Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

circle

Reaction score
Well Barkley has a point, but it would only apply to a few people. Not me, but Lebron didn't indicate leaving only that 7/1/2010 is a big day for him.

Love the chuckster, but LBJ is the now, and as a superstar and the talent he has...he is entitled to say what he wants...

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol so thats how u injure yourself while ur eating an apple. i didnt think it was possible :buu:

man_on_the_moon

Reaction score
So...

Its pretty obvious, Kobe Bryant is on the decline. In terms of value, Andrew Bynum is more important at this point. Hopefully he opts out, and signs elsewhere...gives us a chance to grab Lebron, or maybe a Joe Johnson in 011. More than likely wont happen, but like I said, Bryant is on the downside of his career, and its pretty obvious.

and YES, I'm being dead serious

Lebron at 23 years old >>>>>>> Kobe now....:sad:

Qwake

^ Hey Rell...?

Fuck, the Pistons have been losing quite alot lately but the Lakers lost to the Kings so :D

PeepShow

lmao @ the Lakers. How the fuck can they beat the great teams but lose to teams like the Pacers and Kings. Terrible.

man_on_the_moon

Reaction score
lmao @ the Lakers. How the fuck can they beat the great teams but lose to teams like the Pacers and Kings. Terrible.

lol its nothing new, this has been our formula for years, even during the 3 peat.

our record against the Bobcats since they became an NBA franchise, is 2 and 4....rofl, we're the ONLY team with a losing record against the bobcats.

Soulpower

The Phoenix Suns completed a deal with the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday to acquire high-scoring swingman Jason Richardson.

The multiplayer deal requires the Suns to part with forward Boris Diaw and defensive ace Raja Bell, two mainstays from the team that averaged 58 wins over the last four seasons under former Suns coach Mike D'Antoni.

The Suns also received a future second-round pick from the Bobcats and forward Jared Dudley while sending Sean Singletary to the Bobcats.

I love this trade for Phoenix. Raja is no longer the defensive stopper he once was, and he's been giving the Suns next to nothing offensively. As for Diaw, he doesn't play D, and he's been pretty bad these past couple of seasons. Phoenix has another legit perimeter scorer to play alongside Nash.

man_on_the_moon

Reaction score
I like the trade for Charlotte, frees up cap space, thing is, who the hell is going to sign with the Bobcats? They could throw a max deal at me, and I'd still sign with another team, figuratively.

jerkin off with pine-sol > playing for a Michael Jordan led team (GM Jordan, not as a player)

Wordlife

yeah its a great trade, sad to see Raja go... he was great, but this year he hasn't stepped up his game as expected, so I could understand. JRich is a great offensive AND defensive player, and his awareness on the court will maybe help Nash, Marion, and Amare maybe win a championship sometime soon... they have a good legit scorer, and defensive threat to compete against the likes of the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, etc as in the past

Enigma22

Reaction score
thats gonna help the suns a lot. i always like raja bell but idc about him really. idk if they are gonna be an elite team but they are gonna be solid. they arent deep enough to be an elite team...

circle

Reaction score
Phoenix loses Diaw (lazy), Singletary (who?), and Bell (declining) for Jared Dudley (savvy), and J-Rich (Lots of O...no D). The moves help both teams...hopefully for Diaw he can play more and show something like he did in 2006. Phoenix benefits, but it doesn't put them in the elite...they are still in the middle of the pack.

Rell

Reaction score
Celtics >> Lakers > Cavs > Magic

do we all agree, these are the best teams in the league?

I would put Denver at the 5, but I dont trust them yet.

Soulpower

^^^Sounds about right.

Pretty much all the teams that can be the 5th best team in the league have a flaw. Denver (Come on, its The Thuggets!), Spurs (Too old), Blazers (Too young), Detroit (Lol), New Orleans (They still need a legit SG), Houston (Either T-Mac or Yao will spontaneously combust).

Then there's Utah, but I just don't like them

exC.On

Reaction score
Yeah, agree with those teams. But when it comes down to playoffs anything can happen.

I see pistons progressing down the season.