Official GTA IV Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CiC GFX

Reaction score
Im in the mission that you kidnap the ancellotis daughter.

chessarmy

I'm about 35 or 36 percent done but its getting a little weird. The only missions I can do are the Packie missions and I can only do those at special times. Do I have to finish all the Packie missions before more missions become available?

LadyHotrod

Work prevents me from playing a hell of a lot but on weekends I try to spend some time playing. Not sure of the percentage I am at....somewhere in the 20's.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Beat the game about an hour ago but one question to Kassidy. Whether you chose to seek revenge or take the deal, is the ending altered?

KenFan4life

Reaction score
^spoiler alert!!!

I'm on the second island and such...tha one with Playboy X(who just so happens to remind me of rell or famous) and I killed dwayne(soulpower)

and lil' jacob still annoys tha shi't outta me...

but its all good..

fun game

it owns!

MikeRaw

Just beat the game yesterday!
Best game ever IMO. Im not a game player at all really, only wwe and nhl games on occasion, but this game had me hooked.
I liked it better than all the others. Better graphics, better response to the players, and you were way more free to do what you want. Like sleep, date, more places to go.
The storyline was sick as well. I prefer the organized crime families over the street gangs from other games, so it was good to see some good old Mafia in it.
Storyline was very good, great game.
BTW, I used the revenge storyline, not the deal.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Beat the game about an hour ago but one question to Kassidy. Whether you chose to seek revenge or take the deal, is the ending altered?

yea the ending changes im playing through the second timee this time going to use revenge instead of the deal

MikeRaw

Ok, Im about to post a spoiler, to answer Ninos question, so if you dont want a spoiler, scroll past this post.

Anyways, yes it does. For revenge, you end up killing Dimiri instead, and taking out all his men, and then him. Then Pegorino gets mad, and at Roman's wedding, he kills Kate, and you, Roman and Little Jacob hunt him down and kill him, and that show it ends.
For Deal, you do the deal, but Dimitri turns on you, and you have to esape, btu he kills Roman eventually, and you hunt him down and kill him.

the dark knight

Just beat the game yesterday!
Best game ever IMO. Im not a game player at all really, only wwe and nhl games on occasion, but this game had me hooked.
I liked it better than all the others. Better graphics, better response to the players, and you were way more free to do what you want. Like sleep, date, more places to go.
The storyline was sick as well. I prefer the organized crime families over the street gangs from other games, so it was good to see some good old Mafia in it.
Storyline was very good, great game.
BTW, I used the revenge storyline, not the deal.
rofl...........................

10/10 my dick. most over rated game in the history of video gaming. where the fuck should i start? i wanted to make a huge rant thread but everytime i think about the game, i get pissed off enough to forget everything. but ill try..first off, i wanted to quit the game from the first 30 mins. so from there, ill just make it short.

the only good thing about the game is the graphics and maybe car physics. other than that, its shit. ok its not shit, but its nothing on the old GTAs. its a very good game of its own, but its not a fucking GTA.

- no firefighter missions
- no ambulance
- no RHINO. i could fucking swear, watching some videos when GTA III was released, the rhino is what caught my attention the most and actually convinced me to buy the game and eventually add the series to my fav ever.
- no HUNTER.........how could you possible have vigilante missions with no HUNTER? the new gay annhilator is...gay
- new shooting and cover system= trash. and wtf happened to free aim?
- few weapons
- small map
- crappy humor.
- fewer cars
- absolutely nothing to do after you finish the game. there are, but they dont motivate you enough to do it.
- whats the point of getting all the cash when you cant really spend it on anything but weapons?
- taxis make missions a lot easier
- how can you unintentionally die? it only happened twice...both times were raodkills ffs.
- when you die, you dont lose your weapons. lol wow at least in san andreas you had to date that paramedic girl first..
- ITS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BUSTED IN THE GAME. seriously, you could just sit there in the car and wait for em to bust your ass, nothing happens. standing right infront of the cop doesnt work either. they just wack you. so, you dont lose your weapons......my ammo is always maxed. i only buy armors, grenades and rocket launcher's...rockets. sometimes i buy ammo for my M4 just in case, but its usually a round or two and its maxed out again.
- in almost ALL GTAs, you get your ass kicked when you leave your car in a mob/gang territory. nothing here...everyone screams and runs away when you take out your weapon
- no jets? if its cuz of 911, die please. seriously, get the fuck over it and move on. if its because you wanna make the game more realistic, GTFO. its a video the game. the whole point of playing a video game is to have fun doing something we cant do irl or we wouldnt have fun doing it. if it was a simulation/racing game i'd understand but...this is supposed to be an action/adventure/sandbox game?
- TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING SHORT. finishing the game in 20 hours when im usually messing around, goin out on dates and doing side missions is Blue. come on...SA took me 24-27 hours and i thought it was short.

