Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Those fucks that aren't being given will shit all over that "team" from LA in about a month or so.

Reaction score
LMFAO @ Lakers going all in struggling to beat a Spurs squad sans Manu, Tony and Timmy. Lakers are still the team to beat?? My ass. If one of the bug three are in, Lakers go on a six game skid and this just shows how deep the Spurs roll. Good win by the Bulls, btw.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
LOL Andrew Bynum! Hope he's injured for awhile resulting in LA getting their asses kicked, not sure how bad it is though. And yeah they didn't do to well against the Spurs without there big 3, I doubt theyre the team to beat.

Derrick Rose was insane against the Knicks!

fuzzy

Reaction score
Say what you will guys, but playoffs are a wholeeeeeeeeeeee lot different than the season.
Spurs are good but not much chance they beat the lakers.

LAKERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
[yt]t84p7mcK2Pk[/yt]

Referee was clearly being a fucking smurf.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
MVP just said GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
If the Spurs don't have Manu, i'd start sweating, Enzo. Just sayin'. :eek:: The Lakers should start sweating period and LMAO at the Bulls being a serious contender for anything.

How's everyone's year-end awards shaking out? Here's a quick rundown of how I see it.

MVP: D-Rose (Super close between him and the underrated Manu, but the Bulls had the best Reg. Season record so meh.)

Defensive POTY: Grant Hill - Can guard any position and is a real asset for the Suns' style.

6th Man: Jason Terry - Odom's probably the fav, but I don't buy him. JT's spark off the Dallas bench saved their ass more than a few times almost single-handidly.

Coach of the Year: George Karl - Pulled through a disaster situation with Melo, then brought a ragtag team together for a miraculous charge to the playoffs, literally one of the best coaching jobs of the decade. Tom Thibodeau did a great job too, but nowhere near the distractions the Karl had, in addition flew under the radar, and ate up a bunch of weak teams in the East.

Reaction score
You Snuggle Bears tanked to get us. Now get ready to get punched in the fucking teeth and brought back to the harsh reality that your franchise will never go anywhere. :)

All the dumbshit analysts who are discounting the Spurs do so because it's so easy to jump back on the bandwagon with the ESPN patented "well they are a veteran team with the most accomplished core, front office and one of the most brilliant coaches. This should surprise no one, they've been doing it so long" excuses. They've been doing the same shit since 2007 and where are the 500+ "experts" who picked the Spurs to finish around 42-45 wins and the Thunder and Lakers to run away with the conference? Looking as stupid as always and collecting undeserved checks. This isn't sour grapes on my half, this is the bare truth, 95% of all NBA analysts are dumb tools. Charles Barkley, John Barry, Jalen Rose and Jeff Van Gundy being perhaps the worst with Mike Wilbon being up there just because he has a huge hard on for his Bulls.

People don't realize that the Spurs starters played the fewest minutes of any team in the league this year. People don't realize the Spurs are the third most efficient O and 10th most efficient D. No team that has won the title since Jordan's day have been top 10 in both. The Spurs always sleep walk through the season and unless Pop plays Matt Bonner more than 15 minutes a game, I like our chances.

A few thoughts:

Who the fuck gives a shit about Orlando-Atlanta? There isn't a less intriguing matchup in the first round. And unless this was a "who has more payroll vested in mediocre players" series, no one should give a fuck.

The Lakers aren't the same team they were just three weeks ago. Going 2-5 the last seven, with worthless wins against the Spurs B-C team and needing OT to beat the Kings after blowing a 20 point lead, is not good nor indicative of a championship caliber team. Especially compared to the Lakers of two seasons ago.

The Thunder are the most over rated team in the play offs. The Spurs can beat them in 5. Give them two more years and a perimeter defender and they're playing the Bulls for two straight Finals.

If the Knicks knock out the Celts it will be because of Chauncey Billups and the lack of Kendrick Perkins. Melo and Amare are not a good core to have, it's like having Bernard Kind and Alex English as team mates, you're going to score shit loads, but they don't have the mettle to win.

Fuck the Heat. Go Philly. If they can't get it done, go Boston and if Boston fails, go Chicago.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, don't let the TV guys get to you. The ESPN guys' opinions are totally worthless since they're ALWAYS pushing some network agenda BS. Barkley's not even an analyst, he's just there for one-liners. I like Wilbon though, him marking out for his team to me gives him credibility as an actual fan rather than some Disney stooge (Jon Barry *cough cough*)

As far as our series goes, we all saw how it played out, we pretty much threw the last two games to take on SA. I'm with you that they're better than the Lakers, and I told you that the Under 30 stat was a stroke of genius. But the series got more interesting when Manu went down. I told you guys a week ago, this is the deepest West conference I remember, and I guarantee that if anybody sleeps on anybody, they're goin' out early, none moreso than the Spurs, not even drinking the blue kool-aid, the Grizz are ready top to bottom for a fight.

Either way, we'll see who gets the upper hand tomorrow, pal. I'm legit excited for these playoffs overall. :D

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Gotta disagree there. There were years where the Ray Allen era Sonics were 3 seeds in the West. It breaks my heart to say this because they're the team of my childhood, but if that team played this year they wouldn't make the playoffs in the West.

'02-'03 were probably the only years that's more wide open, besides last year perhaps, but I believe this year is really the peak of what last year started. Nonetheless, '04-'08 weren't the strongest years for the West, definitely not as strong as this year with highly dangerous Denver, Portland, and Memphis underseeds.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Could not agree more about the Hawks/Magic, they couldn't have had a more boring finals matchup.

The 76ers and Pacers both played really well in their first games, they were both actually leading for awhile and I can't believe Indiana ended up losing, Rose was sick in the comeback but they better pickup their game because that shouldnt have been so close.

Looking forward to the games tomorrow/today? Lol they should be good, lets go Knicks, Nuggets, and Spurs!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
The good ol' days of the Shaq Attack vs. The Sacramento Queens. Highly entertaining series. Fuck Robert Horry though.