match did not steal the whole show - but it was ok -

There were a lot of injuries in the ladder match - I can tell that Edge and Jeff Hardy (especially Edge) was hurt pretty bad - When Hardy landed on Egde the Ladder just bent in half!

I will have a chance to see it again because I recorded it. I could not review it like I wanted because of the people in my house - it was like a big party over here! (we treat WM like the Superbowl every year. he he he

I was just giving you all my take on it - I feel that Wrestlemania 23 was OK - nothing really spectacular.

Montana

Montana's Wrestlemania Review​

Alright, well i went downtown early in the afternoon, and the whole city was buzzing. I went to detroits famous Hockeytown Cafe for some beers and dinner, while we watched WM 22 (most of it)

THen went down to stand in line to get into the building. This line was INsane, probably about a mile long in different directions. Finally we got in the building about 5. Grabbed our seats About 18 rows back total. Facing the camera, but to the right, perhaps 8 seats off the regular view. So you probably couldnt see me much

Before the show started Cena Sucks and Whooo's filled the arena. As several fans were mad flair wasn't on the card. The crowd was a classic crowd for sure. The show was a true melting pot, with peole from ALL over. THe set look really cheap before the show started, idk what they did, but everything turned into cameras. The stars on the side of the ramps were curtains.

The Fans were pretty pumped for the show, and with the MITB going first it caught everyone interest. The crowd was pretty split, but surprising King Booker was gettin mad cheers. I know most said the crowd was dead, although it could have been the audio they used. Most the time they'll throw microphone over the crowd, and didnt do that last night. Kennedy winning was cool, i loved the senton (my nights highlight) Hardy killing edge = not cool, but sweet looking. 8.5/10

Kane vs Khali....Damn Khali, at least it was short. 2/10

Benito vs MVP Surprised it ended wit a headbutt. Good Solid match. 8/10

Taker vs Batista. The place was going wild. Batista upped his game 8.5/10

ECW vs NB BORING....3.5/10

BITB I thought this match was about as good as it could have been. The two dives over the top. The Shane O mack returned, who was getting mad cheers. Good match + Ending 8/10

WOmens Short n Sweet 4/10 ( for being fast)

Cena vs HBK I wanted Cena to win with a FU off the top, not hbk tap out. STFU is lame and im somewhat of a cena fan. 8/10

====================================================
Overall 7/10

It didnt give me that Oh man god, wow what a great show feeling, like most the others in attendence. I thought the show was WAY too predictable. Sure mania's are predictable, but this one they needed the surprises and shocker and didnt pull ANY out. The card was weak. We all know that, and the WWE just let it be that. The wrestlers delivered, in their time slots but nothing amazing. I would have like to seen the 2 main events go 3-5 more minutes with a couple more finishers, to give it that, idk when its goin to end feel.

Positives:

Kenton Bomb
Shane O Mack
Taker Winning
BOTB didnt Flop

Negatives

Predictable / no returns
Bad Card
The crowd
Nothing Spectular

The crowd was MUCH more into it at the ROH show too. That completely distroyed mania in my eyes, adn stole the show. Their worst match, was manias best. They had all aspects of a good wrestling show, where as WWE is now merely entertainment. Perhaps the true wrestling fans couldnt get the 750 dollors seats. For Grossing 5 million Plus, i thought they would pull somehting great out of their ass. Something to shock me, impress me. But they did nothing. Much like Monkey said there was a chance of doing because it was the least path of resistance. I dont feel i got my 250$s worth, but oh well. I had a blast this weekend, and its too bad WM can't be here everyear. THe town was awesome and it was a lot of fun to see wreslting get the spotlight.

3lions

Reaction score
::: 3lions Wrestlemania 23 Review :::

Money In The Bank
I don't know about anyone else, but I was dissappointed in this match. Don't get me wrong, it was a good match, but it was nowhere near as good as the previous two. Apart from the sick looking dive Jeff took off the ladder onto Edge (which looked to legit hurt both guys, especially Edge) and the Kenton, the match had very few 'spots' and guys were randomly laid out at ringside. I expected Kennedy to win, but found myself cheering for Punk towards the end. I also expected more confrontation between the Hardyz and also Edge/Orton. But there was none. Dissappointment, imo.

