Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I just figured they might have added something else onto it other than 'I don't like you' but meh at least we're gonna get a match between them.

Kylie

Reaction score
I just figured they might have added something else onto it other than 'I don't like you' but meh at least we're gonna get a match between them.

I think that's the beauty of giving this an entire year to build. ;)

King Kearney

Reaction score
The only worry I'd have about having a year to build up this match is if The Rock isn't around a great deal over the next year. But my word if this is done the way it should be then it will be unreal.

Kenneth Allen

Reaction score
I was contemplating being done with wrestling. For real. Never, ever watching it again. I tuned into the first 30 minutes of RAW, shut it off and said "I'll turn it back on around 11pm to see what Rock has to say to Cena" and then I'm done with wrestling forever. The Rock then announced a year long buildup.

I think Vince realizes his product is dying a slow, painful death. Not in the sense that he'll be out of business soon, but that the people who cherished it for the past 15 years or so really just don't like it anymore. This is Vince grabbing at those fans like me who plan to stop, and keeping them for one more year.

And I hate him, because it'll work. For at least one more year, I'll still be some what interested in wrestling.

King Kearney

Reaction score
I feel pretty much the same as you Kenneth. For a good 18 months up until the past month or so I haven't really watched wrestling and I didn't miss it, I didn't care for it anymore. I thought that was me moving on and leaving wrestling behind but then The Rock comes back so I catch a few shows and it reminds me of the sort of feelings that the business can invoke on you. Needless to say I'm getting sucked back in.

The year long build hasn't been on this scale before so I'm intrigued more than anything to see how this pans which is why I can say with confidence that my interest will be kept alive over the next 12 months at least.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What I' am wondering is if Rock is gonna wrestle any before then or is gonna just keep doing appearances.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I doubt he does wrestle before then because he has stated in the past that his acting shape (dominant upper body) and wrestling shape (refined lower body) are two different things. He is going to have to lose or transfer some muscle to be able to go in the ring like he wants to do.

I can see him popping up here and there live, bringing in via satellite, and I've already read that he has been filming interviews with WWE for different documentaries and films.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Raw has a tough ass act to follow as TE brought it.

For those who missed TE, there was a teaser about an announcement concerning Edge's career which aired during it