Official ROH Newswire/Videowire thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

October 20th: Several announcements hit the main page at ROHWrestling.com over the last few days; the stage is becoming set, and it looks like the first two weekends in November could be huge! Just announced on the main page this morning (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3023) are KENTA’s final two November tour matches! In suburban Detroit on November 13th, KENTA will battle Kenny Omega in singles action! And then in on the 14th, just outside Toronto, El Generico gets a shot at KENTA in a match that fans have been demanding for quite some time! Tickets for both events are on sale right now at www.rohwrestlig.com!

October 20th: Also announced in the last couple of days; appearing on November 7th in Edison, NJ will be the Executive Producer for ROH on HDNet - the Louisville Slugger himself – Jim Cornette! Mr. Cornette will take part in a FREE meet-and-greet before the event as well as making an appearance during the card! Don’t miss out; tickets for Edison are available now!

October 20th: Don’t forget about the two huge matchups signed for the return of ROH and HDNet to the Arena in South Philly! On November 6th, Kenny Omega will go another round with Chris Hero and Roderick Strong will battle Davey Richards! Holden McNeil looks at both bouts at http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3028 and http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3025! Don’t miss out; be there live to witness these two awesome battles! Tickets are available at www.rohwrestling.com!

October 20th: Kenny King laid out the challenge to Tyler Black for Edison; and the answer back from Black was crystal clear. “Tell him to bring it on.†Signed for November 7th is Kenny King versus Tyler Black. Black got the best of King in a back-and-forth contest en route to winning Survival of the Fittest, but his desire for the rematch is clear – revenge. Titus and King have stood between Black and Aries, not to mention King took Jerry Lynn out of ROH competition. “Any pain I feel when I get my hands on them,†said Black, “Is well worth the reward.â€

October 20th: Did you see ROH World Champion Austin Aries versus Bryan Danielson last night on HDNet? If not, check www.rohvideos.com/rohbrazil later this week for the upload, and call your cable provider and tell them you want to see Ring of Honor on HDNet! Speaking of Aries, talks between him and ROH officials have been incredibly heated as it pertains to his involvement in the next set of National TV tapings in Philadelphia as well as his upcoming matches in Detroit and Toronto. We’ll have more on this later this week.

October 20th: Also signed for Edison on November 7th is an interesting match-up as Claudio Castagnoli has signed to face Jay Briscoe in one-on-one competition. ROH officials requested comments from Castagnoli and Prince Nana as to what the motivation was for requesting this match. Both men denied the request.

October 20th: Prince Nana did however issue a challenge to the Necro Butcher for Edison. “I wish for that barefooter to come pay for taking out my Crown Jewel in Chicago,†said Nana. “I have my many forces of the Embassy ready to fight that beast in Edison if he’s not afraid to get what’s coming to him.†More on this as it develops.

October 20th: A pair of outstanding matches has been signed for suburban Detroit on November 13th. The first is a perfect example of why ROH has the hottest tag team division in wrestling. Matt and Nick Jackson – The Young Bucks – will take on former ROH World Tag Team Champions Kevin Steen and El Generico! Steen has been nursing a battered knee as of late, but assured ROH officials it won’t be an issue. “My knee won’t stand in the way. Generico and I have a lot to prove, and if we can beat the Bucks it will be a great start.†In addition, two of the hottest in all of Ring of Honor collide when “That Young Knockout Kid†Chris Hero meets Roderick Strong in singles competition. Will Hero KO the Messiah of the Backbreaker, or will Roddy continue his meteoric rise? Be there to find out!

October 20th: Shane Hagadorn will be upset to know that Hero’s competition won’t get any easier that weekend, as just signed for Mississauga, Ontario on November 14th, “That Young Knockout Kid†will take on Kevin Steen! With El Generico signed to meet KENTA, Steen wanted to raise his game and take on the toughest singles match he could. “It’s going to be a great day to be a Canadian,†said Steen. “Generico gets his dream match, and I get to avenge Hero’s ‘win’ back in July over one of my heroes – Lance Storm.†Tickets are on sale now!

October 20th: The BIG TEN SALE is back at ROHWrestling.com until Thursday morning. This sale is loaded with every in stock DVD from 2002-2006 plus over 30 additional complete shows from 2007-2008 for only $10 each. You can also purchase general admission tickets for live events during the month of November in Edison, Detroit, and Mississauga for $10. In additional save 10% Off Your Next Order. For a complete list of DVD's on sale for only $10 each plus additional details on this sale click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=860.

