Official Smackdown! discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Im getting my copy friday hopefully if I have the time to get down the shpops to get it and il have the whole weekend to play it and ye they should of had that wheel in all matchups

Reaction score
well seeing as how im in NY and I have no connections. Im just gonna have to wait till the 13th to get mine. Hah I have been so excited about this game I have gone back and have made new caws and whatnot just to distract me from SvR08. Im trying to get as good as some of the guys on CAW.WS but I think I suck at it.
Well everyone getting it earlier I hope you have fun playing it.

Reaction score
I deniftely definitely will and it will probs be worth the extra few days wait for you lol and I think the first thing il try is a extreme rules match so I can put people through flaming tables and what not lol

Wordlife

^yeah same here... for me, my first match will be Orton vs CMPunk... extreme rules... and I'm gonna pound Punk thru a flaming table and hit him with a flaming barbed wire 2X4.... ahhhhhh sooooo much fun... then, its on to 24/7 mode with either Orton, MVP, Batista or Cena... oooooo the anticipation awaits lol

the dark knight

got the call last night at 9:30PM...couldn't make it. got the game hours ago, just came back after 3 hours of waiting for dad to pick me up and im fucking sick now(i still love teh winter). dunno if i should watch a movie then start playing th thing 2morrow....

anywayz, if anyone got a question about the game, lemme know.

This Guy

btw, North American Street Date is next week (November 13th) Got the big e-mail from THQ yesterday.

the dark knight

^^you guys break my heart, do we always get games and films like a month before you do? lol

ok as for teh game, its far from disappointing but, nothing THAT good. i spent like 4 hours last night in the create mode as i dont wanna use anyone else in 24/7...and im not wasting time in exhibition mode.

so far, the bad:
- AI is stupid and if you're cool with the controls, you can finish any match under 3 mins unless you're using your CAW and facing cena.
-the controls suck balls, they should've given us the choice to play using the same controls in the old games like they did in 07.
-didn't make it to raw yet (still on heat) thnx to my CAW(who cant reverse anything and can not punch or grapple the opponent)+stupid controls.
-i love games that'd take time to finish but i dont get a lot of free time these days and the game looks pretty lengthy.
-official soundstracks aren't as good as in the previous games.
-not that i've reached far enough in the game (i didn't reach anywhere anyway) but 24/7 mode, as much as i like the new features, looks stale. i think i can get bored of it halfway through...nice features though.
-not so sure about this yet, I CANT CUSTOMIZE MY LOCKER ROOM :( at least the poster assholes. coach said "sorry about the locker room" so maybe ill be able to customize soon.
-out of date roster

the good:
everything else, to me, this is far better than last year's disappointment.

pm system said:
Is the whole glitch where you edit your caws look and some of the hard grapples go back to its default ones. is it still there like in 07?
this never happened to me in svr07. and haven't noticed anything in 08 yet...

edit- yea, i've lost 2 matches last night (to kenny and JTG). haven't lost a 1 on 1 match in svr07 and svr06...

if you're playing the game and wanna avoid the stupid AI, USE A CREATED WRESTLER with the default attributes and set it to hard difficulty :)

Switchy

Reaction score
I got the game at lunchtime and it's looking pretty sick and TDK pretty much summed up all the pro's and cons but my only complaint is no CM Punk in 24/7 :(. I gotta agree the ai is so easy to face I won my first match (that is quite an achievemtn for me, something i never normally do) and the storylines in 24/7 are confusing (one minute your feuding with someone and your shaking hands with them backstage and stufff like that) and other small things kinda bug me too like the commentators yell out "SPEAR, SPEAR!" before I even hit it but that's about all my critixcisms and everything is pretty cool with it.

Reaction score
dont know bout you guys but when I got my copy earlier today I got a free rey mysterio figure with svr08 printed on his shirt but apart from that it was exactly like the ones you buy

the dark knight

I got the game at lunchtime and it's looking pretty sick and TDK pretty much summed up all the pro's and cons but my only complaint is no CM Punk in 24/7 :(. I gotta agree the ai is so easy to face I won my first match (that is quite an achievemtn for me, something i never normally do) and the storylines in 24/7 are confusing (one minute your feuding with someone and your shaking hands with them backstage and stufff like that) and other small things kinda bug me too like the commentators yell out "SPEAR, SPEAR!" before I even hit it but that's about all my critixcisms and everything is pretty cool with it.
fuck cm punk, want a challenge? again, CREATE A FUCKING SUPERSTAR and start from scratch on hard difficulty. trust me, its not easy.

only 2 matches i' lost till now are the "tap out" training match in 24/7 and a fucking handicap match.

DOES THE FOCUS SYSTEM WORK? for some reason, the superstar i'm using doesn't change his focus on the other opponent unless he beat me up. and yea, even after i set the thing to on (fuck auto).

quick shouts:
1. z0mG only 50 superstars *commits suicide*.....NOT! who cares? you're not gonna play using val venis arent you?
2. graphics....never been a factor of whether the game's good or not.
3. THEY REMOVED THE "...." FEATURE FROM LAST YEAR ARRRGHHH!!...you wanted new stuff? old stuff must be taken out.
4. 24/7 SUCKS I WANT THE OLD PLAY A MATCH GET THE MONEY SEASON MONEY!!! dbag, its way better now and not random. even though 24/7 IS confusing and has some storyline glitches and it happens...but guess what? its still 10 times better than last year's. and the glitches dont really change much...

Reaction score
well its over 50 with the 3 unlockables and the graphics of this game are awesome makes a big change from my psp to 360 on hd tv entrances so realistic and just beat dreamer with a swanton in extreme rules lol

the dark knight

how do you change focus? i'll get a rematch..must beat the 2 pricks.

handicap+caw+less than 40 overall+cant change focus= pain in the ass.