*Official TNA Slammiversary PPV Discussion*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

i sure hope this isn't Kurt vs. Joe at BFG. I would accept it if Joe had his old gimmick, because his new gimmick just sucks ass. If Joe won the belt, then turned heel to fight AJ for the belt at BFG, I would not have a problem with that AT ALL.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It could be that Angle made an agreement with Joe to help him out and then he gets 1st dibs on a title match. It could be that it's only Angle and Joe that's an alliance. Angle didn't like how Sting is in control of the Mafia, so he's maing hs own group, or he could very well be in the Nation of Violence, Angle/Joe.

Anybody notice how when they were a whole (the FrontLine) they couldn't take out the Mafia. But Joe did it by his self in what 3 weeks? Makes perfect since.

It could also be that Joe's advisor along with Joe made a deal, and thought it would be better/money to be with the Mafia rather than against them.

The possibilies are endless. It's all how TNA goes along with it. But to say it's (insert typical TNA basher bashing here) is dumb without thinking it out.

James Deuce

Reaction score
Edit: Funny how when the whole Orton taking out the McMahon family thing was going on, people were all gased up about which McMahon would join Legacy ( after all of them where punted and taken out) and got disapointed that none of them joined, but find that what happened here was Blue, stupid, swerve just to do one... typical TNA bashers.

I was thinking that but didn't wanna say it cause they would have said something like stop trying to compare them to WWE and blah blah blah.

But yes Bonez that is a great point. Like I said they will bash TNA for anything they do even if its something similar to what they wanted WWE to do a few months back.

Not really, TNA do this stuff ALL the time. WWE don't do it often. That is the problem with WWE, there is no real "swerve" factor. With TNA though, like I said, they do this stuff all the time and it really really gets old. I'm sure if they didn't do this stuff often, people would enjoy it. But like I said in an earlier post, TNA just seems to think up things that will "shock" the fans, followed by a halfass explanation that seems put together by a 12 year old.

chessarmy

TNA Slammiversary was the best PPV of 2009 by either TNA or WWE, plain and simple.

X-Division KOTM: **** 1/4

Daniels vs Shane Douglas: **

Angelina Love vs Tara: ** 1/2

Abyss and Taylor Wilde vs Daffney and Raven: *** 3/4

Matt Morgan vs Sting: ** 3/4

Team 3D vs Beer Money: ***

World Title KOTM: ****

Now the Samoa Joe swerve. Everyone (including me) were talking about how Joe is acting so heelish with his new gimmick. When he came out, fans were booing him, he just wasn't getting over as a babyface. Part of it was his "Nation of Violence" gimmick and the other part was he was just getting stale as a face. So instead of TNA waiting for the fans to fully turn on him, they set up a mega swerve that caught everyone off guard. Does it make sense? Right now, no, but thats the entire point. You have no choice but to tune into iMPACT! to see why Joe turned on AJ and whether or not he's really joining the Mafia. Not only that, but look at all the questions that are left unanswered right now. Is Joe in the Mafia? Is Kurt Angle Samoa Joe's advisor? Will AJ Styles form his own group and get revenge? Could we be seeing a Joe vs AJ feud? What does Jeff Jarrett have to say about this?

This PPV gets a 9.0 from me, every match was either good-great, and the overall quality of the show was better than anything I've seen from TNA in a while. I can't wait to see where they go from here

Moonlight Drive

TNS is an aboslutely undefendable joke after that swerve. Not only have the MEM killed the credibility of almost everyone in the company, one of the few guys who actually still had a shred of face credibility joins them, despite all the shit they've done to him and his buddies?
Hell for all we know Joe and Angle might turn on the Mafia on Thursday
That would be even stupider.

Anybody notice how when they were a whole (the FrontLine) they couldn't take out the Mafia. But Joe did it by his self in what 3 weeks? Makes perfect since.
Do you know how weak that makes AJ Styles and whoever else was a part of that group look? Make no sense at all.

Edit: Funny how when the whole Orton taking out the McMahon family thing was going on, people were all gased up about which McMahon would join Legacy ( after all of them where punted and taken out) and got disapointed that none of them joined, but find that what happened here was Blue, stupid, swerve just to do one... typical TNA bashers.
I don't remember this, and what relevance does it have here anyway?

:nonono: @ TNA

Double J

Reaction score
My predictions is Taz shows up as Joe's mentor as part of the MEM. Or maybe even Bobby Lashley.

I went back and watched some of Joe's recent interviews and he plays his words very well. Especially his interview at the PPV where he said "Tonight, Angle, it all goes back to where it started, to you.....And then 'we' will be the strongest force ever." Or something along those lines.

xtremebadass

I laughed soooooo hard at Angle's Randy Couture look.

me too dude. He looked so damn old! If he's trying to shoot for his WWF look, it's not going to work. He is not that jacked anymore and he is like in his late 30's, maybe 40 idk. Plus, the beard isn't doing anything for him either.

PeepShow

5k1pn4.jpg

:lmao

Airfixx

^^^Damn! I didn't even recognize him!!!

Pricelss Blaze said:
Bonez that is a great point. Like I said they will bash TNA for anything they do even if its something similar to what they wanted WWE to do a few months back.

That's not the same thing at all.... If peeps were thinking Vince or Shane were joining Legacy dispite the attacks THEY were the dumb one's, not the bookers. Steph was the only plausible heel-turn swerve in that scenario because the attacks on her could have been staged to bait the Mac's & HHH.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
That's not the same thing at all.... If peeps were thinking Vince or Shane were joining Legacy dispite the attacks THEY were the dumb one's, not the bookers. Steph was the only plausible heel-turn swerve in that scenario because the attacks on her could have been staged to bait the Mac's & HHH.

But still some of the people who hate this wanted that. As we done pointed out its the typical TNA bashers. Bash them for anything and everything they do. Let the crap play out first. They been many times I hated something at first then started to like it as it played out.

Airfixx

^^^Expecting something to happen (see Vince/Shane heel turn example) is a notably different thing to wanting it to happen. Just cos those you are knocking expected it to happen it in no way says that they condone it taking place.

So, no, dissing what TNA DID do is not the same as predicting that WWE MIGHT (but didn't) do something just as dumb.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
^^^Expecting something to happen (see Vince/Shane heel turn example) is a notably different thing to wanting it to happen. Just cos those you are knocking expected it to happen it in no way says that they condone it taking place.

So, no, dissing what TNA DID do is not the same as predicting that WWE MIGHT (but didn't) do something just as dumb.

I remember people wanting it to happen. So yes its them being haters I understand they wanna bash TNA then ok w/e. They will bash and bash until the cows come home but once they say something about WWE they wanna be little fighters and fight for them. Yes TNA has done alot of dumb things but I don't think this will be one of them. I'll judge later as should you.

Airfixx

If you're slowly gonna whittle down the target of the what was initially a sweeping generalisation to, as it realistically seems, maybe 1 or 2 of the above posters you may as well back your claims up with proof (they miraculously become FACT that way. :y: ).

Personaly, I have yet to judge the storyline until I see a follow up too, but TNA has a track record of poorly explaining these kinda things.

Reaction score
^ So did WCW in their later days, remember Flair being buried alive and just coming back later somehow... we'll never know how because Russo has not had a good idea since he was forced to push young guys in TNA as S.E.X. but even that seemed lame and dated.