Official Roster Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Anchoring the show obviously. It's a strategy as old as time. You keep around a group of elder statesmen/known names who will make people tune in to begin with. Then with time you expose them to more and more of the newer talent who is going to work their asses off in the midcard, to eventually replace the guys on top.

Cena is working TV only now with a few house shows here and there. He's not full time anymore. And Orton is also moving towards part time. Same with ADR and Kane. They won't be there forever.

Look at the midcard talent in the Smackdown roster and there's a ton of potential there that is going to be given a lot more chances to showcase it now
Yeah, I know... It's just that I really, REALLY want the WWE to go all-out in creating a "superstars" vs. "wrestlers" roster if only to see what happens. Hell, they could always do some trading if one show starts seriously tanking, so what risk is there?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yeah, I know... It's just that I really, REALLY want the WWE to go all-out in creating a "superstars" vs. "wrestlers" roster if only to see what happens. Hell, they could always do some trading if one show starts seriously tanking, so what risk is there?
"Superstars" vs "Wrestlers" would never have really worked. Because both are needed for a show to work.

There will be trades later on most likely. And Smackdown is probably the brand that is going to get more debuts starting out. So expect guys like Shelton Benjamin, Samoa Joe and such on Smackdown some time this fall.

Smackdown is going to be presented as the underdog show and the creative is going to go all out on creating new stars (hopefully). I'm looking forward to the new Smackdown a lot.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Owens could've worked on either show, so him on RAW is fine. I also would've put the Wyatts there plus they have the New Day (since they weren't getting split). I'm just afraid of guys like Cesaro, Zayn, Neville, and the cruiserweights in general getting lost in the shuffle.

As for SmackDown having hungry talent wanting to prove themselves, then what hell are Cena, Orton, Del Rio, and Kane doing there?
Who are the hungry talent gonna prove themselves against? Beating each-other will elevate the winner, and bury the loser. They need veterans to help, elevate and work with young guys while also bringing star power.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Stopspot winning the thread so much. Looking forward to see the Smackdown spotlight lead to some really bright moments on the blue brand, can't help but be excited.

Do groan at Zayn on Raw, because that'll inspire me to watch. How dare you, WWE. Plus keeping him away from Ryan Ward?

Any updates on bow much Vince cares about SD?

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
Who are the hungry talent gonna prove themselves against? Beating each-other will elevate the winner, and bury the loser. They need veterans to help, elevate and work with young guys while also bringing star power.
Look, I get it. I'm mostly just grousing because a lot of my favorites (Rollins, Cesaro, Neville, etc.) are on RAW, which I was hoping I wouldn't need to watch to see them.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I am actually liking how Smackdown is looking rosterwise overall. It has vets like Cena, Styles (he ain't a rookie), Miz, and Orton. But it also has a few younger people like American Alpha, and a few rising ones like Ambrose. Would have it been nice to have a few more "workhorses?" Yes, but for now, I ain't conplaining.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
One more thing to point out mid-Battleground viewing...

4 of the first 5 picks were Ambrose, Rollins, Styles, and Balor. The other was Charlotte.

Can we put the "Vince hates little guys!" "WWE never listens to the internet fans!" "THEY DON'T KNOW TALENT" crap to bed yet?
I don't wanna see one more word about this. Not one.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Can we put the "Vince hates little guys!" "WWE never listens to the internet fans!" "THEY DON'T KNOW TALENT" crap to bed yet?
I don't wanna see one more word about this. Not one.
Pretty sure people stopped saying this around the time Daniel Bryan won WM30. But, if there is anyone who still says that shit, they're Blue. Look at the main event and upper midcard scene right now, other than Reigns, Cena and Orton, they we're all huge indie stars.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Updated rosters, and logos.

Quite excited to see Beaver Cleavage coming back for one last run with WWE.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Looks like Harper will be joining RAW. Nice.

- Luke Harper should be returning imminently to the RAW brand, as he is advertised for the upcoming WWE live events in Chile, Peru and Ecuador from October 5th - 8th. As seen in the billboard below, via Planeta Wrestling, Harper will be replacing Jack Swagger - who is now on the SmackDown brand - to face Sami Zayn.
14479603_1404049992956823_4091727051141970803_n.jpg

Source