Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Bosh received the largest contract of the 3 in case the salary cap issue happened and someone had to be cut. They were sure they'd have more success based on LeBron and Wade than with Bosh. It's not "collusion" in the sense you're getting at, Enzo. All team sports with caps do it. That win-now mindset takes over and you bring in someone you can afford short-term with the idea that if his contract gets in the way, it's time to cut him. All teams knew the NBA would be restructuring the cap after this last season... Miami took advantage of what was there while it was there hoping they had a big-3. The only "shady" shit is why they didn't structure the contracts based on actual league representation, giving Wade & Bron the highest contracts and Bosh the lowest of the 3. But it was smart of them to structure around the cap, because, let's be real... who takes a chance on Bosh when Bron can at least get you to the playoffs and Bosh had never done that himself?

My question is, who has heard of an ETO 1 year into a 7 year deal?? That's unheard of.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'd give the Heat/Bulls Game 1 in the playoffs a *** 1/2 rating
Heat/Mavericks game (3? ...The 4th QT Comeback Game) a **** 1/4 rating.

I think Derrick Rose was Babyface of the Year.
Shaq was manager of the year.
Heat were best heel stable.

Best NBA Angle of the Year: Lebron Joins The Heat and All that other shit with the 3.

Reaction score
Blame the lockout and the new CBA that will come of it.
No. They all hold ETOs for 2014. Had to do some quick research, I just thought you guys knew something I didn't. It's unheard of because it's never happened and isn't happening. I knew if something that big were to happen it wouldn't have just been passing news, the scrutiny would be everywhere. As I originally thought and have confirmed is the Heat are strapped to these three for the next three seasons unless someone is moved or decides to restructure their deal. The Heat are still in a bad spot in regards to signing decent role players to put around them.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^They're not going to RELEASE Bosh... but he will be traded... ESPECIALLY with the Hard Cap in place.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Anybody still here that likes the NBA? Thoughts on everything from the lockout ending, trades, signings starts to the season from all the teams and whatnot?

Kobes dropped 40+ in his last four games, Miami on a 3 game losing streak with LBJ still playing crap in the fourth quarter this season although his overall numbers are up from last season, Rose and the Bulls started well and I think could be real contenders this year with Boozer playing better thus far. Discuss? Or have all my NBA talkin members left me!?

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
My thoughts are pretty simple.

DA BULLSSSSSSSS

Reaction score
I still LOVE the NBA. It' still my favorite league, I'm just really sad that the season is bastardized for basically no changes whatsoever. The players still have too much power and it's basically a market driven league. A league like that is designed for failure. BUT as far as this season goes:

In the West, it's OKC and whomever is healthiest at the end of this marathon season. LA, SA, LAC and Portland could all be breathing down the Thunder's necks. If Manu hadn't injured his shooting hand, the Spurs would be the scariest team coming down the stretch. He was playing balls to the wall and shooting like a godly 65% from the field. And now he's basically got the second worst possible injury he could have. Lakers...not so scary, Kobe isn't going to defer to his bigs like he should and you're going to see his ratio of 6 for 24 games to 45%+ games be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7:1 and they will get snuffed in the playoffs. I don't know if Stern is stupid enough to allow a bullshit trade with Orlando to get Howard to LA when he's really in the hot seat.

Out East it's between the Bulls and Heat and no one else. The 76ers could be a real pain in the ass though. Celts are just too old and New York is a fucking facade. They went and over paid for an over rated "defensive" center with injury issues but they forgot one thing, they cut the only other player on the roster that could play d. Baron Davis could be the X factor, but the thing is the coach knows nothing about D, the two best players aren't team oriented players, nor leaders and the rest of the roster is trash.

Durant's getting the MVP award.
Rubio is already running away with the ROY.
Hadn't Manu gotten injured, Pop would be COY but it's going to be Adleman, mark my words.

Reaction score
Agreed with OKC as would pretty much anyone else, I really don't see LA contending this season, SA, LAC, Denver and Portland are who I think will do well in the West, SA are always a great team, Manu was playing insane untill his injury but TD is still playing well and Jeffersons been doing better this season from what I've seen. LAC, whats to say, CP3, Mr Big Shot, Caron Butler, Blake and Deandre Jordan, plus there bench isn't bad either they're gonna do well, especially in years to come. Denver, theyve started the season well but I think with the depth they have its gonna help alot with this short schedule, it'd help alot more if they still had Smith, Chandler and Martin. Same with Portland. Any thoughts on the Mavs team for this season?

