Official Rock & Metal Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
My God people dont know what heavy metal is anymore.

That's because 99% of people think that Grammy winning bands like Disturbed, Slipknot and Korn are the heaviest metal out there. "Radio metal" isn't even metal anymore.

False metal will die with Billboard. You all will witness it.

noumenon

\m/ METAL \m/

cmon.... I know there's a few fuckin metalheads in this forum. Pretty straight foward thread...list your favorite bands...concert experiences...ect.
Just keep it fuckin metal.

Reaction score
Let's lay out some stipulations for this thread:

1: "Radio Metal" is not METAL. This includes Slipknot, Korn, Nickelback, 3 Days Grace, Disturbed, Saliva, Rob Zombie, Drowning Pool, Breaking Benjamin and others currently garnering Billboard Radio station-mainstream play. Notable exceptions include the band below.

2: Metallica stopped playing metal past ..And Justice For All. Everything except for Death Magnetic. post-..AJ4A is crap.

3: Slipknot are NOT hardcore or "Extreme". They're nu-metal shit, nothing else.

4: Slipknot is NOT "Death Metal" as MTV likes to pretend they are. They're "False Metal", nothing better.

noumenon

Yeahz but dis 1 tyme COREY TAYLOYRZZZZ(RRRAAARRRR!!!1) sed dat if we werent down wit the (F)MAGGOTS (evil hiss!!1221!!) that we iznt metool?!!!!

::closes his eyes and repeats to himself::Machine Head is hitting the studio shortly...Machine Head is hitting the studio shortly.........along with Megadeth....

PeepShow

-Moved to the music section

And some of my favorite metal bands are:

HammerFall
Edguy
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Soilwork
A7X
The Devil Wears Prada
Underoath

noumenon

I'm really glad you mentioned Hammerfall actually. I haven't listened to them in a good while.

Moonlight Drive

I really don't get all the hype surrounding metal, I've never really thought it was any good.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Slipknot and Disturbed are some of those bands that I liked when they came out but their fans killed it for me (among other things.....like maturity). But at least they aren't as bad as ICP fans.

Moonlight Drive

I hate metal fans. Although most of the ones on IWF are pretty sweet (so this isn't directed at you), the ones I've met in real life are all major try-hards who think everything else is 'pussy music' (a direct quote from some kids at my school)

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Some of my favorites are:
Avenged Sevenfold
Killswitch Engage
Atreyu (despite they're emo lyrics, they are metal)
Bullet For My Valentine
don't call me gay but In This Moment's first album (Beautiful tragedy) was awesome.
The Autumn Offering's newest album (they got a new vocalist for that one)
Iced Earth
Austrian Death Machine
Trivium
The first 3 Maiden albums with Dickinson (Beast. Piece of Mind, Powerslave)
and of course Metallica

And I haven't had much of a chance to listen to them, but from what I've heard All That Remains (I can't get Two Weeks out of my head) and As I Lay Dying are pretty good.

Wordlife

LOL

Disturbed is my favorite band too =]

And I like ICP, but the whole Juggalo shit gets REAL annoying

Reaction score
I really don't get all the hype surrounding metal, I've never really thought it was any good.

Don't worry, if you ever understand it and "convert" to it, there's no turning back.

I've never met anybody who started listening to true metal and said "Nahh, I think I'll go back to Beyonce Knowles, Pink and T Pain. I don't like metal anymore".

Metal pushes the sonic boundaries. No other music form can hold a collective candle to it.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
Parkway Drive
As I Lay Dying
White Chapel
Killswitch Engage
Darkest Hour
August Burns Red
Devil Wears Prada

i also like some grindcore shit like Pig Destroyer and Cheplic Carange