October 20th: Now in stock and available for immediate shipping is SHIMMER Vol. 25 on DVD. This event features MsChif vs. Wesna Busic for the SHIMMER Title; Ashley Lane & Nevaeh vs. Sara Del Rey & Amazing Kong for the SHIMMER Tag Titles; Mercedez Martinez vs. Serena Deeb; The Canadian Ninjas vs. Daizee Haze & Allison Danger; plus more. Order this DVD in the "New Release" section at www.rohwrestling.com.

October 20th: Delirious is currently on tour in Japan and competing in the Pro Wrestling NOAH Junior Heavyweight League Tournament. He competed in Sendai on back to back night scoring a victory over KENTA on the 18th and fought in a losing effort against Katsuhiko Nakajima on the 17th. We'll update his progress going forward.

October 20th: We’ll be back later this week with more news on the huge ROH on HDNet TV Tapings on 11/5-6, our return to Edison, NJ on 11/7, and we’ll have more match announcements for the big events in the Detroit area (Novi, MI) on 11/13 and suburban Toronto (Mississauga, ON) on 11/14

Detroit

First Time Ever Dream Match
KENTA vs. Kenny Omega

Tag Team Special Attraction
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks

Special Challenge Match
Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Toronto

First Time Ever Dream Match
KENTA vs. El Generico

Survival of the Fittest 2009 Rematch
Tyler Black vs. Roderick Strong

Special Challenge Match
Kevin Steen vs. Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn

Nice starts to the Det/Tor shows.

Montana

October 22nd: The month of November for ROH World Champion Austin Aries might just be the toughest of his second championship reign. In Indianapolis on October 10th, he basically walked out on Davey Richards after ‘negotiating’ his way into the match with Richards against The Briscoe Brothers. Aries, who knew going in that Richards held a shot at the ROH title, still elected to ‘throw him to the wolves’, and that move may prove fatal. In suburban Detroit on November 13th, Davey Richards has exercised his right for an ROH World Title Match. It will be Richards versus Aries in the “Dâ€! Can Richards become a double champion in Ring of Honor? Or will Aries once more find a way to prove that he’s the “greatest man who ever livedâ€? Get your tickets now and find out!

October 22nd: ROH officials including ROH on HDNet Executive Producer Jim Cornette are currently finalizing Aries' opponent for suburban Toronto on November 14th. The mandate has already come down: Should Aries retain against Richards in Detroit, he WILL defend the title in Toronto. Davey Richards is not scheduled for the Toronto event, and if he should walk away with the championship on 11/13, his first defense as champion will happen in December.

October 22nd: By all accounts, Delirious is having the tour of his life over in Pro Wrestling NOAH. After defeating KENTA earlier in the tour, Delirious was once more victorious, this time over Ricky Marvin. With the considerable momentum he is picking up in Japan, ROH officials are excited to see what Delirious is able to bring to the table once back in ROH. He will be on hand for the ROH on HDNet TV Tapings as well as in action when ROH returns to Edison, NJ on 11/7!

October 22nd: Those who tuned in to Ring of Honor on HDNet this past Monday saw Jerry Lynn laid out by a nasty spike piledriver from Kenny King and Rhett Titus. We’re happy to report that Jerry has made progress in his recovery and word has it that he hopes to return to ROH action “sooner than later to even the scoreâ€. Didn’t see the show? Call your local cable provider and demand HDNet!

October 22nd: ROH officials are happy to announce that Asylum and Burns – The Flatliners – will make their debut on November 14th in suburban Toronto. The addition of this talented team will only enhance the greatest tag team division in wrestling today. We’ll have their opponents for 11/14 next week in the ‘Wire!

October 22nd: Speaking of tag teams, The Super Smash Brothers have made a great impression on the ROH Faithful as well as officials. They look to continue that trend on November 14th in Mississauga, ON as they have signed to face “The Pretty Boy Pitbull†Kenny King and “Addicted to Love†Rhett Titus! Can the SSB pick up some steam with a big win over Aries’ stablemates?

