Official Football Discussion Thread 2012/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Never seen a more biased referee in all my life, absolutely shameful from Mike Dean today and he should be suspended.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pretty happy to walk away with a draw against Tottenham, the defence held up well and Cesar pulled off some quality saves. Any points against top four teams are a bonus now, I just want this form to continue against the lower and mid range teams as well where QPR should be able to pick up a few points.

Lewb

Reaction score
We drew to a poor side Saturday, but everyone around the top lost. Now eight points clear instead of seven. Swings and roundabouts. £62 away tickets to the Emirates soon on the horizon. Oh joy.

WWE-HBK

Reaction score
Anyone here support any non league football teams and if so who do you support?

I'm a Chelmsford fan and go every game no matter where and love the non league game more so than the glitz and glamour of the primadonnaship

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well that result should take some heat off Wenger. Feared for them when they got Swansea, but seemed to have come through it quite well, next up Brighton through which maybe even tougher! My pick for the Cup this year is Spurs. Nice to see the Blues go out also!

Big couple of weeks for Villa we have a tough trip to West Brom Saturday, then have two cup games in less than five days, followed by Newcastle at home in the league which is a must win for me. Four points from the league and at least making the league cup final will do me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another point for QPR. Started really strongly but after the first twenty minutes we just faded away and were on the defence. Will take the point but can't help but feel it was yet another missed opportunity.

Couple of good matches tonight, Chelsea vs. Arsenal and Tottenham vs. Man United.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Martin Atkinson was awful today in that Chelsea/Arsenal game. Coquelin was fouled in the build up to the first goal and Ramires blatantly dived for the second. Can't excuse the dreadful performance from Arsenal in the first half as a whole, but even still, those two goals won it for them today.

Oh, and the one time I want Man Utd to win a match and they end up conceding a last minute goal. Great stuff all round.

Aniking

Reaction score
Martin Atkinson was awful today in that Chelsea/Arsenal game. Coquelin was fouled in the build up to the first goal and Ramires blatantly dived for the second. Can't excuse the dreadful performance from Arsenal in the first half as a whole, but even still, those two goals won it for them today.

Oh, and the one time I want Man Utd to win a match and they end up conceding a last minute goal. Great stuff all round.

My thoughts exactly. Not the best refereeing, very hard to watch when it was a clear foul on Coquelin. How he thought Ramires got something on the ball I just can't understand, and what makes it worse is there were softer fouls given throughout the game. Chelsea were the better team before the first goal, but after it they just simply dominated. It wasn't very good defending either, but that should never have come into play.

As for the penalty, I can see why it was given, but it wasn't one. Still I'm not gonna complain about it as it looked like a penalty, then you watch the replay closely and it shows it wasn't, and obviously Atkinson doesn't have the ability to watch a replay. In saying all of this, we shouldn't have been shit to begin with. Our second half performance needs to become our regular showing every match.

I actually wanted Man Utd to win too, but they let me down. When I woke up and saw the result, I instantly braced myself for complaining from Alex Ferguson... and that's what I got! It always seems to be everybody else's fault when Man Utd doesn't win, and I'm not sure if this is any different or what as I didn't see the second half. Still I'm pretty over the guy.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Maybe we are just garbage and lost to a terrible team playing a clueless lesbian upfront.

Absolutely shameful, hope that Cavani rumour is true otherwise it's Intertoto Cup for us.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm a big fan of the guy but Diaby starting these past 2 games after so long out was a huge mistake. Ramsey is hit and miss at best but he should have started and introduced Diaby from the bench. Massively missed Arteta though its scary.

Aniking

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the guy but Diaby starting these past 2 games after so long out was a huge mistake. Ramsey is hit and miss at best but he should have started and introduced Diaby from the bench. Massively missed Arteta though its scary.

Yeah unfortunately Diaby's looked out of his depth the past two games, so hopefully he gets benched. It wouldn't help his confidence coming back, starting games, and not playing very well. I just can't believe how much we've missed Arteta. It's really shown.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Just like last season Arteta's absence is costing us big time. He may not be a natural defensive midfielder, but he works hard and can read the game well in that part of the pitch. The sooner he comes back the better.

I agree that it was probably too early to play Diaby, but only in hindsight. He was put into the starting 11 not long after coming back from injury at the start of this season, and managed to play very well (especially against Liverpool where he was fantastic). Hopefully he can keep moving forward and not get injured again for another while at least. If that idiot Dan Smith hadn't broken Diaby's leg I swear he would have been a world class midfielder by now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
[MENTION=39]Keith[/MENTION]

Aston-Villa-v-Bradford-James-Hanson-pa_2889858.jpg

Don't mean to sound aggressive or anything, but you guys are seriously woeful. Delph is an embarassment of a footballer and the lad Clark in defence is a joke too.

Massive game for you next week now against Newcastle.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Well done Bradford, didn't really expect them to get past Villa and make it to the final.

Will still be up for Swansea though, they're easily my second favourite team in England. I think they'll easily beat Bradford on the day as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.