Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

The Thunder is the best all around team in the NBA.

Team Pic

bball.jpg

Dre

Reaction score
Rajon Rondo just scored a career high 26 points against the Knicks. And the only team that I think can beat the Celtics winning streak is Lakers since that their only competition.

Enigma22

Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/celtics/schedule/

Which team do you guys think will beat the Celtics to break their winning streak?

Not sure with lakers here, but Imma go with Blazers, just have a feeling. Or else this thing could go on for awhile.

the cavs can definitely beat the celtics and so can the magic. the celtics lost to the pacers and the pacers suck so its not like the celtics are unbeatable. they are just fucking good lol.

Rell

Reaction score
hoopsworld said:
The question has come up a million times and was discussed at some length by a Lakers source today. Are the Lakers, who have been struggling of late, looking to make a move?

It seems they are, as our source told us today that there are a couple is issues going on behind the scenes that could lead to a major roster move. Of course, there has been plenty of talk about the team moving Lamar Odom, and it makes a degree of sense to link the Lakers with the Charlotte Bobcats in this area. The Bobcats are shopping basically everyone, and Gerald Wallace could solve some problems that are currently facing the Lakers.

Let's be clear - trading Odom would have nothing to do with Lamar himself wanting to leave. In fact, he told HOOPSWORLD over the weekend that he would stay in LA for less money just to continue as a Laker. That feature is coming soon, so watch for it.

No, this is about what Phil Jackson sees his team needing to gear up for what many believe will be another showdown with the Boston Celtics . . .and Paul Pierce. Gerald Wallace is a piece who would not only help contain Pierce, but also keep him busy on the defensive end.

The other issue facing the team right now, as you can probably guess, is that a couple of the guys who signed huge contracts over the summer are trying to do too much. Andrew Bynum and Sasha Vujacic feel like they need to score a lot of points to justify their deals, but the team doesn't necessarily need that from them. Points are good, but defense and, in the case of Vujacic, facilitating the offense more is what's called for.

There is also the Farmar issue, which is looking like a long-term problem for LA. While Jackson talks about this kind of injury often being a 2-3 games out kind of thing, Farmar is telling people he won't rush back. The meniscus is an injury that can damage a player long-term if they come back too soon. Farmar told reporters recently that he understands this is a business, and he doesn't want to risk his long term employment picture by coming back too quickly this season.

It sounds like the Lakers may be in the market for a point guard, as well.
LINK http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11016

Farmar out for 8 weeks

rumor has it, Lakers and Bobcats are discussing a deal that would send Odom's expiring contract to Charlotte, for Gerald Wallace, and Ray Felton :eek:hmy:

Wordlife

^wouldnt that be somethin

Lakers almost lost tonight too

I see them losing on Christmas though

Rell

Reaction score
^wouldnt that be somethin

Lakers almost lost tonight too

I see them losing on Christmas though

lol honestly, there is no way LA beats Boston. I'll be surprised if it isnt a blowout.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya when u look at LA's team, they really arent great. if it wasnt for kobe they would be about as good as the timberwolves. when they play the celtics KG or perkins will shut down gasol cause gasol is soft as fuck. bynums overrated and wont do any better then perkins if that good even. rondo is better right now then fisher. the lakers are just slightly deeper then the celtics but the celtics have better players...

Dre

Reaction score
The Lakers needs someone besides Kobe who don't have a problem going in on the inside and is also able to hit the mid-long range shots sucessfully. And that where Gerald Wallace fits in.

Wordlife

^oh man true that shit... Gerald Wallace is solid, but idk, idk if anyone can stop the Celtics right now this year, or maybe even next year.... the only good East teams are the Lakers, Nuggets, and Hornets... Spurs and Suns both suck nuts... Rockets are improving... but NO team will beat the Celtics this year either

Rell

Reaction score
WOWZAS

So I've come to a conclusion, either

A) the Lakers only play hard when they want to

B) plays to the level of their opponent (great when facing great teams, bad when facing bad teams)

or C) are a great home team, and an average road team

either way, holy fuckin shit, WE ENDED BOSTONS 19 GAME WINNING STREAK

Enigma22

Reaction score
also either way that was a great game. even tho i hate gasol and i think bynum is overrated i really wanted the celtics to lose.

the cavs and wizards actually had a really good game too. the cavs came back in the last minute and shut down the wizards down the stretch. the wizards suck and probably shouldnt have even been in the game but the cavs came out on top in the end and thats all that matters. atleast they had an interesting game for once too.

Beer Money Army

heat beat bulls by 13...

4 win streak... cleveland is next on the list to be win #5

Enigma22

Reaction score
^lol cleveland plays them tomorrow and tuesday. cleveland will win both games easy... :sleep_1:

Rell

Reaction score
Enigma seems quite confident for a fan of a team WHO HASNT BEATEN ANYONE :rolleyes:

dont believe me?

The Cavaliers schedule has been so easy so far that 16 of their 22 wins have come against teams with below .500 records.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/95144-the-cleveland-cavaliers-havent-beaten-anyone-yet

article is still relevant, and accurate

and lol @ Bynum being overrated, he's a 21 year old Defensive player of the year candidate. You cant expect him to put up 20 and 10 consistently, on a team with Kobe and Pau, which happens to be the highest scoring team in the league by the way. He does his job which is block shots, and protect the rim. He's had about 2 legitimately bad games, which came when he got in foul trouble, and only played around 9-15 minutes.

Just sayin...