Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
:lmmmao: @ the Spurs

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Uh...yeah. :D Spurs got hit in the mouth by the two wrecking balls known as Gasol and Randolph. And Shane Battier has ice in his veins. Now home court's been stripped away from our Alamo friends and the heat's on to win game 2 before Manu gets back.

Oh yeah, suck my dick, Benedict Lennie. ;D

Reaction score
:lmmmao: @ the Spurs

Go fuck yourself, we don't all get to play the Pacers in the Leastern Conference. Big boys play out West, Jackson. Our no. 8s are 3-5s out East.

Grizz played their hearts out. I give them respect for that. Now Tony has to pull his head out his ass, less of the dreaded Blair-Bonner duo and you fucks get brought back to Earth.

As far as this being the most open West, no sir. In 02, you had ELITE teams in Portland, San Antonio, LA and Sacto, an up and coming Dallas squad, the Utah Jazz on their last, but still steady legs, a scrappy KG in his prime Minny team and your wrong about those Ray Allen teams. Wanna know why Rashard Lewis is a top ten paid player? Because he used to play like a top ten player...in Seattle. A few things changed from here to 2005, the Rockets got up, Dallas got up and so did Phoenix.

Then there is 2005, 06, 07 and 08 where you needed at least 47-50 wins to get the EIGHT seed. All those years, any of the Western teams were better than any team the East put out. This year is still a strong class for the West, but this is nothing new, shocking nor alarming, the West is head and shoulders above the East, better teams, better management. It's been this way since Jordan retired. The East is just an inferior conference all around.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Not only am I the best wrestling poster but I'm also the best basketball poster. HTK, I love you as well, but cmon thd west is seriously a two team race. Don't kid yourself guvna.

Yep, Grizz and Hornets are pretty good.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I wouldn't laugh too much, considering if the Grizz or Hornets (or Rockets or Suns) played in the East, they would be the number one seed.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I wouldn't laugh too much, considering if the Grizz or Hornets (or Rockets or Suns) played in the East, they would be the number one seed.

:lmmmao:

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
I don't get what's funny, it's true and the East is an absolute joke. Enjoy struggling against the Pacers though. I thought we established that just because ESPN has a such a ridiculous East-Coast bias, doesn't mean the teams are any good. The Hornets and Grizz have already accomplished more than the Bulls will do in these playoffs, beat a good team.

Now I know part of the fun of being a fan is rooting for your team even when they have no real cred, but if the Bulls make the finals and miraculously win a game or two (which they probably won't) you can feel good about yourself and "MVP". Until then shut your mouth and let the big boy teams like Memphis and San Antonio settle real business while you guys struggle to take down the Indianas and Atlantas of the world.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
There's really no point in arguing with you if you actually think those teams are better than the Bulls. That's honestly a joke of a statement. Congrats on your Grizzlies winning a game in the series, but you'll be off your high horse when end up losing the series.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Gotta disagree there. There were years where the Ray Allen era Sonics were 3 seeds in the West. It breaks my heart to say this because they're the team of my childhood, but if that team played this year they wouldn't make the playoffs in the West.

'02-'03 were probably the only years that's more wide open, besides last year perhaps, but I believe this year is really the peak of what last year started. Nonetheless, '04-'08 weren't the strongest years for the West, definitely not as strong as this year with highly dangerous Denver, Portland, and Memphis underseeds.

Wasnt there 2 seasons between 04-08 where 6 teams in the west had 50+ wins?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Last year all 8 had 50 wins, but of those teams, and during any year of the past 10, it was obvious the top half of the conference were the ones that were going to be in the finals, the last decade has never produced a conference where any team 1-8 could when the entire thing. (From an unbiased view obviously, unlike certain fans of the big two around here. >_>)

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Nah, it seems like every year, everyone is suggesting a 1-4 could easily lose to their 5-8 counterparts... and 50+ wins is 50+ wins no matter how you slice it. Sure, you might say the 60+ win team Lakers were surefire to beat the 51 win teams... but the fact remains that the Western Conference has been doing things the NBA has never really imagined would happen in the last decade, even more so the last half-decade.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Spurs had injuries, thats their excuse but the grizzlies still played well but if the spurs get manu back I think they should easily win the series.

Can't believe the Lakers lost either, hope they get swept that'd be awesome!

The Bulls have been lucky to win their last two games over the Pacers, if it wasn't for rose in the last couple of minutes theyd be down 2 - 0 so theyre really lucky at the moment and better hope they make it through the first round with the way theyve been playing.

fuzzy

Reaction score
well so far it ain't looking all that good for the top teams in both east and west.
In the west: Spurs are down 2-1 Lakers are up 2-1 Mavs and Ballazrs are tied 2-2 and Thunder are really the only team that is doing well with a 3-0 lead and could finish up the serises tonite.
In the east: sure the Heat and Boston are up 3-0 but their opponents haven't made it easy for'em.

but in the end the LAKERS are gonna win it all......!