Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
"Would love it if Wigan held on love it!"

Great draw for Hull and Sheffield Utd even through I am sure many were hoping for a City/Gunners final.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
WOW. I don't even know what else to say... kudos Wigan!

No excuses now. It's Arsenal's for the taking.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah if Arsenal don't end the trophy drought now then they should just stop ever trying.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool you are all welcome! Cannot wait for Match of the Day tonight! Delph for England!

Anyway this title race is so hard to call now. I think I will stick with Chelsea just because they have a easier run in than City who I think will drop a few more points along the way, but if City do win it then today can be seen as a crucial turning point. Arsenal must win tomorrow otherwise I think their title challenge is over.

Reactions: albo2

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Liverpool shitting over Utd can this weekend get any better!?

Reactions: albo2

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Liverpool shitting over Utd can this weekend get any better!?
Spurs could get thumped and we get another Tim Sherwood rant

Reactions: Keith

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
15 minutes in and he's going apeshit already :lmao

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Great result today. Played pretty badly in the second half in terms of keeping possession or posing any kind of threat going forward, but defensively excellent. Kos and Mertesacker were immense. Brilliant goal by Rosicky as well, I love that guy.

Great stuff from Man Utd as well. They've been so entertaining to watch this season it's not even funny... actually wait, it is funny. Very funny. :lmao

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Spurs are such a mess right now. As a stop gap manager Sherwood isn't too bad, but I think AVB was made a bit of a scapegoat and chances are they will change again in the summer.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Dunno about scapegoat but that money that he (or whoever actually chose them) spent from Bale's transfer and the way they performed should be reason enough alone for him to be sent packing. That's like some Liverpool shit right there when they blew their beans on Downing & Carroll for like £50 mil or w/e it was.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
You could argue he wasn't given enough time with that new team he built though. Despite not scoring many goals or looking all that convincing they were still doing pretty well in the league. I think his sacking was very much a knee jerk reaction to that Liverpool trashing. The signings were still pretty poor when you look at it, but when you give a guy 100 mil to spend you should at least give him time and see how he does from there.

Not that I'm complaining though. Watching their downward spiral after all the hype people were giving them over the past few years has been fun to watch!

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
I think it's pretty safe to say the top four are a lock now? Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea & Man City and to be honest, the way things are looking, that could be the top four for the next couple of seasons.

Everton or a late surge from either Southampton or Newcastle could happen for that 5th spot/Europa League spots, United look like a fish out of water this year.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You could argue he wasn't given enough time with that new team he built though. Despite not scoring many goals or looking all that convincing they were still doing pretty well in the league. I think his sacking was very much a knee jerk reaction to that Liverpool trashing. The signings were still pretty poor when you look at it, but when you give a guy 100 mil to spend you should at least give him time and see how he does from there.

Not that I'm complaining though. Watching their downward spiral after all the hype people were giving them over the past few years has been fun to watch!
But in fairness though, Sherwood was working under him and he still doesn't look to rate them so it can't be coincidence surely.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm just not convinced that AVB had much to do with the signings. Not saying he was the right man for the job anyway, but he did have pretty good first season and they are no better or worse now than under him, so might as well have given him the rest of the season then made a change if they were unhappy.

Aniking

Reaction score
AVB had nothing to do with the signings. It was all Daniel Levy and his technical director, Franco Baldini.

From what I've read in the past, AVB didn't want Erik Lamela, Nacer Chadli, Vlad Chiriches and Christian Eriksen, instead asking for Hulk, Joao Moutinho and David Villa. He did want Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Roberto Soldado, so there's hits and misses on both sides.