October 22nd: We have two new special offers that just started at ROHWrestling.com. The first is BUY 2, GET 1 FREE on all Ring of Honor DVD's. The second offer saves you 30% OFF all live event tickets. For complete details on the sale click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/article.aspx?id=3032.

October 22nd: Prince Nana has informed officials that “the time is near for a new monster to join the Embassyâ€.

October 22nd: Sources close to ROH World Tag Team Champion Eddie Edwards indicate that the rehab for his broken elbow is “on scheduleâ€. We can now confirm that Edwards will be on hand in Philadelphia for the big ROH on HDNet National Television tapings on November 5th and 6th.

October 22nd: After weeks of talks, Alex Koslov has elected to remain in Mexico. ROH Officials are optimistic that Koslov will appear in ROH in 2010.

October 22nd: We’ll be back next week with more news and views and match announcements for ROH’s big November!

I couldn't help myself. I've actually was hoping this would be the main event for Detroit, since the last show. Kinda like my dream match at the moment. Pretty awesome of ROH.

Soulpower

The latest videowire.

[yt]m4zi1slKgDE[/yt]

Very good promos by pretty much everyone (Even Roderick's promo was decent). Black cut the best promo of his career, Aries cut a great one as well and Kingston continues to be godly on the mic.

Also, "ch-ch-chika", ftw!

