Official Raw discussion thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Actually Wade going to SD wouldn't be a bad idea. Edge vs Wade in a feud for the World Title would be something i'd be interested in seeing.

Baller

Reaction score
Wade wins rumble, and switches to Smackdown to feud with Edge at Mania?

SAL

Reaction score
Or he could drag them all down to the shitter and jobber status like he did so well with the SES. It probably had more to do with SD writers sucking, but the fact is his only WWE led stable was a heap of shit and brought everyone including himself down a notch.

I much rather see Nexus and the guys get a chance to stand on their own and get a possible spotlight without Punk and Wade keeping them in their shadows. One of them might be able to emerge if given the chance like Dave did when he finally got out of the Legend Killer's shadow.

LOL. This is so PSYCH.

SES got "dragged down" because they didn't give him anything to do after the Rey feud. He's not responsible for Luke and Serena's booking. I don't know if you're aware of that. With this angle he's working with the #1 GUY IN THE COMPANY. If every member of Nexus doesn't become a main-eventer, that's because some of them aren't that fucking good. Jesus christ.

Baller

Reaction score
LOL. This is so PSYCH.

SES got "dragged down" because they didn't give him anything to do after the Rey feud. He's not responsible for Luke and Serena's booking. I don't know if you're aware of that. With this angle he's working with the #1 GUY IN THE COMPANY. If every member of Nexus doesn't become a main-eventer, that's because some of them aren't that fucking good. Jesus christ.

Scoreboard:

Sal - 1
PSYCH - 0

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They were used as crash test dummies and whipping boys for him. I have the same beef with the SES members in Gallows and Mercury that I had with Legacy until they were distanced from Randy, they were booked horribly and as nothing more than sacrificial lambs. It only made it worse that Mercury and Festus were more established.

The 5 guys in Nexus can't afford to be shown that way at this early stage and fresh off being humbled and destroyed by Cena in his return.

I'll hold my breath on them being taken seriously with Punk as their leader and Punk even being taken as seriously as Barrett was as a main event guy on Raw.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
LOL. This is so PSYCH.

I love post that have common sense in them.

Wade wins rumble, and switches to Smackdown to feud with Edge at Mania?
Pretty much expected this. Already thought he was gonna win the rumble anyways. He def is the favorite now.

SAL

Reaction score
I really doubt Wade wins the Rumble. I don't think he's there yet, and I can't see him winning it by himself, which it appears he'd have to do. I think they're setting up Punk to win the Rumble.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They were used as crash test dummies and whipping boys for him. I have the same beef with the SES members in Gallows and Mercury that I had with Legacy until they were distanced from Randy, they were booked horribly and as nothing more than sacrificial lambs. It only made it worse that Mercury and Festus were more established.

The 5 guys in Nexus can't afford to be shown that way at this early stage and fresh off being humbled and destroyed by Cena in his return.

I'll hold my breath on them being taken seriously with Punk as their leader and Punk even being taken as seriously as Barrett was as a main event guy on Raw.
Mid card group with a sorry booking team isn't the same as a main event group feuding with THE guy in the company. And last I checked Nexus already did get used as whipping boys hence why they revolted against Wade.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah, Nexus can't really go anywhere but up.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mid card group with a sorry booking team isn't the same as a main event group feuding with THE guy in the company. And last I checked Nexus already did get used as whipping boys hence why they revolted against Wade.

Nexus have been booked as more than whipping boys more often than not in their stay on Raw. They got booked to comedown to the end against a group off WWE vets in an elimination match. They won tag gold. They destroyed the upper mid card guys like Edge and Jericho (was where they were on Raw). They took out Vince even. They took over SD and went and did the same thing to NXT 2. They have been made to look more like a force than Punk himself ever has, which presents the problem.

Punk in ECW was booked weak and only got handed the title after Morrison got caught in the Signatures scandal. Punk as world champ on Raw was booked weak. Punk when he won the World title on SD was booked weak. Punk when he faced Taker was made to look weak. Punk was booked to look weak and be dominated as the leader of a stable in situations where he had a 4 on 1 advantage versus Rey and Big Show by themselves.

Something will have to give, and I get this sinking feeling that Nexus will be booked to look weak like Punk instead of Punk being booked to look strong like they have in the past.

SAL

Reaction score
Goddammit PSYCH. They were booked as a group that was worth way more than the sum of its parts. They beat up established stars? Yes, in FIVE OR SIX OR SEVEN OR EIGHT ON ONE ATTACKS. They were never over. They won the tag titles because Cena won it for them, and they lost to fucking Santino and Kozlov.

Stop posting.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nexus have been booked as more than whipping boys. They got booked to comedown to the end against a group off WWE vets in an elimination match. They won tag gold. They destroyed the upper mid card guys like Edge and Jericho (was where they were on Raw). They took out Vince even. They took over SD and went and did the same thing to NXT 2. They have been made to look more like a force than Punk himself ever has, which presents the problem.

Punk in ECW was booked weak and only got handed the title after Morrison got caught in the Signatures scandal. Punk as world champ on Raw was booked weak. Punk when he won the World title on SD was booked weak. Punk when he faced Taker was made to look weak. Punk was booked to look weak as the leader of a stable in situations where he had a 4 on 1 advantage versus Rey and Big Show by themselves.

Something will have to give, and I get this sinking feeling that Nexus will be booked to look weak like Punk instead of Punk being booked to look strong like they have in the past.
And despite all that about Punk he had more career accomplishments than most in his 4 year career which makes him a perfect leader because unlike Wade who they booked strong hadn't accomplished anything like Punk has.

And the whipping boy part was about near the end of the Barrett led Nexus. So like Sal said based on that they have no where to go but up. If you were thinking an Otunga led Nexus was gonna led to one of them breaking out like Rock did of NOD or Orton or Batista of Evolution then it was not gonna happen anyways.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
- At the end of Monday's WWE RAW from Albany, the Nexus crew attacked John Cena and beat him down badly. Out came CM Punk, who gave Cena the GTS, took a chair and sat in the middle of the ring. He picked up a Nexus "N" armband, put it on and saluted the rest of the Nexus crew on the stage - appearing to join the group.

WWE employee Joey Styles commented on Twitter about Punk joining Nexus, writing:

"Nexus merchandise sales are ringing up on wweshop.com as we speak. CM Punk has just taken over Raw! Straight Edge Rules!"

@TheNexusWWE, the official Twitter account of the Nexus group, wrote this after RAW:

"SURPRISE!!! You just got "PUNKED" @JohnCena!!"
:lol: @ Nexus merch selling. Awesome.

Reaction score
Called Punk joining Nexus or being the GM. Only liable way to give heat to a Punk/Cena feud. I'm still thinking Triple H is the bigger picture, would make a fuckload of sense for that to be the case.

As for Barrett? As I called earlier, Superstars awaits him, unless he goes face and teams with Cena to take down this new Nexus, or he could fall into line under Punk's guidance.