Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kylie

Reaction score
I have no problem there (@PHX's Post). If they can manage to give it a good build up and a story in 6 weeks, then fantastic. The quality of the match isn’t what bothers me as we all know that it’ll be a great match. I’m just baffled that they’ve abandoned 2 legitimate feuds with a ton of background for something that at the moment makes no sense whatsoever (ignoring the whole two biggest names etc. etc.).

Reaction score
Why not book the best possible match on the biggest show? Save HHH/Sheamus and Taker/Barrett for minor PPVs.

You want backstory?

Night after WM, Sheamus attacks HHH just as he's about to announce something. They have their little match at ER.

HHH goes into obscurity, and we get NXT and Nexus. They target Bret, Vince, Cena, and finally bury Taker. Who has a vendetta against all 4 men? HHH.

He is (or was) the "higher power" of Nexus and had them bury Taker as revenge for him retiring HBK. Simple. Now he's back to finish the job himself.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wade and Nexus only buried Taker because a higher power told them to and was behind the whole "winds of change" vision. After everything Triple H has done in his career and all the groups he has led, it wouldn't be far fetched to write him in as being the higher power that tried to turn WWE as we knew it upside down from the sidelines. To me it fits. HHH ushered in a change of 'attitude' as half of DX back in the 90's. He ushered in a change of direction so to speak with the McMahon-Helmsley regime as he and Stephanie took power from Vince for a while. He ushered in change in Evolution by "discovering" 2 out of the 4 big stars of the post Rock/Austin era with Randy and Batista. I see how they could easily write him in as ushering this change by taking out the WWE's conscious in Taker especially since there is growing talk of him taking over some of Vince's duties and they admitted two years ago that he was a McMahon on TV (even though most knew it). He isn't the Cerebral Assassin for nothing.

My bad sxe, didn't read yours before I posted what I posted (copied what I posted on PSD)

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Sheamus/HHH and Wade/Taker are better off on Extreme Rules at this point. HHH/Taker as much as I really don't like watching either wrestle these days is the best possible match WWE can deliver with their current roster.

SAL

Reaction score
Wade and Nexus only buried Taker because a higher power told them to and was behind the whole "winds of change" vision. After everything Triple H has done in his career and all the groups he has led, it wouldn't be far fetched to write him in as being the higher power that tried to turn WWE as we knew it upside down from the sidelines. To me it fits. HHH ushered in a change of 'attitude' as half of DX back in the 90's. He ushered in a change of direction so to speak with the McMahon-Helmsley regime as he and Stephanie took power from Vince for a while. He ushered in change in Evolution by "discovering" 2 out of the 4 big stars of the post Rock/Austin era with Randy and Batista. I see how they could easily write him in as ushering this change by taking out the WWE's conscious in Taker especially since there is growing talk of him taking over some of Vince's duties and they admitted two years ago that he was a McMahon on TV (even though most knew it). He isn't the Cerebral Assassin for nothing.

My bad sxe, didn't read yours before I posted what I posted (copied what I posted on PSD)

Just, like, no. Please, god, no. HHH/Taker is going to be rushed enough if it's a "you made my friend retire, you suck" match.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Give Trips some of those 03, 20 min long promos to explain it all :p

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
PHX, you'd rather see HHH/Taker than those other two matches, but why? Because you know WWE will let them do what they want. Wade and Sheamus wouldn't be allowed to kick out of pedigrees or tombstones. Wrestling ability is one thing, but no matter how good you are, you only get to look as good as Vince will let you look. The fact that we all know HHH/Taker would automatically be a superior match, I think that's the underlying problem with the booking.
Because Taker/Barrett would be a below average match for one and it's not like he's gonna beat Taker at mania anyhow. He'll just be another guy on the list. Sheamus/HHH not only cause I rather see the actual match of HHH/Taker more but because Sheamus right now looks like Triple H would squash him in 30 seconds. They fucked up with Sheamus not pushing him correctly so imo they need to give him some more momentum so he looks like he got a shot cause right now he don't.

It's not automatically the better match because of booking it's automatically the better match because Taker/HHH are just better workers and def have enough left in them to make a great match on the biggest show of the year. You already got your emerging stars vs established stars matches on the card in ADR/Edge and Cena/Miz so it's not like that is missing from the show and don't have to make the majority of the show like that.

AF.

Reaction score
Thoughts on RAW:

- Holy shit, Cena's promo one of his very best in years. Just when I started thinking Cena couldn't get serious and couldn't get interesting he goes and cuts a promo like this and dare I say, cuts Rocky a new asshole. 10/10 stuff.
- HHH/Undertaker was very well done. Don't jump to conclusions, there will be a story. And this match is huge, and will be good, without a doubt. HHH outpopped the deadman, something not even Shawn Michaels could do.
- CM Punk/Orton feud progressor was done good. Time to put Orton on the mic too, though.
- Jerry Lawler/Michael Cole is the segment of the night. Just some great stuff here, and despite Cole using Lawlers mother, he did it extremely well to not go over the top with it. Throwing the drink in Lawlers face was a great touch.
- Main Event and outcomes were just blah. Strange booking. They should just have a contract signing between Cena and Miz and not over complicate the feud.

Very good RAW.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
I'm thinking there is a contract signing in the future but I'm not sure if it will be the WWE or World Title Match they do it for.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
HHH/Undertaker well done? What are you, on an acid trip? It was terrible! oh yeah it makes perfect sense for Triple H to come out with his pissed-off face with Undertaker. It's so damn random. Does he not care that Sheamus put him out for a year? Maybe that slipped his mind. I always forget when people give me life-threatening injuries too.

Plus, haven't they ever heard of a fuckin microphone? The entire segment was dull and dragging. I say around 7 minutes for the entrances of both guys ALONE, 5 minutes of just staring at each other, 1 minute 5 seconds of taunts, and 30 minutes of myself wanting to slap McMahon in the face.

AF.

Reaction score
HHH/Undertaker well done? What are you, on an acid trip? It was terrible! oh yeah it makes perfect sense for Triple H to come out with his pissed-off face with Undertaker. It's so damn random. Does he not care that Sheamus put him out for a year? Maybe that slipped his mind. I always forget when people give me life-threatening injuries too.

Plus, haven't they ever heard of a fuckin microphone? The entire segment was dull and dragging. I say around 7 minutes for the entrances of both guys ALONE, 5 minutes of just staring at each other, 1 minute 5 seconds of taunts, and 30 minutes of myself wanting to slap McMahon in the face.

:lmao cool story bro.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm gonna be honest, that HHH/Taker segment was very underwhelming. I realise they will build on it and explain the fued in coming weeks, but that staredown just made me cringe.

The rest of Raw was great, one of the best in a while. And as much as i love The Rock, Cena nailed it. But the high point of the show was Lawler/Cole. Marked for Lawler, not gonna lie.

Reaction score

You do know that microphones aren't needed to tell a story, don't you??

Two veterans staredown, face the big PPV sign, and show neither man will back down. Simple, effective booking.

Fuck sake a lot of people on this forum are chronic, habitual whingers.