Rating: 7/10

Kane vs Khali
I had low expectations for this match so wasn't dissappointed. The only thing which surprised me was the way Khali pinned Kane, seemed to be very disrespectful to Kane (although it helped show Khali's dominance).

Rating: 5/10

United States Championship
Benoit vs MVP

I thought this was a good match and MVP upped his game a gear or two. I liked how MVP dominated the match and he added a few new moves and reversals to his arsenal. I was surprised to see Benoit win (especially with a diving headbutt), but expect MVP to win the title within the next month.

World Championship
Batista vs Undertaker

The main thing which stood out for me in this match, was the amount of effort Batista put in. He seemed to have more of a spring in his step and pulled out all the stops. I liked the spot where he powerslammed Undertaker through the announce table. I was surprised to see the match take place so early in the show, but I guess it makes sence to have a large period of time between the two ME's. Lots of back and fourth action in this match and at one point I actually thought Batista was going to win. Good to see Undertaker win the title. New era on SD!

Rating: 7.5/10

ECW Originals vs New Breed

This match was a huge dissappointment and I was very surprised to see the Originals pick up the win. I guess this stoyline will continue. The crowd weren't into this match at all, and neither was I, tbh. Everyone except RVD and Burke looked out of place on a card such as WM.

Rating: 4/10

Battle Of The Billionaires

I was actually really into this. The match itself wasn't great, but with the addition of Austin and all the interference, etc., the match/segment delivered. It was good to Shane O'Mac back too. One more thing, how old did Vince look bald? Damn. Also, Trump can't sell for shit.

Women's Title
Melina vs Ashley

What a waste. Obviously Ashley was booked in this match because of the Playboy connection, but damn, she can't wrestle for shit. Melina vs Mickie James should have been booked for Mania. The match was so sloppy its unbelievable.

Rating: 4/10

WWE Title
Cena vs HBK

I was really into this match. MOTN, imo. Was good to see HBK playing the heel role, even though the fans were against Cena. I love seeing HBK as a heel and his working over of Cena's leg was very god, although it didn't effect Cena at all ... as for the finish, I have no problem with Cena winning at all. He is the future of the WWE and I fully expected HBK to put him over. However, why does WWE insist of having its main stars tap out to the STFU? Yes, the STF is a very effective move, but Cena is not a technical wrestler. I think most people would accept an FU out of nowhere and the 1-2-3 than a tap out victory for Cena.

Rating: 8/10

Over-all

Mania was a good event, with a few good and well booked matches on the show. However, Mania is about delivering a 'good' show, this is the biggest event of the year and should be stacked with great matches which will deliver great matches all night long (with one or two exeptions maybe). The card was very predictable and some of the matches were throw away.

Over-all rating: 7/10

03mnm

Reaction score
The crowd never bothers me. If they are dead for the show, they are dead for it, I really don't care, I look at the matches in general, and all of them were good, and the crowd was into the Taker/Batista, MITB, BOTB, and Cena/Michaels. But hey, all the matches were awsome, and Batista did step up his game a whole lot. Now if only Batista could do what he did at Mania on a weekly basis, then maybe alll the bashing about his wrestling ability sucking would stop. I still hate Cena, but this is the second guy Cena has been able to have an excellent one on one match against, with the other being Edge. Lashley/Umaga was a bit dissapointing to me, but it was far from horrible, although Umaga can do well on a show, and Lashley has proven he can do very well as well, but they didn't show it last night though.

This is the first time since WMXX that I wasn't left with a sour taste in my mouth by Mania. It was an amazing event. Too bad I didn't have school today, because I would of been in such a good mood with the way Mania went.

xtremebadass

Total UnderDog WrestleMania, I thought it would suck, but that wasn't half bad, plus Kennedy won MITB, it's awesome

Montana

If they would have scraped the womens, ECW, and Kane vs Khali

and switched it with:

Rvd vs CM PUnk, Kane vs Booker Last man standing, and Carlito vs Nitro Street Fight.

Also add Shelton and Super Crazy to MITB

It could have been one of the best mania's of all time. It was really the low matches bringing down the ppv, in my opinion. Despite being very short.

