Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I am 110% for the Penguins, but I am not sure they can win 4 games against the Bruins, even after their remarkable comeback yesterday, I just am doubtful they will be able to knock out Boston.

niggles

Reaction score
Canes win! :D

f3d9596c1c1e3464b301f8772b36a7aa.jpg

niggles

Reaction score
lol sharks, lol flames

Wings/Ducks
Nucks/Hawks

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Caps with the comeback in the series, and the comeback in game 7 to advance! :D!

niggles

Reaction score
ROFL DEVILS

That was so epic to watch, it was like a mighty ducks movie or something.

Bruins/Canes
Caps/Pens

xtremebadass

That was a great shot by Federov with the winning goal for the Caps. They are going to make some noise. I was disappointed with Ovechkin's performance this game though, didn't seem like he realized it was game 7 to advance. I am still pulling for Crosby over the Caps in round 2. Canes vs. Bruins I don't give a crap about because Boston will smash them.

MikeRaw

Predictions:

Anaheim/Detroit... I'll be rooting for Anaheim, but I think Wings in 7.
Vancouver/Chicago.... Don't like either team, but I see Canucks winning in 7.
Pittsburgh/Washington... Probably gonna be the most entertaing series of them all. Pit in 6.
Carolina/Boston... Boston in 5.

chessarmy

Someone fucking kill me now. NOW! How can this group of veterans on the Devils allow something like this to happen? THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR LINE MATCHING SUTTER!!!

Fuck this, they better completely overhaul the roster next season. I want all the UFA's gone except Gionta. Sign a playmaking center and Lou, for the love of god, no more Mottau's and Havelid's, please sign a real d-man this off season. Our no name defense was eventually going to be our downfall and in game 7 it was. Both those goals could have been prevented...

:nonono: Embarrassing

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Crosby isn't going to beat Ovechkin. He talks too much shit, and Ovechkin is miles better than Crosby. I can see a couple of fights breaking out between the two. They're bad enough during the season, it's going to be intense in the playoffs.

MikeRaw

Someone fucking kill me now. NOW! How can this group of veterans on the Devils allow something like this to happen? THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR LINE MATCHING SUTTER!!!

Fuck this, they better completely overhaul the roster next season. I want all the UFA's gone except Gionta. Sign a playmaking center and Lou, for the love of god, no more Mottau's and Havelid's, please sign a real d-man this off season. Our no name defense was eventually going to be our downfall and in game 7 it was. Both those goals could have been prevented...

:nonono: Embarrassing

:rofl: Are you fucking joking me? This has nothing to do with you gusy being a bad team. One bounce the other way and you would've been in the 2nd round, and you would've been praising them. It was one goal that won them the series with 30 seconds left. To say our no name defense was the problem is stupid. In fact, from an unbiased view, most of the success you had, especially when Brodeur was out, was because of your no name defense. Chill out. You guys have a good team. There needs to be a few changes, but that's like every team. You were 30 seconds from going into OT, and having a good shot at winning, in which case you'd be in love with them.

Crosby isn't going to beat Ovechkin. He talks too much shit, and Ovechkin is miles better than Crosby. I can see a couple of fights breaking out between the two. They're bad enough during the season, it's going to be intense in the playoffs.
Ovechkin is a far better player, you're right. But I still think Pit will win. They have a big 3 of Malkin, Crosby, and Staal, as opposed to Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin. The big 3 for both teams is about even. But then Pittsburgh has Guerin, Sykora, and most importantly, Kunitz, whereas Washington doesn't have much in terms of secondardy stuff. They have like Brooks Laich, and Sergei Fedorov. Advantage Pens, but it could go either way.

chessarmy

:rofl: Are you fucking joking me? This has nothing to do with you gusy being a bad team. One bounce the other way and you would've been in the 2nd round, and you would've been praising them. It was one goal that won them the series with 30 seconds left. To say our no name defense was the problem is stupid. In fact, from an unbiased view, most of the success you had, especially when Brodeur was out, was because of your no name defense. Chill out. You guys have a good team. There needs to be a few changes, but that's like every team. You were 30 seconds from going into OT, and having a good shot at winning, in which case you'd be in love with them.

This defense... this defense... it lost the game, the series, the season. They aren't good enough, because when the games get important, they crumble. The talent level isn't there. Greene and Havelid out there with 1:20 left in a Game 7? Really? Mottau tries, bless his heart, but he isn't good enough. He isn't Chris Pronger. The bottom line is, we need a stud back there and what we had wasn't going to win a cup. Jaybou in the off season please...

Blame Brodeur on the 4th goal if you want, but that situation should never have happened. They should have cleared the puck and kept the score at 3-2. How do you leave a guy like that so open!?

They were an aggressive team all year. Then, in the playoffs, they suddenly turn into a passive, line-matching club. This team needs to learn to stick to their guns, and not just play a single way because "that's what the Devils do." That. Is. Wrong.

LET THEM PLAY!!! LET YOUR BEST PLAYERS DICTATE THE GAME!!!!!!! Don't keep them on the bench so you can linematch!!

MikeRaw

:roll2: Chess, that's pathetic. Oh well, you'll calm down eventually, but really, you guys have one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. Losing in Game 7 isn't a bad thing, especially when it was with a second left or whatever. Shame on you for bashing your team so hard, lol.

chessarmy

^ I'm happy we made it to game 7 and there is no doubt that the series was extremely close. I'm just venting because the Devils could have advanced but defensive mistakes prevented them from doing so.

MikeRaw

Right, but venting and saying the whole team needs to blow up, when with one goal it could've been you guys winning instead, looks incredibally stupid.