Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Sean Avery is a joke. He acts like a tough guy but when the other teams enforcer has something to say to him he just stares at the ref and acts like a doll. What a tool, disgrace to hockey. This is why the instigator rule and many other new nhl rules needs to get thrown out the door, Betmann and Campbell are clowns. There will be more Sean Avery's in the new NHL and it's pathetic.

Hockey use to be something so sacred and good, where the characters of men would shine and all that shit you heard in school about teamwork, hardwork and morales all that good stuff was displayed. Sitting down and watching it no matter how shitty or amazing your day would ALWAYS complete your day.

Now it's just all about the money, performing for your paycheque. Guys will turn coats at the first sign of a bigger cheque and why wouldn't they, they're forced to. If they don't leave someone else will and even if you were the guy who wanted to keep the chemistry together someone else will go and take that cheque you turned down then your numbers will dwindle the media starts attacking you then you're traded because the god damn cap can't be paying you if your not performing

I agree mostly. Avery is a first class dipshit, and tries to market himself instead of the game. He also thinks he's Mr.Hollywood, and bigger than the NHL.
However, don't let him ruin the image of the NHL.
Hopefully, if he ever plays the Flames, they'll put an end to him, and that'll be that.

omgwtfbbq. Colin's right. Back in the old days before Gay Bettman, hockey was a great sport. It's going downhill now.

Oh and if I had the decision, Avery would be out for the entire season + playoffs. I hate fucktards like him thinking he's an enforcer but really he's just a bully on skates.

Dude, Bettman has been in charge since 1993. And hockey was still great throughout the 90's.
Also, for anyone complaining about lack of fighting. The NHL has had more fighting majors this serason than any season since 2001-2002. So it's has far more fights, and even been more physical than 2002-2003, and 2003-2004.

Hockey is still a great sport. I love physicality and fights, and wish there was a bti more, but I can;t complain, because there are a ton of fights and big hits. It just depends what teams you watch.

The leafs, for example, are soft (I'm saying this cause you're from Ontario). Whereas if you watch a team liek Calgary (liek I do) or Anaheim, Philly, San Jose, Dallas, Vancouver, New Jersey, Minnesota, Chicago, and even some other teams, you can see good physical play.

chessarmy

My prediction: Devils win after Elias and Parise score to make it a 4-2 victory.

Meh, I was off. Devils won 2-1 instead of 4-2. Parise scored in overtime to clinch the victory!! I loved how Pierre Luc-Laterneu Leblond played, when he went out there he was a checking machine! Very physical player, awesomeness imo

But yea, great win. Hey Penguins....YOUR NEXT!

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Meh, I was off. Devils won 2-1 instead of 4-2. Parise scored in overtime to clinch the victory!! I loved how Pierre Luc-Laterneu Leblond played, when he went out there he was a checking machine! Very physical player, awesomeness imo

But yea, great win. Hey Penguins....YOUR NEXT!

How do you like my man sutter coaching the devils? (The reason i call him my man is because I use to know a guy who had season tickets and hed always take me to rebel games and he was the head coach for the red deer rebels)

I heard the team doesnt like him

chessarmy

^ Where did you hear that? I really like Brent Sutter as the coach, he's doing a great job with getting the best out of everyone on the team and his line combinations are great.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
^ Where did you hear that? I really like Brent Sutter as the coach, he's doing a great job with getting the best out of everyone on the team and his line combinations are great.

pretty sure someone on TSN said it right after they lost marty.

Brent sutter like every other Sutter was genetically built for hockey lol. When he was coaching the rebels he had Hanzal and the two baby Sutters and they were a lil above .500. Nothing too impressive but since he left the rebels have been a mess.

Sutter likes his defensive hockey so i thought he was a great addition to the devils and i hope he has along career their.

chessarmy

Another easy, sleazy, cheesy, breazy, feazy, win for the New Jersey Devils! A 4-1 win over the Pittsburgh Crosby and Malkins.

Devils scorers:

Zubrus
Parise (his 16th of the season, he's been extremely hot lately)
Elias
Zajac

Penguins Scorers:

Cook.

Go Devils!!!!

chessarmy

Another easy, sleazy, breazy, freezy, jeezy, geezy win for the New Jersey Devils!!!!

AND GUESS WHO WE BEAT!? THE NEW YORK MOTHER FUCKING smurf ASS RANGERS!!!! The score was 8-5, we LIT UP Henrik and finally got a clean win over those dumbasses that wear blue. I'm so happy the Devils beat them, FUCK YOU RANGERS!!!!

Hey Sabres, you're next!

MikeRaw

Leafs beat Sabres 2-1.
Flames are currently tied 2-2 with Panthers.

Good win for the leafs, as they made a comeback, and played hard all game.

And Chess, I saw bits of your Devils game, it was pretty crazy. What was there, 4 fights? Don't forget 13 goals, lol.

Edit: You do know I don't like the Rags, right? I just like pretending to to piss you off. Especially when they play the Devils. Pretty much hate them though.

chessarmy

^ it was pure awesomeness. The best Devils game of the season so far, without a doubt

MikeRaw

Wow, fuck.. First time in 14 year that the Leafs have not been on Hockey Night in Canada on a Saturday Night.
It blowed tonight. I had to watch some other games.

Also, the Flames weren't on either, so I had to watch Edmonton and Vancouver.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
my cable was fuzzy for cbc and that channel only. TV was just hating on CBC sorta wierd.

I watched some of the Montreal/Washington game, but i REALLY fucking hate Montreal's team this year. Not one of those players has a ballsack on them. Really fulfilling the stereotype. Just got angry watching it. I wish the habs fans would just cheer for a real figureheard of the sport, OV. That's what I was waiting for. He's just a complete player from top to bottom OV, Montreal needs to take notes.

chessarmy

Another easy....

DAMMIT! We lost to the Maple Leafs in a shootout. We really couldn't do anything about it though, Jason Blake scored an amazing goal to give the Leafs the lead in the skills competition.

:(