Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

b52ravens

Reaction score
nahhhh we got bigs now, should be closer... i hope

Enigma22

Reaction score
brandon bass isnt that good. i think the celtics and cavs can both beat the magic. the cavs match up much better this year although jameer nelson could still give us problems. i think the cavs are the better team. celtics will probably be the team to beat in the east since they added rasheed and will have kg back. cavs can beat them tho i think.

b52ravens

Reaction score
damn, bass is ok as long as he isnt starting. dwight howard will hide his defensive weaknesses on the other end while he'll give us a nice option. damn i swear, if the magic got kobe/lebron/wade then people would still talk about "aw yea cavs and celtics got it"

Klide

Man my Rockets are starting to blow now...
Yao is most likely injured for the whole season and we didnt even re-sign Von wafer wats up with that.

Enigma22

Reaction score
damn, bass is ok as long as he isnt starting. dwight howard will hide his defensive weaknesses on the other end while he'll give us a nice option. damn i swear, if the magic got kobe/lebron/wade then people would still talk about "aw yea cavs and celtics got it"

hes supposed to start and they are gonna move rashard lewis to the 3. i like that match up with lebron on lewis and varejao on bass a lot better then varejao on lewis. then we got shaq on dwight and delonte on vince carter. we got 4 legit defenders there. im only worried about nelson. the magic bench has improved tho. gordot is way overrated but barnes will help and they will probably move lewis to the 4 then barnes is in.

lol and the best player on the rockets this year is gonna be ariza and he cant be the first or second scorer on a team for him to be effective just like artest imo. the rockets will probably win around 20 games this year. maybe less.

Klide

hes supposed to start and they are gonna move rashard lewis to the 3. i like that match up with lebron on lewis and varejao on bass a lot better then varejao on lewis. then we got shaq on dwight and delonte on vince carter. we got 4 legit defenders there. im only worried about nelson. the magic bench has improved tho. gordot is way overrated but barnes will help and they will probably move lewis to the 4 then barnes is in.

lol and the best player on the rockets this year is gonna be ariza and he cant be the first or second scorer on a team for him to be effective just like artest imo. the rockets will probably win around 20 games this year. maybe less.

Very true.. only person who can take a team like the rockets(present) to the playoffs possibly the finals would be LeBron so u dont mind if we just snatch him from u guys dont you :cheezy:

Enigma22

Reaction score
Very true.. only person who can take a team like the rockets(present) to the playoffs possibly the finals would be LeBron so u dont mind if we just snatch him from u guys dont you :cheezy:

even with lebron they wouldnt be amazing. they got no big guys at all without yao. they would be a playoff team tho if they were in the east. they might make it in the west cause a few teams like the hornets and the jazz and the suns have gotton worse.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I have no clue why LeBron had Nike take the video away, the dunk wasn't even that bad.

NJ/Brooklyn Nets for the ship in 2011. We're going all the way...in 2 years.

Klide

I have no clue why LeBron had Nike take the video away, the dunk wasn't even that bad.

NJ/Brooklyn Nets for the ship in 2011. We're going all the way...in 2 years.

Same here man it just makes them look more stupid. its the internet the vid is gonna be leaked any way and b52ravens are gonna show us.:grin_1:

Klide

even with lebron they wouldnt be amazing. they got no big guys at all without yao. they would be a playoff team tho if they were in the east. they might make it in the west cause a few teams like the hornets and the jazz and the suns have gotton worse.

Hey now we got Carl Landry one of the most underated C/PF in the leauge imo
I wouldnt say that now we made it to semi conf finals with Mcgrady(which wouldnt make a difference) Motumbo and Yao

Enigma22

Reaction score
landry is solid but im saying they need a bigger guy who can change shots in the paint. him and scola are their only bigger guys and they are only 6'9". landry is a good defender but hes not gonna do anything against a bigger center or PF. they dont have mutumbo and yao anymore and mcgrady will be out for like half the year and chances are he will end up getting hurt again so they really have no one. they only scorers they will have will be brooks and scola and neither of them are great. idk how they are gonna beat anyone without a real scorer. they got some good players but they dont have a big scorer that they would need to even make the playoffs.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The Rockets will be OK, but they'll only be a low seed if you're thinking playoffs. They could pick up a good center with a trade, but I think they need someone that can score. Ariza, Battier, Scola and Landry are defense/energy guys. Brooks looks like the only real big scorer for them.

Does anyone else hate how all of these teams are saving money "for 2010"? They're going to be horrible next year and won't have a shot at a big FA anyway The only person I see making a big move is Bosh. Lebron and DWade aren't going anywhere.

Klide

landry is solid but im saying they need a bigger guy who can change shots in the paint. him and scola are their only bigger guys and they are only 6'9". landry is a good defender but hes not gonna do anything against a bigger center or PF. they dont have mutumbo and yao anymore and mcgrady will be out for like half the year and chances are he will end up getting hurt again so they really have no one. they only scorers they will have will be brooks and scola and neither of them are great. idk how they are gonna beat anyone without a real scorer. they got some good players but they dont have a big scorer that they would need to even make the playoffs.
yeah I know wat u mean rockets are pretty much screwed for the next 3 years 5 years max and I blame T-smack

Enigma22

Reaction score
The Rockets will be OK, but they'll only be a low seed if you're thinking playoffs. They could pick up a good center with a trade, but I think they need someone that can score. Ariza, Battier, Scola and Landry are defense/energy guys. Brooks looks like the only real big scorer for them.

Does anyone else hate how all of these teams are saving money "for 2010"? They're going to be horrible next year and won't have a shot at a big FA anyway The only person I see making a big move is Bosh. Lebron and DWade aren't going anywhere.

how do u think the rockets will be in the playoffs? i dont even think they will win 30 games. they might not even win 20. they got good defense but that only goes so far. plus they wont be as good defensively as last year without artest and yao. they got no one who can score 20 points a game until t-mac comes back and he hasnt even done well the last few years. if they trade for a solid center im sure they will have to give up battier, scola, or landry so that would hurt them but they do need a center. they really have no hope for this season imo.