Montana

Reaction score
April 6th Newswire

- Words cannot express how thankful we are for the incredible fans in Charlotte, North Carolina! Thank you to Ruben Zamora of Masked Republic and Norberto Sanchez at Norsan Multimedia for partnering up with us to present “The Big Bang!†And to each and every one of you that purchased a ticket to be at the Grady Cole or bought the iPPV broadcast through GoFightLive, we can’t thank you enough. “The Big Bang!†was historic in a number of ways, and you can still see it as it unfolded by pointing your browser to http://www.gofightlive.tv/showEvent.do?eventId=625! ROH officials are currently mulling over a return to the Charlotte market and we’ll have news on that as it unfolds!
- Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli are the NEW Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions! The Kings of Wrestling upended Mark and Jay Briscoe in Charlotte in an incredible bout, but not without controversy. Jay Briscoe is currently convalescing back in Sandy Fork suffering through the after effects of a severe concussion – one that he asserts is direct proof that Hero’s elbow guard is loaded. “I ain’t never been hit that hard in my life,†said Jay. “It’s a joke.†Briscoe was seen vomiting immediately after the bout, another bit of proof in his mind. “Look at the tape. You see him put on the pad. Two minutes later I’m out cold, then pukin’, then in-and-out of it all night after. I can’t sleep, got damn migraines, and don’t remember [expletive] from the match. This ain’t over by no damn stretch!†ROH officials maintain that the referee’s decision is final, and an investigation in the locker room after the bout did not yield anything to rule otherwise. “We will get ‘em in the ring again,†said Mark Briscoe. “Hero’s in Dayton and Chicago later this month. And so are we. So are we.†More on this as it develops.
- Tyler Black outlasted Austin Aries and Roderick Strong to retain the ROH World Championship in a 30-minute back-and-forth classic in the Queen City! Supporters of Black are breathing a well-deserved sigh of pride and relief, while detractors are already claiming that Black didn’t defeat Roderick Strong in the match. “It’s a double edged sword,†said Black. “In this world it’s all about ‘what have you done for me lately’, and while it’s unfortunate, I get it. I said I’d be a fighting champion and I have been. I didn’t have to put the belt on the line in Phoenix, but I did. And I won. And in Charlotte, I did what I said I would. I fought to win, and win I did. I’ve got to prove nothing to anyone, but I will still fight like a warrior and a champion.†As announced yesterday, new World Tag Team Champion Chris Hero gets his shot at the World Title on April 24th in Chicago, and we can now confirm that Tyler Black will defend the ROH World Title on April 23rd against Kenny King. King once more interjected himself in the World Title match last Saturday, fighting through the grasp of Hall of Fame referee Tommy Young to ringside. “King needs to look in the mirror,†said Black. “In my view Aries has held him back. King is a great athlete, and excellent wrestler. But he’s playing second fiddle to a man that cares only about himself, and in the end he’ll play second fiddle to him as long as he’s with him. He’s in the Pick 6, and been a thorn in my side, and it’s time to deal with him properly.†It’s Black versus King on April 23rd in Dayton and the title is on the line! Get your tickets now!
- A founding father has descended upon ROH once more and he is the “Fallen Angel†Christopher Daniels. Daniels appeared at “The Big Bang!†unannounced and shocked the wrestling world as he confronted Davey Richards following Richards’ hard-fought victory in Charlotte. Claiming that anyone wanting to be the ‘best in the world’ must go through him, Daniels has signed on and will appear on May 7th in Manassas, VA and May 8th in New York City. With Richards scheduled tour for New Japan Pro Wrestling keeping him off that loop, it will be interesting to see who signs to face Daniels. Good tickets still remain for both of these big events, and don’t forget, The Motor City Machine Guns and Amazing Kong will appear as well in New York! Take a look at what Daniels had to say after his shocking return at http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/christopher-daniels-returns-to-roh/!
- Roderick Strong was disgusted after last Saturday’s Triple Threat match. “It took two guys hitting me with everything they could,†said Roddy. “And they barely could keep me down. This journey is not over. It’s time to make a BIG statement.â€
- Colt Cabana and El Generico got the win last weekend, but not nearly in a satisfying fashion. Bloodshed by Cabana and a huge slap across the face sent Generico over the edge to a place that many had been waiting for him to go. And Kevin Steen was the recipient of a fury unseen in the ‘generic luchador’ for months. Referees and stagehands, and even poor Grizzly Redwood fell victim to the wrath of Generico, and the challenge was laid out – Street Fight in Chicago on April 24th. Steen and Corino agreed in haste last Saturday night, but since that time have been in near constant communication with ROH officials. ROHWrestling.com is working to confirm several rumors and we will have an exclusive story on this situation in the next 12 hours. Stay tuned to the main page at ROHWrestling.com for more.
- The Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale is back at ROHWrestling.com on all Ring of Honor DVD’s. If you’ve taken advantage of this offer in the past please read the instructions on the website as the way this offer works has changed. For complete details click here: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/buy-2-get-1-free-ring-of-honor-dvd-sale/. Sale ends Friday morning at 10 AM EST.
- Best wishes go out to Cassandro el Exotico as he suffered as broken tibia at “The Big Bang!†in his bout against “Addicted to Love†Rhett Titus. Everyone at Ring of Honor wishes Cassandro a full and speedy recovery! We hope to see “La Reina del Ring†back in ROH very soon. Please send your well wishes to http://www.myspace.com/exotico or http://www.facebook.com/pages/CASSANDRO-EL-exotico/336425383603.
- SHIMMER Women Athletes will film four DVDs this weekend in the Chicago area for future release at ROHwrestling.com. The events are this Saturday & Sunday, April 10th & 11th at the Berwyn Eagles Club (6309 26th Street) in Berwyn, IL, which is just 10 minutes away from ROH’s venue in Chicago Ridge. Volumes 29 & 30 of the SHIMMER DVD series will be filmed on Saturday, April 10th. Bell time is 2pm. Volumes 31 & 32 will be filmed on Sunday, April 11th. The Sunday taping begins at 1pm. Among the talent confirmed for participation are SHIMMER Champion MsChif, SHIMMER Tag Team Champions “The Canadian Ninjas†Portia Perez & Nicole Matthews, Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze, “Dark Angel†Sarah Stock, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedes Martinez, Ayako Hamada (4/11 only), Nikki Roxx, Allison Danger, Madison Eagles, Jessie McKay, and more. In addition to the SHIMMER regulars, we will see the American debuts of four of the top rising stars from Japan, in the form of NEO Tag Team Champion Ayumi Kurihara, former JWP Junior & POP Champion Misaki Ohata, Tomoka Nakagawa, and Hiroyo Matsumoto! Don’t miss this opportunity to see these joshi stars live! Visit www.SHIMMERwrestling.com to secure your seats for the tapings.
- ROH on HDNet returned to the air last night after a two-week college basketball pre-emption. Let us know what you thought of last night’s action on our Twitter page @ROHonHDNet! Check out http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-on-hdnet-results-april-5th/ for all the happenings!
- Don’t forget to check out www.rohvideos.com for our entire out-of-print library! Witness some of the greatest events in ROH history for only $10! All of the classics are at your fingertips, complete with DVD cover art. What are you downloading and what do you want to see? Let us know at any of our social networking portals or drop a line to ROHFansVoice@gmail.com!