Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I think it's great that there is a game 7, but I can't help but laugh at the NHL. The NHL is so dead set on growing the game in the U.S., which might not be realistic, but it's obviously what they want to do. But things have been going their way in this post season. The Stanley Cup final probably couldn't have gone any better for the NHL. You have a big market team in Detroit, going up against one of the two stars that they want to build the game around. To top it off, it goes to a game 7. That's great for the NHL. With that being said, this game is taking place on a FRIDAY? I realize that it wouldn't be good for them to have it on Thursday going up against the NBA finals, but to me Friday seems like the very worst night of the week for a sports game.
What an idiot this guy is. This game was watched by over 9 million people in the U.S., the most since a game in 1973.

MikeRaw

^Although, to go back to your point, imagine if it was on Saturday? That's great for the NHL, that they got 9 million+ people to watch on a Friday, but if it had been a Saturday, I'm betting they could've got 11+ million.

chessarmy

So basically, the NHL is a work. Due to these ratings, expect the Penguins in the finals every year :laugh:

xtremebadass

WOW 9 Million people watched it? I wasn't aware that many people liked hockey any more. It was quite the Stanley Cup Final this year, it was actual part II of last year, that was probably a BIG factor in the attention this final got. Everyone, except for people living in Michigan, were probably cheering for the Pens, even if you hate Crosby, the Pens are a pretty damn good team.

Wordlife

no.. MikeRaw wasn't, he hates them!

HOW CAN YOU HATE FUCKING CROSBY!

xtremebadass

Well MikeRaw is canadian, he has the exclusive right to cheer for whoever he wants. When you are from Canada you have special rights when it comes to hockey.

Wordlife

yeah but omfg... you saw my statues and shit on facebook... you were basically the only one who said "YEAH! PENS!!! YEAH!" everyone was like Fuck Crosby, Fuck Penguins, Fuck Pittsburgh in general lol

MikeRaw

Free agency starts tommorow:)
In the meantime, the Montreal Canadiens acquired Scvott Gomez from the NY Rangers in exchange for Chris Higgins

MikeRaw

Flames signed Jay Bouwmeester to a 5 year, 33 million dollar deal (6.6 per year). Awesome stuff.

Bouwmeester-Regehr
Sarich-Phaneuf

Is a great top 4. Maybe a little overrated, but still a top defensemen. I love this. Can't wait to see what the leafs do.

MikeRaw

Fucking crazy offseason, man. It's not eveen Free Agency yet. We've already had Pronger to Philadelphia, Gomez to Montreal, Bouwmeester to Calgary, and now Heatley to Edmonton. Fuck, wait til tommorow with the free agancy.