Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

^ Mike, they had the lead all they had to do was hold it for another minute. Both goals that the Hurricanes scored came from defensive breakdowns by the Devils. I'm really trying not to bash anyone, I love my team. But when you get eliminated early year after year you have to figure something might not be right. Thats why I said most of the UFA's should go, to change things up a bit and bring some new faces to the locker room.

If we were tied with the Canes and they beat us in overtime, I wouldn't be nearly as pissed.

MikeRaw

Fair enough, but I don't think that'll change much. You guys will probably have to rebuild eventually anyway. With Brodeur getting older, once he's gone, your whole foundation of the past 15+ years will be gone, and you'll go through soem rough years. Might as well start early. But really, your only impact UFA that is coming up is Gionta, and I'd sign him if I were you. Letting him wak would be a huge mistake.
But, if you let him wlak and sign someone else, that'd be good. I don't know who you guys would sign though....

Soulpower

Red Wings already up 1-0 in their series against Anaheim, after winning 3-2 last night.

While today, game one in the Crosby-Ovechkin series (Featuring Pittsburgh and Washington >_>), went to the Capitals. Both Sidney and Ovechkin scored goals for their team, but it was Tomas Fleischmann who scored what ended up being the game winning goal in the 3rd period.

Canucks and Blackhawks play in about an hour, but no one cares about them.

MikeRaw

Man, this 2nd round is looking pretty sweet. Anaheim-Detroit is a good series (game 2 on right now) and Canucks/Blackhawks is also very good. And of course the dream match of Crosby/Ovechkin is awesome. That should be the best series of the playoffs. Game 2 should get even better.

Wordlife

Blackhawks/Canucks is turning out to be one hell of a series... I see my blackhawks taking it in 6 :)

niggles

Reaction score
I missed most of the Wings/Ducks game today. I got home and 3OT was just starting... the Ducks then scored in about 2 mins :mad:

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

chessarmy

My prediction for the Stanley Cup Finals:

Red Wings vs Hurricanes

Agreed?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Disagreed. Caps are winning the entire thing.

MikeRaw

Prediction:
Stanley Cup finals will be Caps/Blackhawks, with the Blackhawks winning.

Soulpower

^^^I told you the Wings let Anaheim win game three.

Last night, Detroit decided to simply CRUSH the Ducks, and that series is now tied at 2-2.

MikeRaw

Boooo... Although, if the Wings do win, a Hawks/Wings series would be great.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Man, OT, own goal... heartbreaking :(. The Caps LITERALLY had to beat themselves. Fuck the Penguins!

*Goes to cry Crosby-style.*