*Official TNA Final Resolution Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

^ TNA should be more worried about competing with this week's Raw.

This Guy

They only dropped the World Champion part on the web site. The TNA Mobile which was the main plug for who it would be never got anything different. Most fans never saw the change. No doubt the reason for the change was because they couldn't get who they actually wanted.

Bottom line is the ppv blew giant chunks.

KyleFitta

Reaction score
Final Resloution 2008 Review please comment ty

Final Resloution 2008 Review please comment ty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey its me again y2jericho22 to do my ppv review. I had it done last night but the page shited on me and i lost everything

THIS PPV doesnt deserve me getting any pictures so lets get to the review

1st match “FEAST OR FIRED†this match opened the show and it was a good opener to start with when this match first started all I could say was cluster fuck. But then the match picked up and they did some invaded spots. Mostly spots we’ve seen before but they were still entertaining to watch. They did do a great spot with shelly with the ace cutter off the top which was a mark out moment for me the end of the match was really booked well I thought and enjoyed this match enough to get me into this ppv (** ½)

2nd match The Beautiful People & Sharmel vs. ODB, Taylor Wilde & Roxxi typicall lady’s match at best with nothing really sticking out in this match really just was there and felt like that. I hated the fact that Cute Kip what a fucking stupid name any way got involved so much and really dragged this match down and a stupid finish that made Love look very weak and Wilde really super. No matter how many wins Wilde gets she still cant get over will TNA ever learn I think not (* ½)(first bad finish)

3rd match Christy Herby vs. champion Awesome Kong w/ Raisha Saeed it was ok for the 6 minutes they gave it then a horrible booked ending which reminded me of Henry vs. Hardy ending where they make a monster heel look very weak by not a really strong finisher like come on how bad does that move really hurt it would hurt me more doing it then my worker would affect him especially if he was as big as Kong (*1/2)(2nd bad finish)

4th match Eric Young vs. champion Sheik Abdul Bashir good solid work by these two I didn’t think they could put a good effort in like this I really enjoy the work rate in this match by these two the near falls really got me into the match and added some great drama there wasn’t really a story in the ring but they hit some nice invaded spots till the stupid ref situation what really hurt this match from being a solid *** to a (** ½) because the end was very stupid and confusing to vacant the title when the ref cheated I don’t understand least both of them wont have the title.(3rd bad finish they are on a role)

5th match Abyss & "The Blueprint†vs. champions Beer Money, Inc this match started off very stupid and wasted quite a while time off this match with the goofy booking by TNA and making storm look like a pussy not wanting to face Abyss for that amount of time then we got to the match and pretty above avg. work by these four as you would expect but then the stupid ref distraction and the brass knuckles shot the ending we have seen over and over and over again (**) (4th bad ending finish this is getting comical)

6th match "The War Machine" Rhino vs. Kurt Angle with a Mystery Guest in his corner this match was basically Angle wearing his nice shinny carrying boots to carry Rhino to a good match since God knows when Rhino vs. Storm No Surrender 2007? Any way yea the match it self was going good with some nice technical wrestling by mostly Angle and then the ref went down then Foley came in then he did the reefing then the surprise guess came and all I could say is seriously TNA are you serious another washed up old WWE talent again please TNA you are like that kid when they see a toy even though its not the best toy to have but they know that toy was special at one time they want to relive the moment with the toy even though there’s fresher better toys out there seriously TNA then he slaps him then Mick Foley come in the ring and makes the pin wow (** 1/2) (5th bad ending)

TNA World Champion Sting, Legends Champion Booker T, Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner (The Main Event Mafia) vs. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Team 3D (TNA Frontline)
(If TNA Frontline wins, AJ Styles becomes the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion STIPS STIPS AND MORE STIPS in all serious this wasn’t that bad I mean considering that MEM look like they needed oxygen maskes after the match I mean how can you get tried in a fuckin 8 man tag match I mean Steiner was getting tired doing rest hold and like headlocks are you serious your that jacked and your tired god damnt get in shape or out of the ring and Nash please he is so washed up and doesn’t even deserve to be in a ring the guy cant even run never mind wrestle. Nash matches are all the same so are booker t speaking of him I think he is the stalest wrestler in the business right now. This match was way to long for an 8 man tag they could of cut It down done better spots and had a better match it dragged but picked up in the end but Joe jobs again way to that fresh talent TNA seriously bubba couldn’t take a pin or Devon ahhh (***)

Final thoughts wow whats there to say if you haven’t seen it I wouldn’t unless you’re a big TNA fan or just something. I tell you to watch the feast or fired match that’s really it because it pretty entertaining and the main event if you like long 8 man tag match that are good other then that nothing more then a junk ppv oh maybe mcmg’s angle and Suicide but other then that skip it. It gets really frustrating as a decayed wrestling fan to see two ppv’s in a row that are horrible ppvs and really insult the intelligence of me to make me watch 3 hours of this crap that’s 6 hours between Suvior Series and this throw away ppv. Thank God I didn’t order this junk because I would be even more pissed off as I am now but seriously this is what wrestling as come down to I think I will be watch lot more Japanese and Indy wrestling for now often if they pull any more ppvs like this one 3.75/10 thumbs way down

Soulpower

I liked the review, but this post probably belongs in the Final Resolution thread.

chessarmy

Quick review:

Feast or Fired: *** 1/2

Sharmell and The Beautiful People vs ODB, Roxxi, and Taylor Wilde: **

TNA X-Division Title-Sheik Abdul Bashir(c) vs Eric Young: ** 1/2

TNA World Tag Team Titles-Beer Money(c) vs Abyss and Matt Morgan: ***

Rhino vs Kurt Angle: ** 3/4

TNA Knockout Title match-Christy Hemme vs Awesome Kong(c): *3/4

TNA World Heavyweight Title-TNA Front Line vs The Main Event Mafia(c): *** 3/4

Overall this PPV was decent at best. I'm still trying to make sense of the main event, I just don't understand why the Main Event Mafia had to go over AGAIN. And why in the fuck is Samoa Joe jobbing? He's the best wrestler on the roster and he's been treated like shit as of late. Other than that, it was a decent show. I laugh at the 3's, and 4's out of 10 that people are giving, it shows the general "lets all hate on TNA" bias that I'm honestly just going to ignore from now on.

6.5 = fair

This Guy

Quick review:

Feast or Fired: *** 1/2

Sharmell and The Beautiful People vs ODB, Roxxi, and Taylor Wilde: **

TNA X-Division Title-Sheik Abdul Bashir(c) vs Eric Young: ** 1/2

TNA World Tag Team Titles-Beer Money(c) vs Abyss and Matt Morgan: ***

Rhino vs Kurt Angle: ** 3/4

TNA Knockout Title match-Christy Hemme vs Awesome Kong(c): *3/4

TNA World Heavyweight Title-TNA Front Line vs The Main Event Mafia(c): *** 3/4

Overall this PPV was decent at best. I'm still trying to make sense of the main event, I just don't understand why the Main Event Mafia had to go over AGAIN. And why in the fuck is Samoa Joe jobbing? He's the best wrestler on the roster and he's been treated like shit as of late. Other than that, it was a decent show. I laugh at the 3's, and 4's out of 10 that people are giving, it shows the general "lets all hate on TNA" bias that I'm honestly just going to ignore from now on.

6.5 = fair

So because the match quality was okay that forgives all the wack ass booking? Where the whole PPV it was all about tuning into Impact?

That aside I loved the previous months PPV from TNA it was fantastic...but TNA rapidly fell back into there normal odd booking patterns. Match quality alone does not make a promotion sucsessful.

However to answer your one question about why the Main Event Mafia went over is because it was the only booked finish that made scense. And heres why....

1) To give the belt to the frontline so soon would cause too much back and forth in the fued. The Mafia would be dead and the fued would be pretty much over already.

2) To continue the tenssion between Sting & the rest of the Mafia. It was clear that when Sting saw the replay he got upset that the mafia had cheated to win. The story telling is that Sting is a good guy on the wrong side.

3) To have AJ win the belt in such a stupid stipulation match would be stupid. Having a mega main event tag match for a PPV is fine. WWE has done them...doesn't mean the title needs to be on the line....but TNA thinks it does. Fortunatly they had enough common scense to make sure the belt didn't change hands in it.

Although I agree that eventually the Frontline needs to win the war its too soon. For a fued of this magnatude, to blow it off after just 2 PPV's would be lame.