Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

he's my bitch.

When I get this game im gonna be in CAW mode forever lol. Knowing my impatience im gonna sim all 24/7 mode and reap the rewards then go through it with my CAWs just to see whats its like. Gonna have so much fun with this game.

Also am I the only one that loves the new controls?
i like the controls now except for one thing, YOU CANT FUCKING CHANGE THE TARGET INDICATORS MANUALLY! handicap matches= fucked

as for the CAW and 24/7, if you sim all matches you gain shit, you're gonna lose em all and the storylines are going to be repeated.

Soulpower

And of course, its now a new CAW without... Yukes giving you less and less parts to build your wrestler.

^^^^^ Orton is God

You mispelled overrated >_>

Reaction score
the target thing is annoying as hell but bearable and ye 24/7 when you play you get same storyline mostly each time, but the overall game is good and for one of the hall of famer tasks I had to beat king of the ring and seeing Jeff hardy being crowned and choosing Kelly kelly as my queen was pretty funny but in the create a move set bit having the styles clash as a move is pretty good although for the damage it does they gave it as really low like in 07 but meh. the graphics as I said before are awesome and putting people through flaming tables is cool and being able to set fire to barbed wire bats and being them down is funny playing against the computer on legend difficulty is annoying not because its so hard but they reverse practically every move, but never hit you after doing it and they do the same move like the entire match but that shouldnt put people of who are about to buy it because overall its a brilliant game, I think and I still haven't done half the stuff yet.

But after being beaten practically the whole match and then poked in the eye then low blowed by orton on legend difficulty then have him taunt and go for the pin as I roll him up in a possum pin and win was funny as hell

Kassidy

Reaction score
well i dont know what you guys are talking about, i have the demo and will have the game tomorrow but even on the demo i could change the target manually using the back button on the 360 i believe, ill go play real quick and make sure

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Ok, i'm fine with the new PS3 controls overall... but was there really need to swap L1 & ▲ around! Yer, sure it's great that you can now run in a circle & what not, but it's as though they just changed it for the heck of it just to shove in people's faces that the game is different!... Marginally!

The chair animations are pretty sweet i must say though, i ended up staying at my m8's for like a few hours just playing "Extreme Rules"! I might buy the game tonight if i'm bored but i don't feel the need to as much as other people here, so i might give it a miss for a few weeks!

Edit:- PS2 version seems to not have a "Change Target" button. It may not be much, but is a vital part of the gameplay IMO. Just playing a few matches stresses the shit into me as it's impossible to break up pin falls & submissions as opposed to previous versions!

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
The thing I was looking forward to was more new storylines but after all these 'reviews' :)P) it seems like a big letdown.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
For the 'actual' gamers, 24/7 mode (Season mode) is the most important and from what I've read here, it's shit. I really wnat to buy it but I dosen't seem worth it.

Have they added any new match types?

Triple H

Reaction score
I already own a copy of Smackdown Vs Raw 2008, its pretty good, graphics are sharper and the stupid announcer doesnt repeat where a created wrestler is from like in the '07 version.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
I already own a copy of Smackdown Vs Raw 2008, its pretty good, graphics are sharper and the stupid announcer doesnt repeat where a created wrestler is from like in the '07 version.

:laugh: That was annoying.

Have yopu got the PSP version? If anyone does then please let me know if it is good because '07 had crap graphics.