Official MMA News/Rumours Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Strike Force HW Tourney Announced

i should really post these things when i hear about them :eek:

as i've said elsewhere, Barnett will rape his side of the draw and i'm praying Strikeforce can get Fedor to fight in the 2nd round otherwise this will fall apart.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
Vera got cut by the UFC.

Dan Miller vs Catone @ 128
Jim Miller vs Shalorus @ 128
Garza vs Jabouin @ 129
Campuzano vs Cariaso @ UFN 23

Rush

Banned
Reaction score

Could anyone upload any of these in the media section plox?

Rush

Banned
Reaction score

doesn't start until feburary Jupes.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score

How embarrassing. I'm trying to get into MMA, I still have no clue about start times and where to watch etc.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The TUF 13 coaches have been announced - Brock Lesnar and Junior Dos Santos will train a group of welterweights before they square off in June to determine the next heavyweight title contender

Just got this in my news feed on Facebook (Y)

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: Brock Lesnar to coach next season of TUF

Total swerve :lol: Double whammy in coaching TUF which didn't seem possible and guess he isn't on such bad terms with Dana as we thought.

Ben

Reaction score
Re: Brock Lesnar to coach next season of TUF

Makes sense, with Cain out for 6-8 months it sets up a fight for both guys. Junior will destroy Brock in a match though unless Brock is actually going to work on his weakness.

Ben

Reaction score
Should be a high ratings for the show just cause Brock is involved, but I fully expect Junior to lay a beating on him similar to the one Cain gave him.

Initial odds actually have Lesnar as the underdog.

Ben

Reaction score

Just announced that all the fights will be 3 rounds minus the final which will be 5. Belts not on the line in any of Reems fight and the final is for the #1 conteder spot and not the HW title.

:lol: Strikeforce

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kimbo Slice headed for pro wrestling

Source: Nodq.com

- MMA fighter Kimbo Slice will make his pro wrestling debut on February 5th for WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki's IGF promotion in Japan.

Slice will be taking on Shinichi Suzukawa in an "IGF Championship" match, says their website. That show will also feature Shane Helms and Josh Barnett.
Smart move as he is pretty much done as a MMA fighter. He could make for a pretty good wrestler if he works at it imo.

Ben

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, Best of Pride returns on Spike TV tonight, think this is going to be a weekly thing again so it's worth a watch, especially if you haven't seen anything Pride before, as there where a shit load of good cards.

Line up for tonight:

Tonight's matches include:

Mirko Filipovic vs. Heath Herring
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Enson Inoue
Semmy Schilt vs. Akira Shoji
Bob Sapp vs. Yoshihisa Yamamoto

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
i've been watching this on ESPN down here in Australia. Its pretty great. Good for those who haven't seen anything from PRIDE.

Ben

Reaction score
Strikeforce ratings for 'Fedor vs. Silva' are now official and "Bigfoot" wasn't the only winner in last Saturday night's (Feb. 12) main event in East Rutherford, NJ.
According to Heavy.com, the Showtime network set a ratings record for the opening round of the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix tournament with an average of 741,000 viewers and a main event peak of 1.1 million, a mark that easily surpasses "Carano vs. Cyborg," which took in a then-best 576,000 average and 856,000 peak.
"Fedor vs. Silva" also featured a co-main event between former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski in a losing effort against hard-hitting Russian striker Sergei Kharitonov.
Showtime is a premium subscription service currently available in approximately 18 m

Def a great rating for SF, for what really was a weak card. Bunch of quick matches, but the Main Event did have some excitement around it, and even though it was a dominating performance by Big Foot still thought it was a solid main event.