Peeps Bulls I feel are the best in the East followed by Miami but I could see the 76ers causing a few upsets this season, maybe even the Pacers too. Orlando aren't doing anything and the Hawks will do the same as the last couple seasons. The Celtics are waaay too old, and this short schedule really shows that although Rondo's still been playing well and Ray Allen alongside him, the rest of the team not so much. Completely agree about the Knicks. Also on my pistons, its gonna be another frustrating season!

MVP will either be Durant or Lebron, don't think Rose will be getting it again like many have said. I'm going with LBJ.
ROY easily Rubio as you've said, be bs if Irving got it.

Nice to see your still here Enzo, hopefully we can bring a little more talk to this thread lol only place I really talk basketball.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Durant is a monster... that's all I really have to say about this season with the state of the Wizards, lmfao.

The Wizards' starting line-up should be Wall, Young, Singleton, Booker, & McGee... keep Turiaf, and Vesely, and get rid of everyone else from the front office & coaches. Andray Blatche is the biggest joke since Kwame Brown... and Rashard Lewis is trash... absolute trash. I just wish they actually had something to offer a true star at the 3, because Wall is going to need a monster of a scorer. He plays too fast-paced to score himself, which is the result of having nobody else on the team who is a threat. McGee can't play big-enough without a scorer either... too much focus on him being the 2-man from the 5... lmao. Wall's got all the talent in the world to win multiple MVP's and contend for championships (especially in the shitty East) but he's getting the Dwight treatment... and not being given anything in terms of support.

Reaction score
^ Nick Young has shown he can score well, he hasnt started the season too well though. Jordan Crawford has been really disappointing this season too, he ended last season really well, think he even got a triple double against Miami or some top team but he's been terrible this season for some reason. If Crawford and Young pick up their game and play the way they have in the past then the Wizards will be looking better. Lol you must be gutted with your start to the season

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I think the biggest problem is that all of the guards are selfish. I've seen John Wall deliver some of the nicest passes this season, only for Crawford or Young to let it bounce off 'em, not paying the slightest bit of attention. Young's shot is good, but he's streaky as Hell. Either he's completely on, or completely off. He started the year shooting 73% the first two games, and then shot 15 and 22% from the field the next two, and has just been average since. And it doesn't help to miss all these shots when you have Lewis on the floor who can't rebound, or Blatche on the floor who refuses to rebound... and McGee, who has asthma, is forced to play even harder than you'd want him to.

As far as Jordan Crawford, he's a ballhog, in every sense of the word. His ability to drive is outright insane, the kid makes lanes to the basket, but he refuses to dish it out when he draws in the defense, so every other time he does it he's getting blocked. I'd rather trade him and see him produce elsewhere while I get a threat to match with Wall/McGee than hope he blossoms here and never does.

And yeah, losing 9 straight hurt... especially because we were legitimately IN some of those games and had some reason for hope this year... but this team crumbles, especially when Blatche and/or Lewis are on the floor.

Reaction score
Just thought I'd take the time to tell everyone to watch out for the Spurs. Duncan turning the clock back, Parker rounding into form and seriously playing like the best PG not named Paul in the West. Splitter's per 48 is insane, better than Bynum, Marc Gasol, Love and a few others. Wait til Manu gets back. It's open in the West. In the East, it's really Miami and Chicago and Philly as a possible spoiler.

Reaction score
The Knicks scenario:

D'Antoni's job might be safe til the end of the season because of Lin, but it doesn't change the fact that he's a 1 dimensional coach that couldn't teach defense to an ADT alarm and for the Knicks to take some more baby steps towards legitimacy he has to go.

The Knicks are winning games they should be winning with Melo and Stat but would probably be losing with Melo and Stat. Melo's fat, lazy, and a glorified chucker shooting an awful percentage. Stat's injuries are catching up with him. The Knicks appear to be better off without either. That being said, Melo's return would probably derail everything the Knicks have going for them, especially Lin's success. Amare doesn't have the anti-effect Melo has and the Knicks will need his interior scoring to get out of the first round and Lin would make the Knicks resemble a watered down 05 Suns, which for them, is a good thing.

This being said, if you were the GM of the Knicks, what do you do to make the most of this season? Do you buy into Lin as the real deal? Do you see how Melo and Stat improve/weaken this team? Do you deal Melo or Stat, both? What would you do?

IMO, I deal Melo. He's a fat Allen Iverson with zero heart and zero defense. His numbers are down, he's shooting "Kobe-when-the-Lakers-suck" percentage and he's showing injury prowess. It's proven that teams are better without him, twice. But he is a name and a draw. He's an easy move to a stupid team. I move him for a decent 3rd scoring option, a pick and a 3-4th big that can rebound.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler