Official Roster Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
LOL'd at Mojo and Nia getting drafted. Send 'em back to NXT. Mojo sucks and Nia's green as gooseshit. And since Strowman's been split up from the Wyatts now, send his ass back to NXT, too.
Why send them back? They just take up spots on NXT which should have been filled months ago by new talent coming in.

Both Nia and Mojo are good enough wrestlers where they can do the finishing touches on the main roster (That people still think that Mojo stinks is one of the silliest things still going in the IWC. The guy has improved a lot). Mojo is going to be a tag worker so whatever flaws he still has is going to be nicely covered. And both Nia and Strowman are obviously going to be bodyguards to start with.

You gain nothing from sending them back to NXT because they have already done all that they were set out to do down there. They've been in developmental for 3 years. Time to move up

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Definitely looking foward to the on screen relations between GM Mick foley and Rollins, Owens, and Jericho. I feel like there will be some funny stuff

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I find the rosters to be stacked, with their own flaws. I think people put way too much hope in SmackDown being the proving ground, since it had that place the last time around. It seems like they reversed the roles, which has it's flaws and it's draw-backs. RAW has more potential stars, and the bigger audience, and the longer show, and has overall more importance, at this point. It would be good to build guys up like Cesaro, KO, Zayn and others on an esteemed show and have them build their portfolio on the grander scale. SmackDown, on the other-hand, is a mix of young and old. It seems like SmackDown is gonna be the place for established guys to get a run in the Main Event. Guys like Dolph Ziggler and Bray Wyatt. And I find that very interesting.

I personally enjoyed this draft, and don't have a problem with the rosters. I don't think Mojo sucks, but I feel like he's a new Big Show or Kane. Just there, and used to crush high hopes for surprises. And he already crushed one surprise last night. Hopefully he works the best out of his situation. It will be very interesting to see how these shows are booked, from what I remember, I think Triple H and Ryan Ward are at the top of SmackDown, which means a more NXT esque product with less restrictions since SmackDown isn't linked to RAW, which is more of a WWE esque product. Anywho, these next few months are gonna be very interesting to see what and how they build up.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I find the rosters to be stacked, with their own flaws. I think people put way too much hope in SmackDown being the proving ground, since it had that place the last time around. It seems like they reversed the roles, which has it's flaws and it's draw-backs. RAW has more potential stars, and the bigger audience, and the longer show, and has overall more importance, at this point. It would be good to build guys up like Cesaro, KO, Zayn and others on an esteemed show and have them build their portfolio on the grander scale. SmackDown, on the other-hand, is a mix of young and old. It seems like SmackDown is gonna be the place for established guys to get a run in the Main Event. Guys like Dolph Ziggler and Bray Wyatt. And I find that very interesting.

I personally enjoyed this draft, and don't have a problem with the rosters. I don't think Mojo sucks, but I feel like he's a new Big Show or Kane. Just there, and used to crush high hopes for surprises. And he already crushed one surprise last night. Hopefully he works the best out of his situation. It will be very interesting to see how these shows are booked, from what I remember, I think Triple H and Ryan Ward are at the top of SmackDown, which means a more NXT esque product with less restrictions since SmackDown isn't linked to RAW, which is more of a WWE esque product. Anywho, these next few months are gonna be very interesting to see what and how they build up.

I feel like Mojo was drafted so him and Ryder could br put in the tag division. Which is cool with me cuz then Ryder can have a run with the tag title that they'll probably add to Smackdown

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
And one last thing, the WWE title goes to RAW because FLAGSHIP SHOW GODDAMIT, assuming Ambrose will lose it at Battleground and then the Big Gold Belt returns to SmackDown, right?

Can't wait for Reigns to get the ultimate punishment for juicing whilst being the face of company.

Going over clean on Ambrose. :reigns3:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can't wait for Reigns to get the ultimate punishment for juicing whilst being the face of company.

