Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Still think QPR are going down at the end of the season. If I was Samba, i'd of stayed in Russia with Anzhi as they're doing well under Guus Hiddink at the moment, plus they're still in the Europa League. I'd of imagined he'd of been paid quite well as Anzhi are quite a rich club. Gonna laugh when QPR go down and they have to sell Samba for probably half of what they bought him for.

Hope your right, but they are improving under Harry and Samba looks a good buy to me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Anyone here support any non league football teams and if so who do you support?

I'm a Chelmsford fan and go every game no matter where and love the non league game more so than the glitz and glamour of the primadonnaship

Thought I'd reply to this now as my friend is a Worscter City fan and tomorrow we are making the long trip from Brighton to see their home game against Vauxhall Motors. They play in the conference North and are currently just a point outside of the plays-offs, so quite exciting times. Also this is their last season at the current ground as they are ground sharing with Kidderminster from next year. Should be a fun day!

How are Chelmsford doing?

Lewb

Reaction score
Id be going to leeds tomorrow if tickets weren't 35-40 quid. They're worse than Arsenal in that respect. I know Cardiff have had a lot of people boycott the game.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Id be going to leeds tomorrow if tickets weren't 35-40 quid. They're worse than Arsenal in that respect. I know Cardiff have had a lot of people boycott the game.

Arn't Arsenal's like £62 for away fans through. I guess a championship club charging 35-40 is a bit cheeky.

Lewb

Reaction score
yeah, but the fact two years ago leeds were league one, it is scandalous. We're 10 points clear and the highest we charge any away team is £28. trqavel to Leeds aint cheap either from south wales haha

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
yeah, but the fact two years ago leeds were league one, it is scandalous. We're 10 points clear and the highest we charge any away team is £28. trqavel to Leeds aint cheap either from south wales haha

Fair point, part of that is the Ken Bates factor, will be glad when Football has seen the last of him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
:cussin:

FFS Taarabt. If he hit that penalty and we won if would have put us 1 point from moving out of the relegation zone. Need to take those chances against a midrange team like Norwich. On Samba that is a huge amount to spend on him, he isn't worth it at all and even though QPR are battling to prevent relegation that shouldn't mean spend crazy money on anyone that will sign.

Good on Beckham for donating his entire salary to a childrens charity, nice move by him.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
NACHO starts today!

Couldn't make the game but hope the thugs (namely, Shawcross) don't cripple Wilshere.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fair play, Villa's third goal was a peach. Nice buildup and a top a quality ball in for Benteke to score. I'm sure he'll stick around for a while, but Benteke should really jump ship as he could be playing for a far better team in the league. Pretty sure Villa would have taken a point going into the game, but given the circumstances of throwing away a lead and from yet another corner, you gotta be pissed at it.

Arsenal looked dominant against Stoke on the MOTD highlights, Begovic had a blinder of a game though and kept the scoreline credible. Not a single Stoke attack shown on the highlights either :lmao Tony Pulis can fuck off aswell whinging about Arsenal players surrounding the linesmen, him and his fucking team are the face of anti-football.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Fair play, Villa's third goal was a peach. Nice buildup and a top a quality ball in for Benteke to score. I'm sure he'll stick around for a while, but Benteke should really jump ship as he could be playing for a far better team in the league. Pretty sure Villa would have taken a point going into the game, but given the circumstances of throwing away a lead and from yet another corner, you gotta be pissed at it.Arsenal looked dominant against Stoke on the MOTD highlights, Begovic had a blinder of a game though and kept the scoreline credible. Not a single Stoke attack shown on the highlights either :lmao Tony Pulis can fuck off aswell whinging about Arsenal players surrounding the linesmen, him and his fucking team are the face of anti-football.
You hit on a good point, because recently part of our form has been about dropping points from good winning positions, if we had held on to the leads at Swansea and West Brom chances are wouldn't be in trouble so much now, so it is mixed feelings, still I would have taken a point from Everton before head
and with another good performance it is a step in the right direction, still next up it is West Ham home and that is a game to target three points as after that we visit Arsenal and can't see us getting anything there. As for Bentake his future depends on if we stay up or go down in truth.

Had a good trip to Worcestertoday and enjoyed a dramatic 2-2, a game in which they had to come back twice to draw. Vauxhall started much the better and were looking like going two nil up before the equizer, and the second half there was a missed penalty from the away side, a penalty claim for Worcester and three goals. A draw was about right and leaves City two outside the play-offs but they play the team above them on Monday night so could would move up with a win

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Liverpool have been unlucky last two games, battered us and Man City, if it wasnt for Reina they could of won today..

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well Cork am heading up your way in a couple of weeks as I have just booked a for the Arsenal/Villa match, should be a good day out and at least we won't lose by eight this time right?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You guys should meet up :adr:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I live in Wolverhampton :lol:

I am going to that match though because it's a guaranteed win.

Status
Not open for further replies.