• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official NBA Discussion Thread

lol, yes. It's the NBA DISCUSSION THREAD. Why would we start a new one?

Yeah thats what I was thinking but then I remembered the threads used to go in seasons, like their would be a thread for the 08/09 season and whatnot.

All I know is that the Grizz are probably gonna suck for another year. Gay-Mayo need another year to settle...D: This new guy they have from UConn is a pretty big presence inside though, that is the thing they've been completely screwed in since Pau left, although Marc is actually showing signs of BEAST mode, coming from last year.

Marc Gasol owns imo, I actually like the Grizzlies this year, they have Iverson so they own! He's already injured though, but its a minor injury. I think they could have a chance at making the playoffs but they wouldn't get far.

Not sure how the Pistons are going to go this year, they lost Rasheed and Iverson but have been doing quite well in the preseason, Ben Gordon is the man! I think we may see a Cavs/Celtics final this year, anybody but the Lakers please.

Soulpower

The Grizzlies will flat-out suck! There's only one basketball in the court, and Mayo, Gay, Iverson, and Zach "The Black Hole" Randolph will all want to take at least 20 shots per game. Its going to be a trainwreck.

Honestly, only the Magic, Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Spurs are contenders.

straight_edge76

Wow... The Season is already gonna start... It seems like only a week ago Blake Griffin (Who's a beast btw) was drafted lol. Well I want to see if he lives up to the #1 hype....

Enigma22

Reaction score
Yeah thats what I was thinking but then I remembered the threads used to go in seasons, like their would be a thread for the 08/09 season and whatnot.

Marc Gasol owns imo, I actually like the Grizzlies this year, they have Iverson so they own! He's already injured though, but its a minor injury. I think they could have a chance at making the playoffs but they wouldn't get far.

Not sure how the Pistons are going to go this year, they lost Rasheed and Iverson but have been doing quite well in the preseason, Ben Gordon is the man! I think we may see a Cavs/Celtics final this year, anybody but the Lakers please.

thats impossible since they are both in the eastern conference. i think it will be cavs/lakers. magic and celtics will both still be hard to beat tho. i think the cavs can do it tho.

lol, suposed to say I think we will see one of em make the final. Cavs Vs Celtics tomorrow, who do you guys think will win to kick off their season? Should be a good game, I think the Celtics could take it.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
My Cavs vs the Celtics tonight to open up the regular season.

Let see how Shaq does in his first ever regular season game as a Cav. Me and Enigma are talking so much shit this year.

Enigma22

Reaction score
^not really sure what you are talking about with shaq and kobe. they won 3 championships together. he worked well with wade too. i dont see why he would be bad with lebron.

and the cavs played well at first but then sucked till the end. i was really disappointed but they started out slow last year too. i was just hoping they would win at home. im not worried tho. lebron played well. i could tell they really missed delonte. parker is decent but they are not the same team with out delonte. they are still good without him but not as good as they could be. mo cant run the offense like delonte can.

straight_edge76

Well the way that he and LeBron may not work is Wade and Kobe, they were not the same kind of player as LeBron. LeBron is the best driver in the NBA and with Shaq posted up in the middle he wont have as many chances to do that. I am not saying they wont work. Which I believe they will just curious to see how LeBron reacts to having a force in the middle and not needing to drive so often

Enigma22

Reaction score
dwane wade was a driver too. he only started shooting outside shots the last few years. i think lebron will fit fine with shaq. he obviously wasnt the problem that the cavs lost the games.

^ The way LeBron played against the Celtics he deserved to win but the rest of the Cavs didn't, I'm suprised they lost again today to the Raptors, Lebron had another good game but you can't win if Lebron's the only guy out their for the Cavs going hard to get the win.

The mighty Pistons won! Hamilton and Gordon both played well, the rest of the team done okay, as soon as Preseason finished Kwame Brown went back to being shit! Marc Gasol was good for the Grizzlies but not good enough, could have been a different outcome if Iverson was able to play.