Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

This section, let alone the whole forum lacks musical discussion, so I thought I'd make this thread. If there is already a thread like this, it needs to be remade anyways.

So get discussing!~

Sum-41 is a damn good band. 'Go Chuck Yourself' is one of the better albums out there right now tbfh.

J

Ahhhhhhhh...Not a big fan of Sum 41 anymore...Was back in the day though...but yea theres way to many good bands out there...Bullet for my Valentine...Atreyu...Avenged Sevenfold...All that remains...As I lay Dieing...and hell even Buckcherry's had some awesome songs lately...To put it plain and simple...

phantomgerald

^^^I completely agree. To me, sum 41's music sounds too much like noise to me, and that really bugs me.

PeepShow

Have you guys even DLd 'Go Chuck Yourself'? I'm guessing not. You should give it a try if you haven't. Really good stuff imo.

Slipknoted

Reaction score
Monster Magnet - 4 way diablo
Black Light Burns - Cruel Melody
NIN - With Teeth

these aren't of all time....just what i've spent the last two weeks with

PeepShow

I've been getting into All That Remains here as of late as well as The Killers. Softer Rock is the way to go for me. The easier the vocals, the better.
thumbup.png

PeepShow

You middle eastern people and George Carlin.
thumbdown.png

No offense of course. :/

But no, I don;t mind the harder rock, as long as the vocals are clean like I said. The chaotic death metal stuff is just a bit too over the top for me.

phantomgerald

Yeah i hate metal too, but I just can't stand bands who play too much with the editing and make the songs sound electronic, like the Killers and the bravery.

Reaction score
well, im not exactly a death metal fan, although i do listen to some in flames occasionally. I am more of the old school metal type, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Sum-41 is a damn good band. 'Go Chuck Yourself' is one of the better albums out there right now tbfh.

"Go Chuck Yourself" was my catchphrase and they stole it from me. Actually that's a live album. "Chuck" is the album. But I can slap on "All Killer No Filler" anyday...love that album...especially the last song.

...but I just can't stand bands who play too much with the editing and make the songs sound electronic, like the Killers and the bravery.

I'm like that too for the most part. I liked the Killers' first album and CKY's second album (haven't heard the first, but the 3rd was boring). The Bravery just sucks ass in general. They sound like whatever is popular.

...and hell even Buckcherry's had some awesome songs lately
The only good songs I've heard of theirs are "Lit Up" and "Everything." All the rest :thumbdown:

PeepShow

The only song I've heard from the Bravery was on a MLB game for the PS2 like 3 years ago. It sounded pretty good. Not gunna say much else on it since I haven't heard anything else from them.

the dark knight

"Go Chuck Yourself" was my catchphrase and they stole it from me.
thats what i thought when i read that. i totally believe you btw. also, chris nolan stole my catchphrase "why so serious" for the new film.

back on topic:

can this be merged with the original thread?
http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6289

and something i've been wanting to ask...

are foo fighters half as good as they were? i've been a fan of them for sometime but all this shit they're getting for "the pretender" is bugging me. the song is average...and now i go on youtube and find 100000 guitar, piano, violen and others covers for it. wow..