GTA III > GTA VC = GTA SA > GTA IV

some of you are gonna compare this to GTA III, go fuck yourself. there are standards now. look at GTA III and how it revolutionized gaming and how much they improved from the previous GTAs. III came out when no one expected a game to be half as good as that. VC improved and delivered its expectations. SA improved in some areas, screwed up a little but was still a very good game and reached our expectations. IV? pfffffft, take out the graphics and its NOTHING more than any other GTA rip off.
- way too easy. mission failed...only twice? oh and speaking of that, where the fuck is MISSION FAILED!!?

k i forgot what else i wanted to say...but for now, here are some screen shots of my record (or at least i think so) :p
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x44/josephanderson_666/Image017.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x44/josephanderson_666/Image016.jpg
brag bitch, brag!

sorry my phone's camera sucks. and my tv's not HD so it reflects a lotta light.

seriously though, i havent played a min since i finished it. i took the shots, quit, and leave the disc in the cover...its been there for about 2 weeks now? the thing is, i only got to play 40 mins to 2 hours a day ("busier than a dyke in a hardware store"...RIP carlin) and it felt so bad. the only mission i really liked was the bank robbery one...

how long did it take all of you to finish the game? only thing that would motivate me enough to play the game again is someone beating the game in a quicker time (stupid term...sorry)...

MikeRaw

^Please tell me you didnt just actually write all that, just to tell me its not the best game ever...
I like never play games. I only play svr, and nhl, yet this was the only "mission/story" game that actualyl made me want to play the full game. Im sure to some hardcore gamers, they can find tons of flaws, but I dont give a shit, it was the best Ive played, and that's all I care about:)

Wordlife

I for one enjoy the game alot, but I got it the day it came out and still havent beaten it yet for some reason. I just dont have the time anymore to play games with a summer job, friends, gf, lil sister to take care of. And when I do play games, its either GH Aerosmith on the PS2 (which I beat today, all 4 difficulties in 3 1/2 hours lol dead serious), or Gears of War on the 360... today I put in GTA IV (360 obviously) and played for like 20 mins, and then just said fuck it, and turned it off... just like Halo 3, I got bored of it fast and idk why

the dark knight

^Please tell me you didnt just actually write all that, just to tell me its not the best game ever...
I like never play games. I only play svr, and nhl, yet this was the only "mission/story" game that actualyl made me want to play the full game. Im sure to some hardcore gamers, they can find tons of flaws, but I dont give a shit, it was the best Ive played, and that's all I care about:)
i didnt just actually write all that, just to tell you its not the best game ever.

i wanted to post that in a single thread ages ago, now i got time to get on and do it. your post though made me laugh. did you even play one of the old GTAs?

I for one enjoy the game alot, but I got it the day it came out and still havent beaten it yet for some reason. I just dont have the time anymore to play games with a summer job, friends, gf, lil sister to take care of. And when I do play games, its either GH Aerosmith on the PS2 (which I beat today, all 4 difficulties in 3 1/2 hours lol dead serious), or Gears of War on the 360... today I put in GTA IV (360 obviously) and played for like 20 mins, and then just said fuck it, and turned it off... just like Halo 3, I got bored of it fast and idk why
halo online+boredom= math error

Reaction score
Well I think that when you expect everything to be in the game just because it was in a previous game, you are going to be disappointed. Sure the ambulance and shit were fun, but I never played them anyway. That is just some bullshit you have to do to get 100%, only game I beat 100% was Vice City. I for one did like the storyline and the new choosing what you do and leaving to two different endings was awesome. I also think that just because this was "missing" so much that it doesnt make it bad. And the Mission Failed thing, why is that a negative? The screen turns grey, if you dont know you fucked it up without the Mission Failed...well idk what to do. Also The graphics arent what makes a game to me, its gameplay. It took my 40 hours to play the game maybe thats a long time I guess. I had fun, I do agree it was overrated, but it was a great and really fun game none the less. IMO, there were plenty of weapons and cars, honestly what weapons was it missing? What cars was it missing? And there are parts of town where you get your ass beat and shit for being in because of the biker gangs and shit. There are also people that shoot at you for carrying a gun around. You played the game in such a short ammount of time you didnt do any free roam to even know that. And you can replay the game and try the other storylines, so I think that is a really good feature, giving you double the playing time. I guess I had fun playing it, but like i said if your expectations are high, you should expect disappointment.