Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I don't think Mancini should have been sacked. A league and cup medal in the space of three years is pretty good, even if he did have an open checkbook. Still though, I'm not surprised at all.

It'll be weird seeing the top 3 teams all have new managers next season.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
God..not Lennon. Anyone but Lennon. Mark Hughes is even worse. Alan Stubbs is gonna get it I think or some combination of him and Duncan Ferguson. Gutted to see Moyes go, was a great send off today. Hope he does well.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Give it seven more years and you'll know the feeling.

No Fergie, no trophies.

The Watford/Leicester game was amazing earlier on btw, crazy finish.

I don't expect miracles right away. Will take Moyes a few years to settle. Luckily I'm not a glory hunter so I'll stick by the club no matter what happens.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No Fergie, No Scholes, No Rooney, whos gonna jump off the sinking ship next?

My guess is that snake Van Persie. Man Utd in crisis hahahahahahahahahahaha

Reaction score
No Fergie, No Scholes, No Rooney, whos gonna jump off the sinking ship next?

My guess is that snake Van Persie. Man Utd in crisis hahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds like Arsenal, every relatively good player disappearing each season :3, but some how they keep the manager, right :D?

And I can't find the image of the fact, an Arsenal loanee has won a title with Wigan... Damn.

Aniking

Reaction score
And I can't find the image of the fact, an Arsenal loanee has won a title with Wigan... Damn.

You mean Miyaichi? He's been back at Arsenal for a month or two now. He didn't play the FA Cup final.

I think you mean Bendtner, but the fact is he wouldn't have won shit if Serie A's rules were the same as the Premier League's - you're only awarded a winner's medal if you've made at least 10 appearances in the league that season. Bendtner made 8.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Sounds like Arsenal, every relatively good player disappearing each season :3, but some how they keep the manager, right :D?

How embarassing is it that Liverpool aren't even the best team in the city they are named after? I'd be ashamed if I were you, instead of gloating.

I can't find an image of the fact you are a mid table, one man team.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It's not about the last four years though is it, it's about being the defending Premier League Champions and going nowhere near close to defending it, not to mention not winning the FA Cup against a team they should be beating everytime they play. All that came about by him recruiting poorly in the summer by purchasing squad players at best and not people who would be automatic starters.

The only reason he should stay is that he knows what players he needs to strengthen and United are going into a transitional phase somewhat with Fergie leaving and so it's the perfect chance for them to assert their dominance by recruiting well.

But one below per season should not get you the sack. History says Fergie had a slow start at Utd and different would things have been if they had sacked him. City need stabilty, Machinci has done a great job, the way he handled the mind games last season was impressive. Also if your going to replace him do it with someone better, which they are not.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It was alot worse than below par, they weren't challenging for the title, didn't win a domestic cup, failed to go through in the Champions League again and recruited poorly in the summer.

Either way it's all moot as it's official he's been sacked.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was alot worse than below par, they weren't challenging for the title, didn't win a domestic cup, failed to go through in the Champions League again and recruited poorly in the summer.

Either way it's all moot as it's official he's been sacked.

But its still not a bad season, second in the league and a Cup final most teams would give for that. And like I said Fergie had a very slow start to his Utd career. 3 great seasons should coucil out 1 bad one.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's not a bad season for the squad they have? Jesus.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That's not a bad season for the squad they have? Jesus.

Yeah and whose to say the players didn't let him down badly, and maybe the club didn't give him the proper funds? Are you telling me than one bad season deserves the sack. Last season utd didn't win a trophy and finished second, so by your logic Fergie should have been sacked.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah because losing the title on goal difference is obviously as close as being 10+ points behind..

Jesus, up your standards.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah because losing the title on goal difference is obviously as close as being 10+ points behind..

Jesus, up your standards.

Didn't say it was but the point still stands even the best managers have bad seasons. Are you really tell me you don't think he did a good job? Look at where City came from seven years ago they were mid-table side, like one of their supporters said in a phone-in yesterday "not too long ago we would have given anything to lose in a cup final to anyone" perspective!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
like one of their supporters said in a phone-in yesterday "not too long ago we would have given anything to lose in a cup final to anyone" perspective!
That is quite possibly the most Blue thing to post to use as some sort of defence. So after spending a couple hundred million on players, winning the premier league and whatever cup it was, they should be happy losing to a mediocre team like Wigan in a final because not too long that would have been somewhat of a success? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.