Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

^fucking prick? More like GOOD SHIT!

He can't pick a fight on the ice, why not pick on one off the ice??? :D

That's a stupid comment. The cab driver owed him 20 cents. Think about that. the motherfucker makes millions, and he worries about 20 cents?
Plus, it gives the league a bad name. I love the NFL, but this is the kind of shit that NFL Players do, that can give the NFL a bad name. Now some prick like Kane comes along and does this. Not exactly the kind of attention the NFL needs.
The cab driver should've run his ass over.

Wordlife

I know man I was only kidding...

he set a very bad example doing that... and the poor cab driver... its not even his fault. I do hope he does pay for what he did

MikeRaw

Too bad too, cause he's a great player. I'm not a Hawks fan, but he seems like he's usually a good guy. Must've been drunk as fuck, lol. Maybe Toews will straighten him out.

MikeRaw

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601
Preseason is underway, the season is around the corner, and the Leafs just made me the happiest dude on earth!
Phil fucking Kessel! He's only 21, and he scored 36 goals last year, and seeing as he couldn't manage to resign with Boston, we traded 2 first round picks for him, and resigned him to a 5 year, 27 million dollar deal.

Sure, we gave up 2 first round picks, but who cares? We can get them back in another trade, and it's not like we traded them for some old-ass. We got a 21 year old sniper out of it, who will only get better when he starts to reach his prime.

Can't fucking wait til the season! Kessel wont play til November, cause he's injured, but who cares. He'll be here for a long, long time.
I also love how the Leafs are tough as hell this year. Teams better keep their heads up with our defense. Komisarek, Exelby, White, Beauchemin, or Schenn will absolutely own anyone who comes inw itht heir head down. Not to mention Colton Orr, John Mitchell, Christian Hanson, and Andre Deveaux up front.
Gonna be a fun year.

Soulpower

I know its early, Detroit.

But still.. 0-2?

Not a good way to start the season.

MikeRaw

Detroit will have a tough year, man.
I still say theymake the playoffs, and even go far, but it won't be as easy. they lost Hossa, Samuelsson, and Hudler, among others, and they're not getting any younger. They're still a good team, but it won't be as easy.

Soulpower

After starting with two losses, the Wings have bounced back and they have won their last two by beating two teams that made the playoffs last season (Capitals and Blackhawks).

They'll face Buffalo on Tuesday, so here's hoping they can make it three in a row.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Embarassing performance from the Penguins the last two games this weekend. The Montreal game was horrible but the Washington game put it in perspective.

A 4-1 lead broken by an Ovie hat trick and an assist from Ovie for the win in OT.

The Pens have some work to do before the trade deadline. There's been rumors of trading Letang which I don't like but we need some more offensive fire power other than the big three in Crosby, Malkin, and Staal.

It's going to be one hell of a playoff run.

Wordlife

^dude, I know, I watched that whole game cringing

Ovi is a goddamn monster, but he seems to be a fucking puck-hog

Yes, I know he's one of the best in the league right now... the first break away one was all his, should have made that

The second one, no, should've passed

Third was that face-off goal which was nice

Overall, the whole game was great, how they gave up 3 unanswered pissed me off, Fluery was a bit off today. Not so happy with their offensive roll as of late

Staal with 2 though kinda made me happy, they have great puck movement, they just got out-played today :(

xtremebadass

Pittsburgh always hits a rough patch at this time of year. They always kick back into gear right at the playoffs...when it counts.

Wordlife

STILL sticking to my Hawks/Penguins

Been my dream Stanley Cup since motherfucking birth.... it's going to happen this year!

xtremebadass

Yea dude Penguins and Hawks would be godly. I would try and get tickets to the UC omg. Crosby and Malkin vs. Toews and P-Kane...I said it last year and will say it AGAIN!!!

Wordlife

I already have my Season-Tix for the Hawks like I do every year

But does that count for playoffs? LOL I only went to one Hawks playoff game last year, game 5 of the series between Hawks/Flames when they won 5-1

hmmm maybe I'll go this year more :)

Rated RJC

Reaction score
Pens/Hawks would be a great series, another Cup Final with Hossa where he loses would be beyond the word 'epic'.

Hockey playoffs these days are a sight to see with all the young talent in the NHL along with the mainstays like a Detroit. This year New Jersey looks to have the Pens' number so potential series with Pit/NJ and Pit/Wash spell huge ratings for the league.

I wish I could get some tickets for next year's season when Pittsburgh opens the new Consol Energy Center but they're probably the toughest ticket in town.

xtremebadass

Hossa would hold a record for making it to the Stanley Cup Final 3 years in a row which is remarkable...but he did it on 3 different teams. That is just crazy!