Official NHL Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I will not count out the Flyers completely, I would say they win 1 or 2 games tops, probably at the United Center because the Hawks are unstoppable on the road. HAWKS FTW

Bringing the Cup home!

Wordlife

Reaction score
STICKING TO IT... THIS IS OUR YEAR!

God I'm so pumped, got tickets to game two... surprise from the parents today! So excited!

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Nothing can stop the Hawks. Toews will become the first guy to win the Olympic Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup all in the same year.

the408kid

Reaction score
I'd say Hawks will win in 5. Their the best team in the league but the Sharks should've at least won a game in the series. Oh well at least we did make it to the 3rd round this year.

-Constantine

Reaction score
Chicago has Hossa, He's a bad luck magnet. He's done it two years in a row. This'll be three. Flyers in 6. They're a very good team that pulls through some very sticky situations.

I'll be hated for this lol, seems half of this forum is pro Chicago, the obvious favorites.

I personally am a Red Wings fan, always have been. I do like the Sharks they got McClellan from us and their team reminds me of the Avs days fueding with the wings. All they need is a little push I think and it'll be that all over again.

Now I'm forced into keeping my eye on Tampa Bay, cuz Stevie Y went to be GM.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I will not count out the Flyers completely, I would say they win 1 or 2 games tops, probably at the United Center because the Hawks are unstoppable on the road. HAWKS FTW

Bringing the Cup home!

The best thing ever is that the Leafs will be the longest team to ever go without winning the cup if Chicago wins and that makes me fucking smile.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I'll be hated for this lol, seems half of this forum is pro Chicago, the obvious favorites.

Favorites in hockey really does not mean anything. Most of the time the "favorites" end up losing. Capitals were heavy favorites, knocked out in the first round. Pens were the favorites, knocked out by the surprise lose to the Habs. Sharks were the top team in the West and ended up losing to the Hawks. Even the Habs were favorites against the Flyers, they lost too. That is why I refuse to refer to the Hawks as favorites, it's bad luck lol.

I will always be a Blackhawk fan though, there's alot of bandwagon jumpers here in Chicago. You ask them during the season how the Hawks are doing they would be like "WHO THE FUCK ARE THE HAWKS?" now those are the same people walking around town with a Kane jersey because it's the "in" thing. Other than that I am a Penguin fan to death :D

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I hate people who bandwagon and I hate people who think a top team = they will destroy in the playoffs.

the408kid

Reaction score
Usually when a team starts winning, front-runners will come hopping on. Around here when the Sharks were just playing in the regular season, not a lot of people cared but then when they started winning in the playoffs I saw a lot of people wearing Sharks shirts and jerseys until they lost to the Blackhawks in the Conference Finals, now you only see the hardcore fans sporting the teal again.

-Constantine

Reaction score
I've liked the sharks since they got McLellan because I knew that's when they'd start to really get in the race. He's a great coach.

-Constantine

Reaction score
Pavelski coulda played the wings by himself and beat us. The man was unstoppable.

I'm from MI. So we (Red Wings) move onto second round and everyone I know is like, Oh Sharks pffft, we're gonna kick their ass and send them packing. I swear I was the only person that was like ummm they're a pretty damn good team plus our old asst coach (who knows our team very well) is now their coach its gonna be tough. What happened we got our asses kicked.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
I still have no idea how the Hawks swept them. I didn't count the Hawks completely out though, I said Hawks would win in 7 if they would win at all. The Sharks were on fire with Detroit, that was one hell of a series that could have gone either way. I still rank Detroit and the Sharks' skill level above the Hawks, but if you got the magic you got the magic, and the Hawks indeed have the magic to pull them through, much like Pittsburgh last year.