Official NBA 13-14 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Meant to make this earlier but yeah even though the season has already started what is everyone's predictions on who will make the finals, be mvp, etc?

Also watching Mike and Mike right now Mike Greenberg had a solid suggestion on how to stop the tanking strategy for the top picks and that was the team with the best record who misses the playoffs gets the best chance at the number 1 pick. Not a perfect idea that doesn't have holes but it probably would be a lot better than the current system.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
So with Rose's right knee going down with a meniscus tear... or however you spell it... how long you think he'll be out... think he'll return next season? Or wait again?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Even though a meniscus tear obviously isn't good he still dodged a bullet because it would be far more devastating if he had suffered a torn acl again just this time on the other knee. I say he will be out until feb don't think he'll just say fuck it to the season and not play again or anything like that. Will be key to see what it does to him mentally because he spent all that time rehabbing and being off a whole year just for this to happen.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
It's def gonna hurt the bulls but they'll still be able to make it in the playoffs because the East has a huge drop off. I mean its getting better than previous seasons but you can pretty much have a losing record and still make it in the playoffs in the east. The only question is what will be of Rose. Cause when he came in... well although it is only the preseason but he was going rather well in the preseason but once that regular season hit he was like a fish out of water. career lows in just about everything. And plus the Bulls no longer have Nate Robinson (dumb dumb dummy move.)

The west... man those Spurs. They are the team that just does business, wins, and nobody talks about.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Curious... what would be your thoughts about the Trail Blazers. Jack Evans seems to have a feeling that this is their season.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't think they'll make it to the WCF but I do think they will be a 50 win team who with Lillard becoming a all star this year and LMA having a career year. They should def be a playoff team who wins a playoff series.

And it is official Rose done for the year. Truly devastating news and it is really going to take a lot for Rose to bounce back from this mentally.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Even at his best i think he was overrated. Now he's known to be soft and a headcase. Maybe selfish as well, given that he wouldn't return to help his team deep into the playoffs while physically 100%.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Blazers still have the leagues worst trainers in history and are overplaying their starters. They will hit the injury bug head on like always.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Blazers still have the leagues worst trainers in history and are overplaying their starters. They will hit the injury bug head on like always.

Exactly.

The Spurs on there current win streak have not played any of there players over 30 minutes. That right there is impressive too me. Another team not getting enough love is the Pacers. Doing very well, very potential threats to the Miami Heat in the East.

Overall I am excited with the T-Wolves this season. We cooled off after that hot start, but there is still a lot of season left. This is also a big season for the Wolves, because if we miss the playoffs it will be officially ten years since we missed the playoffs. Continuing the longest playoff drought in the league today. As well we need to keep Kevin Love happy so he dosen't bail on us the following year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Even at his best i think he was overrated. Now he's known to be soft and a headcase. Maybe selfish as well, given that he wouldn't return to help his team deep into the playoffs while physically 100%.
A headcase? He is one of the most humble nice players in the NBA lol. You're taking his injury situation last year and making it as if that made him a bad guy when it didn't. You can be medically cleared but doesn't mean you're actually ready to play.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
A headcase? He is one of the most humble nice players in the NBA lol. You're taking his injury situation last year and making it as if that made him a bad guy when it didn't. You can be medically cleared but doesn't mean you're actually ready to play.
well, i know almost any other player would be back on the court the day they got cleared.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would half and half agree with both of you. He was medically cleared but that doesn't mean he was ready. I had no problem with him not returning when he was medically cleared for basketball. I also know, if you've ever hurt anything, being cleared just means you can hit your training or practice hard like you want. Once you get your strength up though, I am a believer in getting out there on the court and the fact he should have returned after the all star break last year or right before and got his basketball legs. It may have been a 2 weeks or a month but he wouldn't have looked so thrown off and out of sync like after a year off.

No secret, I love Kobe and the lakers to death, but the second he was cleared I didn't want him playing. He could be out there right now on this trip but it wouldn't be good for him or the team. He's better off getting his timing and reps down and a slate of practices then a game.

I never faulted rose for staying out to the break, but when he's dunking in practices and then just decides to sit out while. Noah is out there killing himself and they were fighting in the playoffs it leaves a bad taste. Then again if he was horrible in practice which we weren't told, but could've been true just glossed over with a pr spin, then sit his ass down like I say about Nash and Amare as they are only hurting their team and themselves

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's why in the end I didn't have a problem with him sitting out because despite being able to dunk that doesn't mean he was able to fully play his game which is reckless abandon full speed. Only issue I had with the whole thing is that they didn't just be real and just shut him down and say he wasn't coming back after he realized he couldn't do what he does on the court without hesitating and not being ready. But yeah just cause you're medically cleared doesn't mean you can just hop back on the court. Kobe is one of the toughest players in the league and got cleared about a week ago but hasn't returned and probably won't until mid December because being able to practice and being able to play in a game are two totally different things.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Doesn't help that dantoni schedules freaking practices like car washes. They don't have one to December 3rd lol

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Just looking at the guys voted into the All Star game... how in the world did Kobe get voted in when he barely played? And then D-Wade? And he barely played half this season? NBA all star game ... joke.