3lions

Reaction score
Those are great suggestions for possible matches. It was clear as day that the undercard for Mania was severely lacking and it affected the outlook of the event dramatically. However, if those matches were booked (especially RVD/Punk), the undercard would have changed drastically, for the good. They could have even kept a Women's match on the card (event finished twenty minutes early), with Mickie James defending against Jillian Hall (both decent/good Women's wrestlers).

jonnygrooveuk

Reaction score
was a great ppv overall, i didnt like the fact undertaker v batista was before ecw match and the lumberjil match!
also cena selling out the leg injury

Reaction score
Well I had to download Wrestlemania, and since some of those links didnt work for me, I waited a good 3 days to see this ... shit.

Money in the Bank.
This match really didnt deliver like the last two. Had it's few good spots in the match, which I enjoyed (namely the RKO and Book End off the ladders, the Jeff/Edge spill) but it didnt have enough to impress me. Nothing seemed to flow, and I was rather annoyed to see Kennedy win. Upon seeing Edge leave, Orton was my guy to win, but for some odd reason they stuck the case with Kennedy.

7/10.

Kane V Khali.
No one expected anything from this match, and Im on that boat. This match was more of a good laugh than anything. I was a little annoyed from the MITB, and this match raised my happiness just a little, so for that...

1/10

Benoit V MVP
I was shocked, as was everyone else at this outcome, especially winning with the Diving Headbutt. what's up with that!? Anyway, this match was pretty average, but imo nothing special for MVP nor Benoit. Both men couldve put on a much better match, but it was nice to see a new arsenal for MVP. Should be taking that title soon off Benoit, so he can jump to RAW.

6.5/10

Batista V Taker
I dont know why people are saying Batista really stepped his game up. I honestly didnt notice anything special in his game tonight. The match however was prolly my fave of the night, they booked this match almost perfectly. Taker winning really did wonders, but the way these guys fought was brilliant. It wasnt a "Cena being someone he isnt and making someone tap" match, it was pure power and brute force. Two of the biggest names in the WWE today putting on a great match, which the crowd seemed to be behind rather strongly. No idea as to why this match was mid-card, let alone before Cena/HBK.

9/10. Interesting fact: I managed to whip a sandwhich together during Takers entrance :)

Originals V New Breed.
I knew this match would suck. No stip, no match. CM54 said a hardcore rules wouldve worked, and I agree. I also think that a simple elimination type style wouldve worked wonders! This match was way too quick, shit and boring. no crowd enjoyment made it worse.

2/10.

BOtB.
This match was way over hyped. Good to see a little bit of nice action between the two competitors at the start, but the only reason this match was good, and someone else mentioned this, was because of SCSA and Shane. They saved this match!

5/10.

Melina V Ashley.
Lumberjills did what? This match I REALLY loved, only because Ashley didnt win. I was so sure she would, I got furious throughout the match each time she tried to wrestle. Seeing her lose brough a smile to my face ... this was quickly wiped off after Ashleys pathetic sportswomanship, and that bloody "brawl" afterwards. Btw, did any ladies get stabbed by any of the MANY high heel shoes?

1/10.

Cena V HBK.
Match of the night? No. This match was cool, though Im pissed they made HBK look like god. The build up before and during the match was unbelievable, but the fact they made HBK this super-god at WM pissed me off, considering Cena won, with the STFU. Oh, and on the topic of Cena ... usually when you "hurt" your knee so bad you cant stand one moment, doesnt mean you can stand for the rest of the match. This match wouldve been much better if Cena had just pinned HBK, or better yet if HBK won. HBK made this match what it was, Cena just chipped in. JR really annoyed me here too, in making HBK look like a god. Honestly, the words JR used throughout this match made me more and more frustrated, because in turn it was only putting Cena over to a more unbeatable status.

Cena
^
^
^
^
^
Chuck Norris
^
God
^
Jackie Chan

Make sense?

7/10.

Overall this Mania sucked fat ass. I was really, and still am, disappointed I avoided any possible results/information on this for 3 days til my download waited. IF Id known it would be this bad, I wouldnt have waited one fucking moment!

By the way, it's apparent Cena cant wrestle OR drive now!

slimshady7

Reaction score
I knew the Undertaker would win. Is he going to stop now or not?

Nikki

Wrestlemania 23- was a totally waste, spending $50 dollars. That wasn't even a good Wrestlemania. It was boring, it wasn't even good matches.