Going over clean on Ambrose. :reigns3:

Reigns wins the WWE title by delivering a double Spear on Ambrose and Rollins, m8. THERE'S YOUR PUNISHMENT, ROMAN!:reigns4:

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
My biggest problem with the draft is neither show has much of an identity. Basically, it's like RAW got the largest chunk of main event potential while SmackDown was simply thrown a few scraps. I thought the idea was to create competing brands, yet from the get-go they kept referring to RAW as the flagship show. It's like they want SmackDown to fail as a competing show.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
RAW clearly did get the better picks here. Kevin Owens should have went to Smackdown when Sami was drafted to RAW. Brock Lesnar shouldn't have been drafted. I hope Smackdown trades Kalisto for Cesaro since it does make sense. Kalisto would do great in the Cruiserweight division coming to RAW and I think Cesaro could have a title run in Smackdown. I really think Cesaro won't have any sort of title run at RAW and that promo he did would have fucked it up more. Either way the draft worked since I'm watching both RAW and Smackdown weekly now ;)

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I thought the idea was to create competing brands, yet from the get-go they kept referring to RAW as the flagship show. It's like they want SmackDown to fail as a competing show.
It's the narrative being presented. Even look at who runs the shows. They consistently refered to Mick Foley as a 3x WWE Champion, Best selling author and Hall of Famer, while they hardly mentioned Bryan's accomplishments. Not only that, but the "black sheep" of the McMahon family is running SmackDown while RAW is run by the loud mouth, abrasive, staple for 15 years+, Stephanie McMahon.

They're painting SmackDown as the under-dog, and they've always been the underdog, but now they're finally being presented as such by the writers. This may be a draft, but it's still pro-wrestling. I find the story to be quite intriguing. It's urging fans to check SmackDown out, to see if they can live up to the standards.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Rhyno and Curt Hawkins are rumored to return to the main roster soon. They'll reportedly be on SmackDown.

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
They're painting SmackDown as the under-dog, and they've always been the underdog, but now they're finally being presented as such by the writers.
That would be fine IF they gave SmackDown the more athletic wrestlers while RAW got the "superstars," and game SmackDown the cruiserweights once they're integrated. SmackDown would be able to showcase the hungry wrestlers trying to prove themselves with their in-ring abilities.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Ziggler and Corbin will be SD's equivalent of Sami and KO. [HASHTAG]#fightforever[/HASHTAG]

:hutz:

Stopspot

Reaction score
That would be fine IF they gave SmackDown the more athletic wrestlers while RAW got the "superstars," and game SmackDown the cruiserweights once they're integrated. SmackDown would be able to showcase the hungry wrestlers trying to prove themselves with their in-ring abilities.
RAW needs workhorses tho. RAW is three hours long. They need guys like Owens and Cesaro who can work a match that stretches two-three segments blind. They need guys like Owens who are confident talkers and who's segments can be spread out.

Smackdown has just the right roster for it right now. A lot of hungry talent that is going to work their asses off to elevate themselves in this new environment.

Reactions: Snowman1

Krendall

The Showoff
Reaction score
A lot of hungry talent that is going to work their asses off to elevate themselves in this new environment.
Owens could've worked on either show, so him on RAW is fine. I also would've put the Wyatts there plus they have the New Day (since they weren't getting split). I'm just afraid of guys like Cesaro, Zayn, Neville, and the cruiserweights in general getting lost in the shuffle.

As for SmackDown having hungry talent wanting to prove themselves, then what hell are Cena, Orton, Del Rio, and Kane doing there?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Owens could've worked on either show, so him on RAW is fine. I also would've put the Wyatts there plus they have the New Day (since they weren't getting split). I'm just afraid of guys like Cesaro, Zayn, Neville, and the cruiserweights in general getting lost in the shuffle.

As for SmackDown having hungry talent wanting to prove themselves, then what hell are Cena, Orton, Del Rio, and Kane doing there?
Anchoring the show obviously. It's a strategy as old as time. You keep around a group of elder statesmen/known names who will make people tune in to begin with. Then with time you expose them to more and more of the newer talent who is going to work their asses off in the midcard, to eventually replace the guys on top.

Cena is working TV only now with a few house shows here and there. He's not full time anymore. And Orton is also moving towards part time. Same with ADR and Kane. They won't be there forever.

Look at the midcard talent in the Smackdown roster and there's a ton of potential there that is going to be given a lot more chances to showcase it now