• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

To whoever doesn't think it was a good year in Metal, J-Dawg has come to prove you wrong.

Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
God Forbid - Earthsblood
The Agonist - Lullabies for the Dormant MindWolf Ravenous
August Burns Red - Lost Messengers: The Outtakes (EP)
Dope - No Regrets
Static-X - Cult of Static
Impending Doom The Serpent Servant
Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life
The Devil Wears Prada - With Roots Above and Branches Below
Killswitch Engage - Killswitch Engage
Suicide Silence - No Time to Bleed
Born of Osiris - A Higher Place
Job for a Cowboy - Ruination
Poison the Well - The Tropic Rot
August Burns Red - Constellations
Behemoth - Evangelion

Winds of Plague - The Great Stone War
The 69 Eyes - Back in Blood
Dethklok - The Dethalbum II
The Black Dahlia Murder - Deflorate
It Dies Today - Lividity
Shadows Fall - Retribution
Children of Bodom - Skeletons in the Closet
Five Finger Death Punch War - Is the Answer
Parkway Drive The DVD (I KNOW ITS A DVD BUT JUST FOUND THIS BAND RECENTLY THERE AWE FUCKIN MAZING!)
Skindred - Shark Bites and Dog Fights
Austrian Death Machine - Double Brutal
Hatebreed - Hatebreed

The one's in bold personaly made me cry tears from my penis, any band on her you haven't hear of defenitly check out, would J-Dawg let you down?

Hometown Kid

Headfirst For Hardcore said:
wow, I think my favorite albums from this year were...
Meg & Dia
Jimmy Brooks/Drake
Kid Cudi
Silverstein
Green Day (I know. shoot me.)
Pearl Jam
Devil Wears Prada

Have you listened to the rest of Love Drunk yet? I know the lead single was completely whack, but the rest of the album is actually pretty alright, although not as good as BLG.

Other bands I thought put out good stuff that you might not have heard were Chevelle and Taking Back Sunday.

Getting bne tomorrow.

I try not to admit it on IWF but you know I'm a huge Boys like Girls fan Dylan >.< and yea it was an awesome album and guess what, might be going to see them with Cobra Starship =D

Well, i've listened to every single album you've listed besides Behemoth, God Forbid, Born Of Osiris and The Agonist, but the list is alright. Personally, I thought Dope, Cannibal Corpse, Impending Doom and Job For A Cowboy were pretty ordinary, but It Dies Today was one of the best albums this year.

Hometown Kid

I try not to admit it on IWF but you know I'm a huge Boys like Girls fan Dylan >.< and yea it was an awesome album and guess what, might be going to see them with Cobra Starship =D
You should be a big fan. :y: But even I know Cobra Starship sucks. >_>
Boys Like Girls was absolute trash to my ears.

You said the same about Chevelle. You'll come around eventually. :eek:

(Although they are way different and you probably won't like BLG. >_>)

I'm not a huge fan of It Dies Today but my gf I just broke up wit has an Uncle or something in the band and she is able to get free tickets and shit so she always talks about them, and oh shit they just toured wit Bring me the Horizon (My current Metal Addiction) so onto that. I can't stop listining to them like Suicide Season I've over played it, its such a good album, I don't understand why it got negative heat.

You should be a big fan. :y: But even I know Cobra Starship sucks. >_>

You said the same about Chevelle. You'll come around eventually. :eek:

(Although they are way different and you probably won't like BLG. >_>)

I like a few of there songs I'm sorry but Good girls go bad has been stuck in my head for the past 2 months.

And forgot to mention Kizza. underOath, AUGUST BURNS RED, and Emrey (SP?) 20 bucks sound like a deal, I'm most likely going just cause ABR is AweMazing.

No Time To Bleed has nothing on The Cleansing.

Ohhh deffenitly not, I doubt they'll ever put out and album that AweMazing again but it was still Really good and the first single Wake Up had me hooked from the beggening also reminds me there coming with Megadeath and Machine head but its 35 bucks idk weather or not I'm going but I'm really debating.

I'd go to that just for Megadeth. Seriously, if you haven't listened to Endgame, listen now. Every song has dueling guitar solos and killer riffs. Their best album in a decade. 44 Minutes and 1,320 are such brilliant songs.

Chris Broderick makes a massive difference.

In fact, with those two songs, 44 minutes is based on the North Hollywood Shootout in 1997, and 1,320 is a song about Funny Cars.

Seriously I'll have to check it out and if I like it enough will most likely go for sure cuase how many chances do you get to see Megadeath and Suicide Silence together? Not alot plus I been waitin for Suicide Silence to make there pit stop in Grand Rapids.