• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official NBA Discussion Thread

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
They need to trade Ainge instead.

Reaction score
Why trade Ainge? He took a franchise that had been irrelevant since Bird had retired and made it a championship team. Rondo isn't as good as people make him out to be. He's a poor man's Tony Parker with slightly better passing skills and less scoring aptitude. He's still young and they will get more for him than they will the aging core. You move the moveable and take it on the chin till the end of the season if what you acquire doesn't make you're team immediately better. Garnett and Allen are a combined 30 million coming off the books this season. Allen might be had for a team looking for an expiring but for 10 mill, his shooting ability and clutch factor make him a little more valuable than an aging Garnett. I don't think any team takes on KG's salary, too high and no contender has the cap space or want to face the luxury tax for him. And I definitely don't see a team taking on Paul Peirce's bloated tract this far in his career. He's more than likely to retire a Celtic. Rondo is the only one they can get building blocks for.

As far as Monta, good luck on the team that gets him. If he would be a Lou Williams type player. i.e, a 6th man that is the leading scorer, he serves a purpose. As a starting 2 guard that halts all ball movement, he's not a logical fit on any successful team. Want a player that can snag 24 ppg, take him. Want a team that finishes above .500, avoid him like the plague.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Perkins, Big Baby, Tony Allen and Nate Robinson. That's all I can think of but I know there's more. Ainge brought in a bunch of old dudes on the decline, the big 3 are no more. Celtics probably will make the playoffs at 7th or 8th, but will get bounced in the first round by Bulls or Miami. Celtics will get worse if they trade Rondo and most likely Allen will be involved in the trade to make it worth something.

Reaction score
Yes, but there was a time when The Red Sox and Patriots were running jokes in Boston and all the Bostonites had were the Celts. Well for the better part of the near twenty year period since Bird's retirement, the Celts were basically irrelevant bottom feeders. Ainge took a once glorious franchise and placed it on the mantle with the Sox and Patriots and made Boston Sports City, USA. It doesn't matter how he did it, he did it. Won a title and had them 12 minutes and some bullshit reffing away from a second in three years and he put that team together with shrewd moves. He has been a top 5 GM since 2007.

With the restoration job he did for the Celts and with stars seemingly only wanting to play for major markets, if Ainge moves Rondo, lets Garnett and Allen go, he has near or over 45 milli in cap space. That's more than any major market sans maybe New Jersey. You don't think he's going to make a run at D Will and Dwight Howard? They might not be their reported desired destinations, but Ainge could possibly sell them on being the next generation to carry the lofty Celt tradition and with the captain as the lone holdover from not only the successful but the dark days, they have a "Big 3" and leadership. I don't think it out of the realm of possibility.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Why trade Ainge? He took a franchise that had been irrelevant since Bird had retired and made it a championship team. Rondo isn't as good as people make him out to be. He's a poor man's Tony Parker with slightly better passing skills and less scoring aptitude. He's still young and they will get more for him than they will the aging core. You move the moveable and take it on the chin till the end of the season if what you acquire doesn't make you're team immediately better. Garnett and Allen are a combined 30 million coming off the books this season. Allen might be had for a team looking for an expiring but for 10 mill, his shooting ability and clutch factor make him a little more valuable than an aging Garnett. I don't think any team takes on KG's salary, too high and no contender has the cap space or want to face the luxury tax for him. And I definitely don't see a team taking on Paul Peirce's bloated tract this far in his career. He's more than likely to retire a Celtic. Rondo is the only one they can get building blocks for.

This can't be for real. You seriously think Parker is better than Rondo? Obviously it all depends on the night and game, but I would much rather have Rondo than Parker at this point. Rondo has improved twofold from last year and is getting to the basket a lot more this year. He's the best player on the team. Why would you trade away one of the 5 best PGs in the league who is still really young, especially knowing you're not going to have Allen/Garnett next year. You need to build around him. PGs don't just grow on trees. I would say there's really only five ELITE PG's in the league.

1. Rose
2. Paul
3. Williams
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo

6. Nash
7. Parker
8. Irving
9. Lin
10. Jennings/Wall/Kidd

Obviously you would be freeing up cap space by letting him go, but I would just much rather have a young PG who is improving every year than two or three role players in return that won't get you anywhere in the long run.

edit- and after I type this Rondo backs up my point by having the best game of any PG this season. 18 points, 17 rebounds, 20 assists. What a fucking beast. And I hate the Celtics. This guy is just good.

Reaction score
To be a little more specific, his offensive game is a poor man's Parker. Your rankings are wrong if your basing it on this season and your full of it if you think Rondo is better than Parker this season or last. Rondo regressed last year, he had injuries, but he was their fourth or fifth leading scorer. But look where the Spurs finished last year and look where they are now. We can split hairs on how the outcome was for each in the p.os but if the Spurs drew the Knicks in the 1st, I imagine they sweep them too.

And he's the best player on his team? Serious? Dude is outscored by all three of the big three. Peirce is having a very solid season, 18, 5 and 5. He's not the best player on that team. 4th scoring options NEVER are. Rondo and his stats are the benefits of having three HOFers around him. He has a role, plays it well but I don't see how he is better than Parker NOW.

I'm not basing this on bias, I'm basing it on the evidence and the fact that I do find Rondo slightly over rated. If the Celts core is aging, he should step his game up offensively and prove why he is indispensable instead of what I think his stats are based on; benefits of being surrounded by three HoFers. Plus, if you can move him for things that might help in a sign in trade for either D Will or Dwight, you fucking do it. If you land one, the other will follow. Peirce's contract is a year or two shorter and he is still a formidable scoring threat and brings leadership. Rondo doesn't bring either of those traits to the table and D Will is a superior point guard who does everything Rondo does, but better. Is it worth keeping him around for a team that is looking like they will get bounced in the first round? No. Take the losses this year, let Allen and Garnett go. Trade Rondo for a pick or two and some decent young talent. Flip that talent and those picks to either New Jersey or Orlando to be able to offer either of those guys the team exclusive max and land the other.

There's no evidence that Rondo's a franchise guy. Rondo is a faster Mark Jackson, a solid no. 2 player but not a franchise guy. There's nothing to support those notions. Put him on a team with less firepower and see how he does. Will his assist numbers improve? Will his scoring increase without his fg% decreasing? Can he be the man? Either the Celts find out by keeping him or they let someone else take the risk so they can take the risk to get the leagues best center and one of the best PGs.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
This can't be for real. You seriously think Parker is better than Rondo? Obviously it all depends on the night and game, but I would much rather have Rondo than Parker at this point. Rondo has improved twofold from last year and is getting to the basket a lot more this year. He's the best player on the team. Why would you trade away one of the 5 best PGs in the league who is still really young, especially knowing you're not going to have Allen/Garnett next year. You need to build around him. PGs don't just grow on trees. I would say there's really only five ELITE PG's in the league.

1. Rose
2. Paul
3. Williams
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo

6. Nash
7. Parker
8. Irving
9. Lin
10. Jennings/Wall/Kidd
Holy shit your top 10 sucks, lmao.

How do you put Kyrie Irving ahead of John Wall? How do you put Jeremy Lin over Wall? How do you put either of those two over Jennings? Westbrook? Why? Because he's a scorer? If you're gonna knock Wall for anything, you have to knock Kyrie Irving for the same stuff. And Nash, you're being overly generous to him based on what he has done in his career. He's still a very good PG, and definitely top 10, but he's not as high as you listed him.

Top 10 PG's are:
1. Rose
2. Paul
3. Williams
4. Rondo
5. Parker
6. Westbrook
7. Wall
8. Jennings
9. Kidd
10. Nash

@Enzo, Rondo IS better than Parker at this point, slightly. As a scorer, Parker is superior, but a distributor and on defense, Rondo's got a crazy edge... ESPECIALLY basing it off of this year.

Reaction score
^^^Split hairs, friend. I'll take 19 and 8 over 14 and 10 and a 25-11 record over a few games over .500 on a team where he isn't even a top 3 scoring threat. People want to write the Celts off as old, the Big 3 are producing pretty fucking well. Tony's the undisputed best player on his team, Gino was playing balls to the wall, gets injured and what does TP do? Grabs the mantle and makes a team of no names and Tim Duncan the scariest looking possibility come seasons end and have had the second strongest schedule thus far and are the second best in the West. It's just a tough sell to me that Double R, right now, is better than Tony Parker. The stats, team record and MVP rankings just tell a different story.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I'd probably stick with peeps top 10 but I'd swap Westbrook with Parker and Irving with Lin. Westbrook just isn't a natural PG, the guys a hog tbh and turns the ball over way to much. I agree with Wall being overated, never been a fan and tbh he'd be lucky to make my top 10 up against Jennings and Kidd. While we're talking about point guards, D-Will dropped 57, pretty insane, the shots he made were sick too.

Now onto Parker and Rondo, I think Parker's the better player, he's easily a better scorer and while Rondo gets shitloads of assists you can't say he'd do so without the big 3s help. The main thing Parker has on Rondo is his leadership, since Manu's been out Parkers been playing out of his skin and lead the team to alot of wins, he's in the MVP talks for a reason. I think trading Rondo wouldn't be a bad idea, he's pretty much the only tradeable player on the team so their best hope is to get something good for him and hope to rebuild or get enough tradeable pieces in return to have a go at Howard or Williams. Rondo's a good player but I feel he needs a good team around him to be at his best, he can't lead the team himself.

Also just gonna say that the West is crazy yet again, never know who's gonna make the 8 thats how tight it is. Who do you guys think will make it?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The Celts aren't even that good. The big three is having such an off year. Rondo's evolved from the 4th best player to the best player on that team.